Libs: You don't get to brag about Obama keeping us out of wars

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congressional votes

[edit] House of Representatives

On September 14, 2001 bill House Joint Resolution 64 passed in the House. The totals in the House of Representatives were: 420 Ayes, 1 Nay and 10 Not Voting. The Nay was Barbara Lee, D-CA. [2] Lee is notable as the only member of either house of Congress to vote against this bill.[3]

[edit] Senate

On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R).

the left was NOT anti Afghan war.

we got pissed when the fucker Bush started USING lies to tie his desire to do Iraq to the war on terror

I was NEVER against the Afghan invasion you fools.

So why did you guys lie about that?

I also liked Bush's aid for Africa.

and some of his immigration plans.

You know the shit you guys hated

The American people came together on one page after 911.

Bush then tried to USE that to fool the American people into a war built on lies.

Are Obama supporters even claiming this? It's so demonstrably false (Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen, etc...) that I can't see anybody making this claim.

Highl crimes and breaking international law by sending drones and mercenaries into more middle eastern countries, africa, etc... to kill "terrorists" and innocent civiliians is not high on the list of "we care" when it comes to Obama supporters. They were furious with Bush about it, but now that their man is doing the ordering of assassinations and the murder of innocents, it's no longer a priority.

It's one of the things I shame my LOLberal friends with on a regular basis when they try to say what a good job Obama is doing and why they think he should get four more years.

Horse pucky. It's too bad GW didn't take the same type approach to attacking America's enemies, instead of a conventional invasion, occupation and attempted nation building. I'm all for targeted Drone strikes against a known target. However blind attack and targeting the first responders does not have my support, for what it's worth.

So when will Obama do anything about our soldiers being killed by the very police that they're training in Afghanistan? When is he going to do something about them turning on our soldiers like dogs and gunning them down?

I don't care WHO started the stupid war in Afgh...it needs to end now. Don't wait months to bring them home, bring them now or let them loose to clean the country out. They hate us and they don't want us there....put them on a plane TODAY! We will never accomplish anything in a country that doesn't want the help. We're just losing lives, and it actually is for NOTHING.

Well, sonny, Obama is just trying to clean up Boy George's mess - while whacking the evildoers and keeping America safe. It ain't rocket science...

libya-chris-stevens.jpg

I seem to recall that most complaints from the 'nuts around here regarding Libya were that Obama was leaving too much up to the Europeans, or our NATO allies.

I guess you're disappointed that he didn't take your advice and go in there unilaterally guns blazing, so now you'd be able to flip flop and accuse him of starting another war.

The complaints were that we never stated a clear mission to justify our involvement. And we didn't. We also did not clearly state our objectives for being there. Are we supposed to just blindly follow the government or are they not accountable to us?

Time and time again; I see this talking point; that Obama is keeping us out of war. This is used as some sort of contrast between Romney and Obama. One big f'ing problem. We're still in Afghanistan for all of his term and we're still doing drone attacks all over the Middle East.

Are Obama supporters even claiming this? It's so demonstrably false (Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen, etc...) that I can't see anybody making this claim.

They claim it all the time when they suggest that Romney is a war mongerer and paint Obama as some sort of pacifist.

Time and time again; I see this talking point; that Obama is keeping us out of war. This is used as some sort of contrast between Romney and Obama. One big f'ing problem. We're still in Afghanistan for all of his term and we're still doing drone attacks all over the Middle East.

They claim it all the time when they suggest that Romney is a war mongerer and paint Obama as some sort of pacifist.

your lies dont make it true.

Robmoney is the one who calls Russia our enemy and wants to bomb iran.

please try to keep your memes straight

I haven't seen it explicitly claimed, however. Except by Truthmatters in this thread, of course. However, I do agree that Obama is once again implicitly being portrayed as the so-called "peace candidate," but that's merely relative to Romney I think.

Forum List

Back