Libertarian presidential candidate mounts pro-peace television commercial campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
tpahl said:
And actually terrorists have more power when we give them recruitment material (such as the invasion of iraq, troops in saudi arabia, financial support to isreal, invasion of afghanistan, support of saddam hussien, financial support to egypt, overthrowing the government in Iran to install the shah, support of Pakistans Leader (who came to power in a military coup), troops in the philipines, etc...) Take all this away and what do terrorists have to recruit people to fly planes into our buildings? Nothing.

The Koran and intolerance for infidels.

Kathianne said:
With the exception of Turkey, tell me a strong Islamicist country that has anything to trade? The people are held down too much to produce much of anything. These are not regimes begging for a change to trade... :tinfoil:

Uhhh oil?

You need more coffee
:teeth:

JIHADTHIS said:
Uhhh oil?

You need more coffee
:teeth:

Yeah, but they wouldn't be without us, 'sticking our noses in' early in the 20th C.

You're right, I do need more coffee! Where's my bialy?

DKSuddeth said:
Iraqi's had the opportunity for 12 years and did nothing out of fear. Afghani's had the same opportunity and fear kept them from any progression. To see a current example of what I talk about, look at Iran.

And that is unfortunate. But in both Iraq and Afghanistan, we helped the oppresive regimes get in power. So when the people looked at their crappy position, who do you think they were upset with? As for Iran, although their government is opposed to us, we are again responsible. Their government was much more democratic 50-60 years ago before we got involved. We overthrew tehir government and installed our own. He was not well liked and that led to the revolution in 79 that led to an even worse government. Had we stayed out to begin with they would have been another country like turkey with a muslim majority yet a democratic peaceful government.

You're not reading. You CAN'T have free trade with a nation that supports terrorists that already hate the US and western interests and you CAN'T rely on an oppressed people to rise up against a tyrannical despot who has little qualms about killing his/her own citizens.

I am reading. You are not understannding what free trade means. Free trade means that there are o restrictions on trade, not that people will trade. If people decide not to trade with a certain place because of terrorists threats, that is fine. That does not mean there is not free trade. Second once you get rid of our interventionist military policy you have elliminated most all anti american terrorists anger with the US. lastly, if the people do not rise up against the terrorists, that is fine as well. we still would have far less terrorists than we do right now with our policy of war to end terrorism. If a few are left in some small pockets of the world, so be it. They will not have any resources to do anything against us.

Travis

Travis, look around a bit. You are the one blinded by your choices. Once again you are 'blaming America' for causing the attacks. Read some of the other threads, none of the posters, including myself, are so wedded to a party or individual that we do not see shortcomings. You either don't, see the problems, or are so committed to 'selling Badnarik' that you are being dishonest.

tpahl said:
Isolating ourselves is a bad idea. Badnarik is not supporting that. He supports free trade with all. We would be trading and making every country in the world better through free trade of products, services, and ideas. The only thing we would not be doing is putting our troops all around the world invading countries every few years.

How much free trade do you expect when the leader of said nation refuses to allow trade with america?

tpahl said:
And actually terrorists have more power when we give them recruitment material (such as the invasion of iraq, troops in saudi arabia, financial support to isreal, invasion of afghanistan, support of saddam hussien, financial support to egypt, overthrowing the government in Iran to install the shah, support of Pakistans Leader (who came to power in a military coup), troops in the philipines, etc...) Take all this away and what do terrorists have to recruit people to fly planes into our buildings? Nothing.

continued poverty, oppression, tyranny, and a desire to do something for allah even though its a sham by a sadistic but charismatic psychopath like bin laden. but I guess those are inconsequential in your utopian but implausible plan and view.

Kathianne said:
With the exception of Turkey, tell me a strong Islamicist country that has anything to trade? The people are held down too much to produce much of anything. These are not regimes begging for a change to trade... :tinfoil:

There are not many free islamic countries to begin with BECAUSE we have been supporting dictators off and on in most all the countries50 years.

But they all have something to trade, if the government wants to stop the people from producing, that is unfortunate, but not our problem. We should still keep trade open waiting for the day when they do trade. I bet we could still do alot of trade without their government even knowing.

travis

tpahl said:
There are not many free islamic countries to begin with BECAUSE we have been supporting dictators off and on in most all the countries50 years.

But they all have something to trade, if the government wants to stop the people from producing, that is unfortunate, but not our problem. We should still keep trade open waiting for the day when they do trade. I bet we could still do alot of trade without their government even knowing.

travis

See my last post.

tpahl said:

we're now changing that, aren't we.

tpahl said:

travis

so you're 'free trade' is really called black market. :wtf:

DKSuddeth said:
How much free trade do you expect when the leader of said nation refuses to allow trade with america?

Probably not much, but I am sure that if our government did not try and stop it we could still smuggle alot of goods and services with the people of any such country without their government knowing.

How long do you think a leader of a nation would refuse to trade with a country with an ecomny the size of ours?

continued poverty, oppression, tyranny, and a desire to do something for allah even though its a sham by a sadistic but charismatic psychopath like bin laden. but I guess those are inconsequential in your utopian but implausible plan and view.

That makes no sense. Why would they want to attack the US because they are poor? We would be wanting to trade with them and make them richer. They would not be poor because of us. And Bin Laden is not crazy. He is a evil, but not crazy. He has given his reasons for wanting to attack the US. They are ...

1. US troops in Saudi Arabia
2. US finiancial support of Isreal
3. Us Embargo of Irraq.

Yet for some reason you think that if we stop sending our troops everywhere, stop making entangling alliances, and continue to not trade with impovished nations, terrorism will wither away.

Travis

DKSuddeth said:
we're now changing that, aren't we.

We will see. I have my doubts. We have installed governments in the past and rarely have they been ones that i would call liberty oriented.

so you're 'free trade' is really called black market. :wtf:

A black market is what a free market is called when the government bans it.

Travis

As DK said, now you are proposing to have the US run a black market! That will look great!

tpahl said:
Probably not much, but I am sure that if our government did not try and stop it we could still smuggle alot of goods and services with the people of any such country without their government knowing.

How long do you think a leader of a nation would refuse to trade with a country with an ecomny the size of ours?

That makes no sense.

Now here we get really wacky! You make the assumption, for the nth time, that they have anything but oil to trade. That the regimes are going to let them start capitalistic ventures.
Why would they want to attack the US because they are poor? We would be wanting to trade with them and make them richer. They would not be poor because of us.

Finally something we agree with!
And Bin Laden is not crazy. He is a evil, but not crazy.

So we don't need oil. We let the rats take over Israel, guess the Iraqis have lost the sanctions. :tinfoil:
He has given his reasons for wanting to attack the US. They are ...

3. Us Embargo of Irraq.

Yet for some reason you think that if we stop sending our troops everywhere, stop making entangling alliances, and continue to not trade with impovished nations, terrorism will wither away.

Travis[/QUOTE]

tpahl said:

brilliant plan. :cuckoo:

tpahl said:

you're being ridiculous

tpahl said:
That makes no sense. Why would they want to attack the US because they are poor?

for the same reason they attack us now. They need to believe that someone is responsible for their plight and its much safer for their families to blame the US instead of their tyrannical leaders.

tpahl said:

Travis

no, that would be what YOU are saying.

Kathianne said:
As DK said, now you are proposing to have the US run a black market! That will look great!

Looks great to all the people in the country living in poverty. But yes I admit it would look bad to the dictators of the world that are trying to oppress people. i forget, who are we trying to appease again?

Now here we get really wacky! You make the assumption, for the nth time, that they have anything but oil to trade. That the regimes are going to let them start capitalistic ventures.

They may. They may not. That is out of our control. All I am saying is we stop invading countries and instead trade with them as much as we can. If other countries government want to cooperate, that is great and they will probalby see that it is in their best interest, but if they do not, then we will probably end up trading alot less and with them. In either case they will be attacking us with planes in the sky alot less.

He has given his reasons for wanting to attack the US. They are ...

3. Us Embargo of Irraq.
I'm sure the terrorist attacks would stop after we did that. :bs1:

Hate to say this Travis, you are now coming to be a Badnarik supporting Bullypulpit.

You have just cherry picked what you think will be clever responses. You have failed to respond to the posts that I had made nad another poster made.

tpahl said:
Looks great to all the people in the country living in poverty. But yes I admit it would look bad to the dictators of the world that are trying to oppress people. i forget, who are we trying to appease again?

Thats just plain stupid. Why would an already oppressed people risk prison or death to deal in a black market when they can do free trade in a free government?

tpahl said:
They may. They may not. That is out of our control. All I am saying is we stop invading countries and instead trade with them as much as we can. If other countries government want to cooperate, that is great and they will probalby see that it is in their best interest, but if they do not, then we will probably end up trading alot less and with them. In either case they will be attacking us with planes in the sky alot less.

:cuckoo: If you are the quintessential libertarian viewpoint then I'm certainly glad not many people know of Badnarik.

DKSuddeth said:
brilliant plan.

Free Trade? Well I can not take credit for it. It has been around for a few hundred years now.

you're being ridiculous

Supporting free trade is ridicolous now? Wow! I thought most of you were republicans. I thought republicans supported free trade. Or is it the idea that other nations might want to trade with the largest economy in the world that you find ridiculous?

for the same reason they attack us now.

1. troops in saudi arabia
2. finiancial support of isreal
3. embargo of iraq.

Those were the reasons. We have responded by sending troops to afghanistan and iraq, continuing to support isreal, and taking over the economy of iraq.

They need to believe that someone is responsible for their plight and its much safer for their families to blame the US instead of their tyrannical leaders.

It is not just safer, but easy for their government to convince them that it is not the governments fault but in fact the evil americans. If we elected Badnarik, the evil governments would not be able to use such excuses anymore.

Travis

no, that would be what YOU are saying.[/QUOTE]

DKSuddeth said:
Thats just plain stupid. Why would an already oppressed people risk prison or death to deal in a black market when they can do free trade in a free government?

Their options are not free trade or black market trade. It is often black market trade or death.

If you are the quintessential libertarian viewpoint then I'm certainly glad not many people know of Badnarik.

I am sure you are. If more people knew of Badnarik you would have a harder time argueing Bushs failed policies.

Although I am probably giving you more credit than you deserve. Your arguement so far has basically amounted to 'your crazy' 'your cookoo' . I have yet to see any logic behind your assertions that more troops and less trade will somehow result in less terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back