Mutant Planet

R

rdean

New show on the Science Channel called "Mutant Planet".

They just went through the history of New Zealand and because there is a thousand miles of ocean in every direction, birds filled every evolutionary niche. There was only one species of mammal and that's bats.

They even have carnivorous "snails" about the size of your fist. Watching it hunt, catch and eat was amazing.

I love the way they went through "transitional forms". You see, transitional forms are all around us, but in a world of nothing but birds, they are easier to pick out. Then they are verified through "genetics".

Ain't modern science grand? Why some don't find this interesting, I don't know? Some, believe it or not, even find it "threatening". Or, without a shred of evidence, "a lie". Unbelievable!

Rdean is clearly a transitional form from a mutant planet
i was gonna say "they found rdeans planet"

Turns out it was this planet.

I would rather believe that we are the children of stars, made from exploded stars than what most right wingers believe. That we were magically shimmered into being from dirt.

The show on Australia was amazing.

Great series, seen Brazil's Cerrado and Africa's Rift Valley Lakes episodes so far. I love how they go show how they break down the evolutionary process of the animals. Can't wait to see the Madagascar episode this week! Highly recommend the series.

Great series, seen Brazil's Cerrado and Africa's Rift Valley Lakes episodes so far. I love how they go show how they break down the evolutionary process of the animals. Can't wait to see the Madagascar episode this week! Highly recommend the series.

I love the way they cover the geology of the area and how the changing landscape affected the evolution of the animals. 8 foot killer birds that run as fast as a cheetah, amazing.

And that carnivorous snail catching and eating prey. Stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back