Lieutenant Colonel Allen West: Politics and Black History

Of course the most detrimental of domestic policies is welfare.

16. "....welfare benefits encourages single parenthood and family breakups, which exacerbates poverty. The poverty rate for female-headed households with children is 44.5 percent, compared to 7.8 percent for married couples with children. The poverty rate for married black Americans is only 11.4 percent, while the rate for black female-headed households is 53.9 percent.

...having a baby offers a gateway to a generous package of government benefits. However, if the mother marries a man who earns a significant income, the benefits are lost. Indeed, if the mother marries a man who is not working, but the government requires him to take available work before benefits are paid, then the benefits will be lost in any event, whether he refuses to work, or if he works and earns an income that eliminates them.

Government is effectively paying women to have children out of wedlock, resulting in a 72 percent out-of-wedlock birthrate in the black community. This is devastating and demeaning to the African-American community that was once the model of strong families.
It has been 50 years since the advent of the Great Society anti-poverty programs. Clearly, they don’t work.
ALLEN WEST AND PAMELA VILLARREAL Nanny state takes toll on black America - Washington Times

Big Government devotees.....take heed:
Lieutenant Colonel Allen West knows whereof he speaks.

14. “Today, tens of thousands of New Yorkers seeking to followa rich tradition of entrepreneurship face a bewildering array of laws and regulations that prevent or stifle enterprise.The entrepreneurs featured here, and countless others like them, deserve a chance for a better future made possible when economic liberty--the right to pursue an honest living without arbitrary government interference--becomes a reality for all New Yorkers.”
City Studies | The Institute for Justice

I love the ads on TV you see about "come start a business in NY and pay less taxes".

What the ads forget to mention is you only get the lower taxes if you build a business in one of the designated shithole ghettos in the state.
Such as?

14. “Today, tens of thousands of New Yorkers seeking to followa rich tradition of entrepreneurship face a bewildering array of laws and regulations that prevent or stifle enterprise.The entrepreneurs featured here, and countless others like them, deserve a chance for a better future made possible when economic liberty--the right to pursue an honest living without arbitrary government interference--becomes a reality for all New Yorkers.”
City Studies | The Institute for Justice

I love the ads on TV you see about "come start a business in NY and pay less taxes".

What the ads forget to mention is you only get the lower taxes if you build a business in one of the designated shithole ghettos in the state.
Such as?
Flash is talking out of his ass. Most of the tax free zones are next to or on Community and small college campuses. A big part of the effort is to facilitate business and college relationships and bring employment to small communities all over the state.

You can't even respond to a single point. You have zero intellectual credibility. Just another left wing zombie parrot.

the good Lt. Colonel turned in his papers to aviod a court martial. The good Lt. Colonel then became a shining star in the Tea Party.

West is a loser loved by losers.

[

Such as?

You can only get the tax breaks if you build in what the idiots call a designated enterprise zone, which are nothing more than the ghetto shitholes of New York State.

The ad is misleading. Typical Left Wing lies and misinformation.

So what is he up to now? Does he have a real job or is he a lobbyist &/or a paid speaker-for-hire like Paylin?

Your re-education continues below.

17. Of course, Lieutenant Colonel Allen West isn't the only African-American who speaks these truths. In her book, "Uncle Sam's Plantation," Star Parker recounts her journey from life as a hustler and welfare addict to freedom. The following gives one version of the path to success.

"My first post-welfare job was hardly a dream job. Assigned to a sterile basement room in a huge office building, I had to hand-write the orders called in by salesmen, and send it to the shipping department. Since, the more orders they called in, the more money they made, the salesman talked fast and were rushed. The shippers, union laborers, on the other hand, received the same wage no matter how much work they did, so they talked slowly and made no effort to be efficient.

I acted as if it was my own customer, and the order that I was receiving was worth a million dollars to my business. My view was that hard work would open up opportunities to leave welfare behind, and poverty forever.

The only other black in the department was a 32-year-old female who had been there 15 years. On my first day at work she was eager to give me the scoop, including how to get away with the least amount of work for the maximum financial benefit- by paying $260 to join the labor union. Every day she would say I was "uppity" because I worked fast and actually enjoyed it! The more I fulfilled my tasks with vigor, the more dislike I engendered from the union workers.

I had my sights set on finishing college, and owning my own business. When the union went on strike, I saw it as the right time to try my hand as an entrepreneur.

.... my determination never wavered. I refused to go back on welfare or listen to the leftist lies that sought to discourage me from even trying! I used my talkng/selling experience to cohosting a talk show on a small Christian radio station in Long Beach. It didn't quite pay minimum wage, and had no benefits....so I made money based on commissions from advertisers of the show. So, no guarantees.....but hard work and a positive attitude paid off: soon, I was offered the opportunity to host my own three-hour daily radio talk show with and ABC affiliate in San Francisco. Not only a good salary, but they put a studio in my home!"

Nothing new here.....the same works and worked for everyone, black, white, or yellow.

Government is effectively paying women to have children out of wedlock, resulting in a 72 percent out-of-wedlock birthrate in the black community. This is devastating and demeaning to the African-American community that was once the model of strong families.
It has been 50 years since the advent of the Great Society anti-poverty programs. Clearly, they don’t work.
ALLEN WEST AND PAMELA VILLARREAL Nanny state takes toll on black America - Washington Times

His advocacy for a form of eugenics, you approve of ?

lol, when did you flip flop on that?

You found it necessary to re-establish that you are a moron?

Unnecessary.

18. Joseph Phillips, in his book, “He Talk Like a White Boy,”paints a poignant portrait of what Liberal indoctrination has done to the black community...

"In eighth grade English class, 1974, after I gave what must have been a brilliant and insightful observation, a black girl across the room raised her hand, and announced to the class, “He talk like a white boy!”

What did LaQueesha mean? That is spoke clearly? Intelligently? That some timbre was missing from my voice? That moment was the beginning of my life.

It was suddenly clear that my definition of my black self was unimportant: my membership credentials to the brotherhood were confiscated and ripped to shreds. The way I spoke, the sound of my voice, my diction, clearly meant that I was trying to be something I wasn’t. I was an outsider.

I’ve written a column for several years. The emails included lots of polite comments….as well as “your thoughts are dangerous to black people,”…”Stepin Fetchit,”…”Sambo/Uncle Tom,”…”you’re betraying the race,”…et.cetra.

My sister, Lisa, whom I love dearly, tells me, “I’m ashamed to tell people that my little brother is a Republican.” We have another sister how has been a drug addict, a lesbian for a time, in and out of mental hospitals, chased by debt collectors….but Lisa never said “I’m ashamed of you.”

19. When John McWhorter, former linguistics professor at Berkeley, a black man, wrote “Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America,” the NYTimes review claimed he wasn’t black enough to write about black people with authority. Another professor called him a “rent-a-Negro.” Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell, economists, have argued that the black middle class did not spring from affirmative action or the welfare state, are routinely ignored by the mainstream press, and miraculously left out of a list of public intellectuals compiled by ‘race expert’ Michael Eric Dyson in his “Race Rules.”
Need we even begin to address the black community’s ostracizing of Justice Clarence Thomas?

a. The epitome of such thinking appeared when Justice Thomas was asked to speak to an elementary school in D.C. The invitation was rescinded when a number of the parents objected that he was not a proper role model. The school has no such complaints when they invited the crack-addicted, philandering former mayor Marion Barry. "

What a shame.

20. Exactly what is the connection between Liberal welfare policy and the burgeoning illegitimacy from the 1960s on?

Want to know?

LBJ accomplished the expansion of the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program (AFDC). Under Franklin Roosevelt, AFDC had been limited to widows, those who had lost their husbands and needed help to support the children.

To progressives, loosening and expanding the eligibility to any woman living alone with children, benefited huge groups of voters.
No matter that it incentivized out-of-wedlock births, and single motherhood,reinforcing the same negative behaviors that caused poverty in the first place. (in 1960, only 5.3% of children were born out of wedlock…today? Around 40 %).
Thanks to Liberal policies, millions of women could be better off financially by not marrying.
Charles A. Murray, “Losing Ground: American Social Policy, 1950-1980.”

a. Before 1960, single mothers were not even allowed in New York City public housing. Soon, Liberal politicians joined the "welfare rights movement,"and things changed from grandparents telling young mothers to find a husband, she could choose 'door number two,' she could'marry the state.'And the state came through with a monthly check and a subsidized apartment.

21. In 1986, Bill Moyers produced a TV documentary, "The Vanishing Family: Crisis in Black America." It produced several significant images:

a. a room full of new mothers telling Moyers that they had no interest in marrying the fathers of their infants.

b. a 22-year-old lothario, in the delivery room watching his girlfriend give birth , bragging to Moyers about how many children he had fathered

c. an older black man in a pool hall complaining, "Those women are married to welfare. They're more married to the welfare than they are to the guy who's sleeping next to them at night."

22. Governor Mario Cuomo of New York said,
"If we take a 16-year-old single mother, get her on welfare, give her food stamps, get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes, what's the problem?"
The Coming Cultural Disintegration | The American Spectator

"If we take a 16-year-old single mother,
...get her on welfare,
...give her food stamps,
....get her her own apartment and have her back in school taking classes,
....what's the problem?"

What??????

So what is he up to now? Does he have a real job or is he a lobbyist &/or a paid speaker-for-hire like Paylin?

17. Of course, Lieutenant Colonel Allen West isn't the only African-American who speaks these truths. In her book, "Uncle Sam's Plantation," Star Parker recounts her journey from life as a hustler and welfare addict to freedom. The following gives one version of the path to success.

"My first post-welfare job was hardly a dream job. Assigned to a sterile basement room in a huge office building, I had to hand-write the orders called in by salesmen, and send it to the shipping department. Since, the more orders they called in, the more money they made, the salesman talked fast and were rushed. The shippers, union laborers, on the other hand, received the same wage no matter how much work they did, so they talked slowly and made no effort to be efficient.

I acted as if it was my own customer, and the order that I was receiving was worth a million dollars to my business. My view was that hard work would open up opportunities to leave welfare behind, and poverty forever.

The only other black in the department was a 32-year-old female who had been there 15 years. On my first day at work she was eager to give me the scoop, including how to get away with the least amount of work for the maximum financial benefit- by paying $260 to join the labor union. Every day she would say I was "uppity" because I worked fast and actually enjoyed it! The more I fulfilled my tasks with vigor, the more dislike I engendered from the union workers.

I had my sights set on finishing college, and owning my own business. When the union went on strike, I saw it as the right time to try my hand as an entrepreneur.

.... my determination never wavered. I refused to go back on welfare or listen to the leftist lies that sought to discourage me from even trying! I used my talkng/selling experience to cohosting a talk show on a small Christian radio station in Long Beach. It didn't quite pay minimum wage, and had no benefits....so I made money based on commissions from advertisers of the show. So, no guarantees.....but hard work and a positive attitude paid off: soon, I was offered the opportunity to host my own three-hour daily radio talk show with and ABC affiliate in San Francisco. Not only a good salary, but they put a studio in my home!"

Nothing new here.....the same works and worked for everyone, black, white, or yellow.
whats he doing now was my question. Your predictable, wall-of-text, cutnpaste (AKA-plagiarism) didn't address that

Unnecessary.
you responded to his valid question w/ a content-free ad hom? Figures.

whats he doing now was my question. Your predictable, wall-of-text, cutnpaste (AKA-plagiarism) didn't address that

Why does the success of black folk anger you so??????

Unnecessary.
you responded to his valid question w/ a content-free ad hom? Figures.

You aren't smart enough to recognize that NYLiar simply changed the subject?

See....you should have stayed in school beyond third grade.

Let's see, he has written a book, opened a jrotc foundation , another foundation (they supply scholarships) and is ceo of a company that has been around for 31 years. (Not his)

What have you done over the last few years?

Why does the success of black folk anger you so??????
ANOTHER deflection from answering my question PoliticalSpice PoliticalChic

Perhaps you missed this:

"Why does the success of black folk anger you so??????"

Why do you insist that sans their adoptions by government, they must fail, when icons like Lieutenant Colonel Allen West, Star Parker, Dr. Ben Carson, prove you wrong?

Or....perhaps you fear contradicting the racist rapist who bears the appellation 'Democrat'...
a.… President BillClinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative action program.
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

Get it? Powell didn't deserve it according to Bill Clinton.

b. 'BILL CLINTON: IN PAST, OBAMA WOULD BE 'CARRYING OUR BAGS'Bill Clinton In Past Obama Would Be Carrying Our Bags - Breitbart

Six years ago.

So....what's you beef against successful black folks?

Forum List

Back