Libs think smokers need much more persecution

Smokes and then sodas and certain foods and probably coffee next ..... only heaven knows what will they persecute next... Big Brother is well and truly with us. :mad:

You did not include flatulence. When a West Virginia DUI arrestee was charged with farting in officer's face. "While being fingerprinted, Cruz allegedly 'lifted his leg and passed gas loudly on Ptlm. Parsons. The defendant then fanned the air with his hand in front of his rear onto' the cop. 'The gas,' the complaint notes, 'was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Ptlm. Parsons.' In addition to the DUI count, Cruz was also charged with battery on a police officer for the farting incident.":lol:

Cop Hit In Gas Attack

Sometimes the law just stinks.

Smokes and then sodas and certain foods and probably coffee next ..... only heaven knows what will they persecute next... Big Brother is well and truly with us. :mad:

You'll take my espresso maker from my cold dead hands.

"Persecuting" smokers is one of the best things our society has ever done

E-cigs. Problem solved.

They are being banned left and right because they have lots of enemies. The nicotine nazis, the cigarette companies, the cigarette cessession companies, etc...

Not in NE Ohio, they're all over the place.
Can you use them in bars?

Several states have banned them not only in bars, but it's illegal to have them.

Even if htey aren't made illegal, what's the point of them mif you can't use them anywhere?

Anyone ever wonder how much is costs to treat lung cancer? Emphasema(sp)?

Why can't the tobacco companies pay for the health care costs associated with tobacca addiction?

Why should people that don't smoke have to bear increasing insurance costs for a entirely preventalbe illness like lung cancer?

Why can't the tobacco companies pay for the health care costs associated with tobacca addiction?

Why should people that don't smoke have to bear increasing insurance costs for a entirely preventalbe illness like lung cancer?

The taxes on cigarettes more than covers the health costs. It's much more expensive to be obese.

Also the cost of lung cancer doesn't nearly cost as much as people living longer and needing assisted living for years.

Why should they? No one is forcing anyone to smoke cigarettes.

And in case you haven't noticed smokers do pay higher premiums.

Controlling other people's lives is never a good thing.

Smacking smokers around and putting them in their place was a major step forward for our society. I grew up in a time when smokers ruled. They smoked wherever and whenever they felt like it. When they were done, they threw the butt on the ground and said....somebody pick that up
They exhaled and smiled as they said.......breathe my filth
Our clothes and hair reeked of their filth and they sneered....I'll smoke anywhere I damned want to

Poor, poor persecuted smokers

Why should they? No one is forcing anyone to smoke cigarettes.

And in case you haven't noticed smokers do pay higher premiums.

Why should they you ask. Well how about the fact that they knowingly sell a product that addicts and kills.

If tobacco were just discoverd today, with its posions and addictive properites, guess what, it would either be well regulated or outlawed.

However, what I intended to say was that the tobacco companies should raise their prices to the point where they could pay for smokers health issues. That way, in fact the smoker would be paying for his/her own addiction and treatment.

Why the hell should I pay for it through increased premiums for ever increasing health care costs. Build the health care costs into the product.

Then the people that choose not to smoke are not somewhat forced to cover the health care of people that choose to smoke.

If that won't work, then refuse to offer medical treatment to smokers. You want to cut health care costs or not? You want to cut smoking rates. Tell a smoker no health care for your smoking related illness.

You don't want to tell people they can't smoke. Yet you know smoking causes severe illness, then you want everybody else to share in the health care costs of people that choose to kill themselves through smoking.

That don't make sense. Oh wait, I know, it's a Capitalist thingy. Don't make a capitalist company responsible for their product. It ain't very American to do that.

Smacking smokers around and putting them in their place was a major step forward for our society. I grew up in a time when smokers ruled. They smoked wherever and whenever they felt like it. When they were done, they threw the butt on the ground and said....somebody pick that up
Our clothes and hair reeked of their filth and they sneered....I'll smoke anywhere I damned want to

If they litter ticket them for littering. I see a lot of people throwing their trash in the streets. ticket them too.

It's none of your business if a person wants to smoke in the privacy of their own home or vehicle for that matter.

The alleged "dangers" of second hand smoke are an absolute crock.

You can dispute scientists? Go ahead.

CDC - Fact Sheet - Secondhand Smoke Facts - Smoking & Tobacco Use

Science means nothing to rw's but why should innocent people (including CHILDREN!) be forced to inhale it?

Even if second-hand were not dangerous, why should non-smokers be forced to stink as bad as smokers?

In luddlyworld, only the right smokes.

Sounds like you would like to gas them, rw.

Forum List

Back