Life is not a machine, but are machines also conscious?

As far as machines wiping us out, we just need to make sure we include in the programming for every advanced machine not how to open doors. At least that way the bloody carnage will be confined to one room at a time. :bye1:

At some point, and Bill Gates said recently he thinks it will be 40-100 years a from now, machines will be sophisticated enough to gain 'self awareness' or something similar. I think there will likely be some breakthrough in the next 25 years and make that possible.

What then? When the first machine says 'I don't want to die', what do we do? Judging from past and present treatment of humans by humans machines will certainly be treated as 'second class'. But what if they turn out to be geniuses. Maybe solve for fusion, or warp drive. Once artificial neural networks get large enough and sophisticated enough they WILL be able to out think us on many levels. Not on intuition or deception I'd say. But generally yes.

And instead of The Planet of the Apes will we be looking at The Planet of the Apps? COPYRIGHT 2016

Or mabye a race of Chappies.

As far as machines wiping us out, we just need to make sure we include in the programming for every advanced machine not how to open doors. At least that way the bloody carnage will be confined to one room at a time. :bye1:

At some point, and Bill Gates said recently he thinks it will be 40-100 years a from now, machines will be sophisticated enough to gain 'self awareness' or something similar. I think there will likely be some breakthrough in the next 25 years and make that possible.

What then? When the first machine says 'I don't want to die', what do we do? Judging from past and present treatment of humans by humans machines will certainly be treated as 'second class'. But what if they turn out to be geniuses. Maybe solve for fusion, or warp drive. Once artificial neural networks get large enough and sophisticated enough they WILL be able to out think us on many levels. Not on intuition or deception I'd say. But generally yes.

And instead of The Planet of the Apes will we be looking at The Planet of the Apps? COPYRIGHT 2016

Or mabye a race of Chappies.

Imagine, for example, if at a point in the history of mankind, a human so enamored of machines, more greatly enamored than any other human engaged with doubt and skepticism, played strategic video games based on Artificial Intelligence (Civilization, Age of Empires, World of Warcraft, etc.) and because of the power and allegiance of their belief in the virtual reality they experienced happened to dramatically influence the reality of those neutral humans uncapable of further definition and involvement of their ambiguous reality? Would the role of humans and Artificial Intelligence suddenly be swapped unknowingly in the account of the skeptical and doubting humans?

New Topics

Forum List

Back