Libs vs. Cons: Attempts to silence free speech

AvgDoucher said:
I wish we didn't have state run media that we currently have and I'd propose replacing it with... more tightly restricted state run media.
So, it's okay to totally misrepresent and distort what people say here on USMB? You must be a reporter with the NYT or Daily Kos . Pretty low-down and dirty of you, Manifold.

I just don't think we should give special rights and privileges to entities that lie and distort the truth. The Press should be on the side of the Truth which is the side of the People, not a political party nor the government. Those who abuse it should have their 1st Amendment right revoked.

That's my opinion and I have my 1st amendment right to it.

I never said I supported the government control the media. I wish we didn't have State Run Media here in the United States like we do now.

So your solution to the "State-Run Media" is to remove the protections that media has from the first amendment?

I'd ask you to back up your claims of "State-Run Media" - but I won't even bother. The fact that you even made the statement shows you're beyond hope.
Just look at the 8 years of Bush. Nothing he did was right according to the liberal press. The lied and distorted. Look at the election of Obama; 99% favorable coverage and for McCain, 1% favorable. No wonder he won the presidency. We gave the Press the Right to print whatever it wants so it could hold our "leaders" feet to the fire. It's supposed to be the voice for the People, the watch dogs. They're lapdogs for the government. They don't deserve the protection of the 1st amendment anymore.

5652.strip.gif

So your solution to the "State-Run Media" is to remove the protections that media has from the first amendment?

I'd ask you to back up your claims of "State-Run Media" - but I won't even bother. The fact that you even made the statement shows you're beyond hope.
Just look at the 8 years of Bush. Nothing he did was right according to the liberal press. The lied and distorted. Look at the election of Obama; 99% favorable coverage and for McCain, 1% favorable. No wonder he won the presidency. We gave the Press the Right to print whatever it wants so it could hold our "leaders" feet to the fire. It's supposed to be the voice for the People, the watch dogs. They're lapdogs for the government. They don't deserve the protection of the 1st amendment anymore.

5652.strip.gif
Of course 99 to 1 is a distortion, but the real numbers are pretty much just as bad. The main stream media was peeing down it's leg over Obama and everyone knows it. McCain was portrayed as a grumpy old goat.

Gotta ask:

Who still deserves the protection, IYO?

Of course 99 to 1 is a distortion, but the real numbers are pretty much just as bad. The main stream media was peeing down it's leg over Obama and everyone knows it. McCain was portrayed as a grumpy old goat.

couldn't possibly have had anything to do with his piss poor campaign? it was all about attacks on Obama for the most part.

couldn't possibly have had anything to do with his piss poor campaign? it was all about attacks on Obama for the most part.

More like McCain obstructed the attacks on Obama and Threatened all concerned, what planet are You from?

Rinata.... that diaper is getting pretty rank, change it already.

Oh, grow the hell up. I know my post bothers you or you would not have responded in the usual childish manner that you Repulsives, teabagheads, and convoluted, are so famous for.

I think You might be confusing me with Anderson Cooper, He's the Tea Bagger. You are the Drama Queen Aren't You?

AvgDoucher said:
I wish we didn't have state run media that we currently have and I'd propose replacing it with... more tightly restricted state run media.
So, it's okay to totally misrepresent and distort what people say here on USMB? You must be a reporter with the NYT or Daily Kos . Pretty low-down and dirty of you, Manifold.

Why would you automatically assume AvgDoucher is a parody of you? :eusa_whistle:

Gotta ask:

Who still deserves the protection, IYO?

Well?

I never said I supported the government control the media. I wish we didn't have State Run Media here in the United States like we do now.

Because you and Rush say so? Son, that's not how American constitutional government wroks.

5652.strip.gif

Prove it. Show me numbers, not opinions.

Rinata.... that diaper is getting pretty rank, change it already.

Oh, grow the hell up. I know my post bothers you or you would not have responded in the usual childish manner that you Repulsives, teabagheads, and convoluted, are so famous for.

I think You might be confusing me with Anderson Cooper, He's the Tea Bagger. You are the Drama Queen Aren't You?

Hell, no. I have never been a drama queen. And I would never confuse you with Anderson. He is a really good guy and no baghead.

FactCheck.org identified 26 lies pertaining to the House health care bill back in August. I think the right lies constantly. That stupid Sara Palin kept preaching about death panels when she knew it wasn't true.

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

Some more Sara Palin lies during the canpaign:

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

You cannot trust a word she says. On anything.

The Twelve Lies Of Sarah Palin - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

The thread is about silencing freedom of speech. Exactly how fucking stupid can one poster be?

FactCheck.org identified 26 lies pertaining to the House health care bill back in August. I think the right lies constantly. That stupid Sara Palin kept preaching about death panels when she knew it wasn't true.

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

Some more Sara Palin lies during the canpaign:

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

You cannot trust a word she says. On anything.

The Twelve Lies Of Sarah Palin - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

The thread is about silencing freedom of speech. Exactly how fucking stupid can one poster be?

Yes, I know that. I was showing that there is a difference between telling lies and free speech. And the right does not seem to get that. They have to constantly whine about the left trying to take away their right of free speech. It's the lying that's the problem.

You could have just asked me, wthout the language.

In Truth, the difference between Free Speech and Lies, is the one is sometimes the result of the other. Your platform is what You make it. It seems that Sarah was cleared of the accusations against Her at great expense. Perspective is a funny thing when pointing fingers, isn't it? Sort of like Human Nature. If only Obama had half of the Integrity as Sarah We would be set, Huh.

In Truth, the difference between Free Speech and Lies, is the one is sometimes the result of the other. Your platform is what You make it. It seems that Sarah was cleared of the accusations against Her at great expense. Perspective is a funny thing when pointing fingers, isn't it? Sort of like Human Nature. If only Obama had half of the Integrity as Sarah We would be set, Huh.

Oh, spare me. Palin lies like a friggin rug. If Obama had her lack of integrity I would have to disown him. Where do you get these ideas?? Do they come to you in a dream or something???

Oh, spare me. Palin lies like a friggin rug. If Obama had her lack of integrity I would have to disown him. Where do you get these ideas?? Do they come to you in a dream or something???

We'll talk more when You come out of denial.

Forum List

Back