Lie of the day, it is a minority of bad cops.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
We always hear how it is a minority of bad cops that give the rest a bad name. For years I’ve maintained that is simply not possible. The ones who get busted are the sacrificial lambs to placate the public when someone gets caught, usually by video, while the others skate.

For some reason, people want to believe it is just a few bad cops, and the rest are somehow just offended, but silent when the bad cops are exposed.

The truth is the bad cops, make up the majority. The truth is that the bad cops, are the vast majority of people wearing uniforms and badges. Lies are told by the others, the notional good cops, to protect the bad ones.

A few days ago, the story of a Georgia Cop who had run his car into a fleeing suspect was in the news. The cop claimed he had’t done the act. Then he continued to lie saying he lost control because of a flat tire. This cop was exposed by his own body camera video. The department fired him since he was a probationary officer. OK, if the cop defenders were right, and it was truly a minority of bad cops, as in the notional 1% that we are told it is. Then that would be the end of the story. Terry Saulters would start his new career as a truck driver, or a fast food worker.

Nope, in less than two days, Terry Saulters is hired to work for the County Sheriff’s. Because he is a good man, and will be a great addition to the department.

Sheriff hires Georgia officer fired for striking suspect with car | Daily Mail Online

If you don’t live in the County, you got no reason to comment according to the Sheriff. The people in the county have a huge amount of respect for the Law Enforcement officers like Saulters.

Tell me again how it is a minority of bad cops? Because I’m not seeing it.

We always hear how it is a minority of bad cops that give the rest a bad name. For years I’ve maintained that is simply not possible. The ones who get busted are the sacrificial lambs to placate the public when someone gets caught, usually by video, while the others skate.

For some reason, people want to believe it is just a few bad cops, and the rest are somehow just offended, but silent when the bad cops are exposed.

The truth is the bad cops, make up the majority. The truth is that the bad cops, are the vast majority of people wearing uniforms and badges. Lies are told by the others, the notional good cops, to protect the bad ones.

A few days ago, the story of a Georgia Cop who had run his car into a fleeing suspect was in the news. The cop claimed he had’t done the act. Then he continued to lie saying he lost control because of a flat tire. This cop was exposed by his own body camera video. The department fired him since he was a probationary officer. OK, if the cop defenders were right, and it was truly a minority of bad cops, as in the notional 1% that we are told it is. Then that would be the end of the story. Terry Saulters would start his new career as a truck driver, or a fast food worker.

Nope, in less than two days, Terry Saulters is hired to work for the County Sheriff’s. Because he is a good man, and will be a great addition to the department.

Sheriff hires Georgia officer fired for striking suspect with car | Daily Mail Online

If you don’t live in the County, you got no reason to comment according to the Sheriff. The people in the county have a huge amount of respect for the Law Enforcement officers like Saulters.

Not seeing it?
Here's why, and a Thank you to Paul Simon - from "The Boxer."

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

A man lies to you. A friend or employee doesn’t matter. How do you trust him again? Especially when it is only a matter of time before some incident or event comes up that will be based upon his word. He has lied before. Will he lie again? Certainly. I was always taught a man of honor does not lie. What were you taught?

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

A man lies to you. A friend or employee doesn’t matter. How do you trust him again? Especially when it is only a matter of time before some incident or event comes up that will be based upon his word. He has lied before. Will he lie again? Certainly. I was always taught a man of honor does not lie. What were you taught?
Actually, I was taught that the policeman is your friend.
When pulled over, respect him and he/she will respect you back.

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

I’m sorry you were taught the wrong lessons.

Bullshit, I used to hang out with wheeling and Chicago Illinois cops at local bars..i have never met a bad cop in my life even when they were taking me to jail.. plus I had so many cops just drive me home.

All they are doing is their fucking jobs.

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

No we are sorry that you were not taught respect / honor and be a decent human being..if you want to play they will play..

You want to be cool they will be cool.

Bullshit, I used to hang out with wheeling and Chicago Illinois cops at local bars..i have never met a bad cop in my life even when they were taking me to jail.. plus I had so many cops just drive me home.

How did a cop who was fired for lying get hired to be a cop again?

I remember when my cousin was bitching after he became a sheriff after his stint in the military, he is like it sucks I have to arrest kids i went to school with..

I am like kid you grew up, you're just doing your job

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

No we are sorry that you were not taught respect / honor and be a decent human being..if you want to play they will play..

So they will only lie if I am not respectful? They will only use brutality if I am not sufficiently kissing ass?

How did a mayor get busted for crack, served time become mayor again?

This reminds me I worked with another ex cop at a local factory, he got busted with a girl in his cop car..

They fired him, he quit that job and now runs a local south Carolina liquor store..

He understood what he did was wrong, I never even mentioned it to him I knew, I figured he just needed a friend

People fuck up, but he is not a bad person.

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

So they will only lie if I am not respectful? They will only use brutality if I am not sufficiently kissing ass?

Jesus, the time to fight is in the court room, not in the streets when you are out numbered..

I remember another time I got in a huge argument in south Carolina, of course I went into the cop car and two others were following us to the jail, I was being an asshole and tried to kick out the back seat window..

He pulled over and made a call

So three cops was egging me o.n to get out of the cop car..

I am like fuck that, just take me to jail :)I

How did a mayor get busted for crack, served time become mayor again?

This reminds me I worked with another ex cop at a local factory, he got busted with a girl in his cop car..

They fired him, he quit that job and now runs a local south Carolina liquor store..

He understood what he did was wrong, I never even mentioned it to him I knew, I figured he just needed a friend

People fuck up, but he is not a bad person.

If a man walks into a thousand banks, does it matter that he did not rob 999? That is your standard. He only robbed one. He only killed one. He only crippled one. Think of all those he didn’t rob, murder, or cripple.

Another time up in Illinois i got in a huge argument with my wife, ahe called the cops I got in my car and I was surrounded by 5 cops cars..

I got out and all 5 did also , I am like fuckers, if your so bad pull that gun and try to shoot me..

It got heated I calmed down and started talking normal, in the end one cop just drove me home

I’m sure you’ll like this. The good cops, and good prosecutors, kept a man in prison for five years after it had been conclusively proven he did not commit the crime. Why? Well they were going to retry him anyway, despite the fact that DNA evidence conclusively proved he was not the perpetrator.

The Cases: Kennedy Brewer

This is the Justice System you adore. These are the cops you so admire.

Lies, obfuscation, and hiding evidence so the defendant doesn’t get away with a crime they did not commit.

Not seeing it?

I am just a poor boy
All lies and jests
And disregards the rest

Ya, it does not work that way, especialy in large urban areas the cops show absolutely no respect Not even to witnesses. A freind of mine sais he can not even count the number of people he has gotten off because the cops pissed the witness to the point they told them to take a flying leap. Cops in small towns tend to be more respectfull, they also do not tend to deal with as bad of crimes though! SHP tends to be the most respectfull . I have a great deal more respect for state highway patrol than PD.

Forum List

Back