Light Waves..WTF????

Did I get close there?

A good interpretation Montrovant.

The next question is how this recurring change occurs, that is seems it would only change from one form to another and not back again.

Not how nearly so much Montrovant.

What we want to know is where it is going. Why is energy leaving our universe and re-entering our universe?

This is the main question at this point in time. Now if energy is leaving and entering our universe and when we smash photons we are left with less than we should mathematically find remaining, we are stumped. In that point of referencing, the particle is not able to be measured for point in time, given the space or given the time we are not able to measure it in space.

When given either space or time for reference on the chamber (where the particle is accelerated) it can not be found.

:eek:

I think of light as a vibration in transition. I think of energy in the same way.

So...this acceleration they speak of... More evidence of this mysterious fabric closing in behind the explosion...creating more pressure within than without...

I think all is one in that fragment of "is". I believe that the reason for those points of transition are to maintain stability.

And we do have some pretty good particle acceleration research that defines what's missing very well.

I just wish it would tell us where what's missing went. :razz::razz:

I've somehow never gotten around to reading any Asimov. Have you ever read any Greg Bear? He's a pretty good storyteller who sometimes delves into more of the 'hard' sci-fi.

Sounds good. I'll check him out. Always time for a decent sci-fi. Have you read Heinlein?

Me...I don't do much sci-fi. When I tackle the tough questions I like to think I'm heading somewhere useful. Nothing against it...for others entertainment. My mind has an unusual capacity to spatially visualize as big a picture as I might wish to create. If I let it run freely with no direction I end up feeling like I am wasting gas. Maybe it is that I think it is more important to figure out what we have before we make up new universes. This one is fascinating and entertaining enough for me. Not that I have it solved ..yet...or do I?..:lol::lol:

Screw electromagnetic issues.

One can at least get one's head around issues involving the electromagnetic spectrum

What the hell is gravity?!

The medium is space-time, through which all particles- including photons- propogate...

You were expecting, maybe, the ether?

Not to be critical but those terms need better definition to be useful...we have gone an awfully long time assuming phenoms like gravity are just unknowable in how they work and fit into the picture. We skirt around these issues like our national debt. We are working on a jigsaw puzzle with all the pieces the same shape. ...but the picture never looks quite right.

One can at least get one's head around issues involving the electromagnetic spectrum

According to the standard model, it's a force carried by the graviton.

M-theory explains its absurd weakness (compared the the other forces) by proposing it might not even emanate from the same universe/dimension as the other forces, but might 'leak over' into our experienced realm.

The medium is space-time, through which all particles- including photons- propogate...

Not to be critical but those terms need better definition to be useful...

What terms? Spacetime? Particles?
we have gone an awfully long time assuming phenoms like gravity are just unknowable

No, we haven't. Maybe you have, since you're an idiot. Scientists have been researching it and conducting experiments to try to find the answer for some time.

Well... I'm suggesting that it is possible and workable mathematically that the force of gravity is more like water finding it's level. This substance(fabric) once displaced by mass is seeking it's place in the fabric where mass exists. This same fabric is the medium of electromagnetic waves. You can get your head around it. Just reach your thumbs into your mouth and fingers into your ears and stretch your skull out until there is room for it.

Not to be critical but those terms need better definition to be useful...

What terms? Spacetime? Particles?
we have gone an awfully long time assuming phenoms like gravity are just unknowable

No, we haven't. Maybe you have, since you're an idiot. Scientists have been researching it and conducting experiments to try to find the answer for some time.

Go away.

Believable answer?

We can conclusively prove that electromagnetic radiation behaves like waves. We can also conclusively prove that it behaves like particles. There is a lot of math, and even some high falutin language, that explains all of this, but it comes down to it happens. Because light is a particle it can travel through a vacuum. because it is a wave it can interfere with itself. Because it is both, and neither, it doesn't behave life either would.

Believable answer?

We can conclusively prove that electromagnetic radiation behaves like waves. We can also conclusively prove that it behaves like particles. There is a lot of math, and even some high falutin language, that explains all of this, but it comes down to it happens. Because light is a particle it can travel through a vacuum. because it is a wave it can interfere with itself. Because it is both, and neither, it doesn't behave life either would.

These are partial explanations. Like saying if it walks like a duck..and quacks like a duck science..

I'm certain that "something" helps shape the waves and helps propagate them and propel them along at the speed they started out at. Perhaps it is something like the effect of a wing except an electromagnetic application.

"It just does"...isn't much of an explanation.

Here is an interesting twist...What if we discover that light accelerates? Or slows down..and then accelerates again? Then what? That would indicate "something" other than a vacuum is involved.

Last edited:

Noone's saying that, you idiot.
Here is an interesting twist...What if we discover that light accelerates? Or slows down..and then accelerates again? Then what? That would indicate "something" other than a vacuum is involved.
What are you on about now?

Tylenol...Ibuprofen...caffeine Mind blowing dude!

Last edited:
I have a hard time buying that light changes back and forth from a particle to energy and back again without being acted upon by some force or thing.

What if everything is always in some form of string state and thus always being acted upon by aspects of the matter/energy force in a transitive movement?

If we are all part of the vibration of power. If we are simply just forms of energy and matter each in their own state of transitional change, then the force just is...

I find it interesting that G-d said I am that I am. I am one. And the power that we are getting closer and closer to defining, is one as well and everything that is in our universe is either matter or energy or some form of transition of the two.

It all seems rather elegant to me as it is an order out of chaos.

Here is an interesting twist...What if we discover that light accelerates?

Does light accelerate into gravity? Light is a constant? How then can we accelerate it past its constant? We do that. How? Because it is only a constant in our frame of reference.

So, your question is a good one. :razz:

Me...I don't do much sci-fi. When I tackle the tough questions I like to think I'm heading somewhere useful.

When I read sci-fi it is for enjoyment. I am not tackling anything tough at that time. I don't even want to think too deeply at all. I want relaxation and the enjoyment of someone's mind and views.

I have a hard time buying that light changes back and forth from a particle to energy and back again without being acted upon by some force or thing.

What if everything is always in some form of string state and thus always being acted upon by aspects of the matter/energy force in a transitive movement?

If we are all part of the vibration of power. If we are simply just forms of energy and matter each in their own state of transitional change, then the force just is...

I find it interesting that G-d said I am that I am. I am one. And the power that we are getting closer and closer to defining, is one as well and everything that is in our universe is either matter or energy or some form of transition of the two.

It all seems rather elegant to me as it is an order out of chaos.

Here is an interesting twist...What if we discover that light accelerates?

Does light accelerate into gravity? Light is a constant? How then can we accelerate it past its constant? We do that. How? Because it is only a constant in our frame of reference.

So, your question is a good one. :razz:

Me...I don't do much sci-fi. When I tackle the tough questions I like to think I'm heading somewhere useful.

When I read sci-fi it is for enjoyment. I am not tackling anything tough at that time. I don't even want to think too deeply at all. I want relaxation and the enjoyment of someone's mind and views.

God said? I missed that lecture. Please Ropey...this is hard enough without making god jokes.

God said? I missed that lecture. Please Ropey...this is hard enough without making god jokes.

That's why I said "I find it interesting." :eusa_drool:

No one else has to :razz:

Believable answer?

These are partial explanations. Like saying if it walks like a duck..and quacks like a duck science..

I'm certain that "something" helps shape the waves and helps propagate them and propel them along at the speed they started out at. Perhaps it is something like the effect of a wing except an electromagnetic application.

It apparently does. It definitely changes speed passing through water, and other mediums, so it has to accelerate and decelerate to do so. Yet, as far as I know, no one has ever detected the energy transfer needed to make this happen.

Like I have said before, sometimes we just have to take it on faith because the education required for us to actually understand some things would take way too long.

Forum List

Back