Life Keeps Moving Forward

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I was wakened this morning by a pre-dawn phone call from my 40-year-old daughter who was giggling like a moonstruck teenager. She was all animated about being the first to wish me a happy birthday.

My kids have had this lifelong competition to be the first to tell me happy birthday. Who knows why? Things went along swimmingly until my son went overseas and started calling me about 12:01am and the girls started crying "foul." Now that he's back in the States the tradition has apparently been revived. :D

It's been an interesting 67 years for me. I think the first years, although terribly cruel and painful, taught me some lessons about the type of person I wanted to become. Those decisions have ultimately lead to a better life even though there were some really rough patches along the way. Although I never had a lot of money, I think I've been very blessed with good health, beautiful children, good friends - the things that really matter.

Life keeps moving forward ... I hope the rest of my years will remain much better than the first part of my years.

Happy Birthday, Granny! And many more. :D

It's a wise person who makes the effort to learn from life's harsher lessons. It's a strong person who learns to appreciate them in time. Good for you.

I was wakened this morning by a pre-dawn phone call from my 40-year-old daughter who was giggling like a moonstruck teenager. She was all animated about being the first to wish me a happy birthday.

My kids have had this lifelong competition to be the first to tell me happy birthday. Who knows why? Things went along swimmingly until my son went overseas and started calling me about 12:01am and the girls started crying "foul." Now that he's back in the States the tradition has apparently been revived. :D

It's been an interesting 67 years for me. I think the first years, although terribly cruel and painful, taught me some lessons about the type of person I wanted to become. Those decisions have ultimately lead to a better life even though there were some really rough patches along the way. Although I never had a lot of money, I think I've been very blessed with good health, beautiful children, good friends - the things that really matter.

Life keeps moving forward ... I hope the rest of my years will remain much better than the first part of my years.

Please post your phone number so that I can be the first to call you next year

i was wakened this morning by a pre-dawn phone call from my 40-year-old daughter who was giggling like a moonstruck teenager. She was all animated about being the first to wish me a happy birthday.

My kids have had this lifelong competition to be the first to tell me happy birthday. Who knows why? Things went along swimmingly until my son went overseas and started calling me about 12:01am and the girls started crying "foul." now that he's back in the states the tradition has apparently been revived. :d

it's been an interesting 67 years for me. I think the first years, although terribly cruel and painful, taught me some lessons about the type of person i wanted to become. Those decisions have ultimately lead to a better life even though there were some really rough patches along the way. Although i never had a lot of money, i think i've been very blessed with good health, beautiful children, good friends - the things that really matter.

please post your phone number so that i can be the first to call you next year

lol!

Forum List

Back