Liberty or Fascism

Would you break with the establishment and vote 3rd party for freedom if you KNEW vot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, you are withdrawing your consent to be governed. This is not a minority, or majority rules. You can not consent to something tacitly. Except perhaps slavery, robbery or violence.

You most certainly consent by your silence or inaction. Most certainly do. A great many things.

Yes, to being enslaved, robbed or to violence. You do not consent to be governed by dropping out of the process knowing that you have no voice in it. And, I'm not in the habit of taking your word for what I consent to. Or any other wanna-be dictator for that matter.

Only someone who has no idea how things work would believe they have no voice.

You CHOOSE to not use your voice, or are too stupid to know how to use it.

Americans are too stupid to do anything but vote blue donkey or red elephant. ?
Well, to be fair, half of eligible voters don't even show up....And that's not counting those who aren't even registered.

Don't know if I'd count them amongst the stupid.

So what does this tell us about representative governance?

If approx. 1/3 of the population is making a decision for the entire country, is it safe to say that representative government, and the democratic process, is a failure?
I would say that is not entirely true. One of the central reasons that so few vote is because we have been so successful. Ever wonder why the voting in the third world hits amazing percentages? Because life there sucks and when things suck, people care enough to pay attention. Unfortunately, when things are good and people are fat and happy; they neglect their duties.

Unfortunately for us all, when you neglect your charge it often falls apart…

I get a kick out of LGS and bripat suggesting they are liberty loving. Far from that, they instead, if they had power, would have the great majority do what their small minority would enforce.

I get a kick out of LGS and bripat suggesting they are liberty loving. Far from that, they instead, if they had power, would have the great majority do what their small minority would enforce.

You would get a kick out of free gubmint dentures so what's your point you old kooky geeze?

You most certainly consent by your silence or inaction. Most certainly do. A great many things.

Yes, to being enslaved, robbed or to violence. You do not consent to be governed by dropping out of the process knowing that you have no voice in it. And, I'm not in the habit of taking your word for what I consent to. Or any other wanna-be dictator for that matter.

Only someone who has no idea how things work would believe they have no voice.

You CHOOSE to not use your voice, or are too stupid to know how to use it.

I already know my voice does not count. KNOW it, because it has been tried and it is true.

I CHOOSE not to participate in this process because I do not consent, not because I'm stupid or of the lack of know how.

You obviously do not understand the difference between compliance and consent.

:lol: Personal attacks merely reveal the weakness of your position, LGS.

You are big government statist on the abortion issue, so, please, don't pretend you are a Liberty Party fan.

If you don't vote, you are consenting to what everyone else decides for you.

No, you are withdrawing your consent to be governed. This is not a minority, or majority rules. You can not consent to something tacitly. Except perhaps slavery, robbery or violence.

That's the attitude of the looter.

No one can withdraw their consent to be governed in a constitutional republic of We the People.

:lol: Personal attacks merely reveal the weakness of your position, LGS.

You are big government statist on the abortion issue, so, please, don't pretend you are a Liberty Party fan.

Actually, I'm not.. I am unequivocally pro-life but I don't support the government enforcing my view. I support TRUE CHOICE.. Leave it to the people to decide. Which do you support?

Well, to be fair, half of eligible voters don't even show up....And that's not counting those who aren't even registered.

If approx. 1/3 of the population is making a decision for the entire country, is it safe to say that representative government, and the democratic process, is a failure?
I would say that is not entirely true. One of the central reasons that so few vote is because we have been so successful. Ever wonder why the voting in the third world hits amazing percentages? Because life there sucks and when things suck, people care enough to pay attention. Unfortunately, when things are good and people are fat and happy; they neglect their duties.

So in other words, you agree that representational govnernance and the democratic process is a failure.

I don't know that you can prove that so few vote because we're doing so well, but I'd beg to differ. Most of the folks I know that do not participate, do not because they understand that their voice means nothing in the process. If we can elect representatives with only a fraction of the citizenry voting and then call the one with the most votes the winner, the process is a failure.

It could go right down to 100K people that vote and because 60% of that 100k chose a "leader" or "representative", the state would declare a winner and keep moving without skipping a beat. That's what i mean by the process is a failure. I'd be willing to bet if there was even less of a turn out, a leader would still be chosen.

Last edited:

Or maybe the 1/2 of voters who don't show know that they really have no honest choice, so going through the whole fan dance would be a waste of their time.

We've seen how far the left will drive toward a Fascist society. Are republicans willing to hand them that power for another election cycle? Will there be anything left of America which resembles a Republic were they to happen? This poll is for those who truly support LIBERTY.

Would you break with the establishment and vote 3rd party for freedom if you KNEW voting the same two party system would be the end of the Republic as we know it? ie freedom..

Yes, if I knew for certain that the next leftist administration would enforce Marxist ideology/ Fascism which would result in the Constitution (Bill of Rights- the 1st 10 amendments for you leftist dummies who haven't a clue) being suspended, aborted.

No, I will continue to vote for the two party system.

Marxism and Fascism are two completely different things and oppose each other...just saying. This doesn't make sense :eusa_eh:

Of course it doesn't.

It's a rant.

Sit back and enjoy.

I guess Bush was a leftist....anyways I vote 3rd party anyways....in 2 presidential elections both times I voted 3rd party...voted Republican for governor few years back...that was just to keep a pro murdering baby candidate from winning which I did.

The framers believed that the different political opinions would cancel each other out, so they made no provisions for political parties. The irony is that political parties began to form over that very document that made no provisions.
With our form of government the framers created, third parties stand little chance of being elected so we usually have a choice between just two parties, which means we find one more to our liking than the other.
Third parties are usually built around a "great idea" or "great man". If a new party is created because of a great idea, that idea is quickly grabbed by one of the major parties.

Forum List

Back