Badnarik supports ending prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpahl

Jun 7, 2004
Cascadia
Yes prohibition is back in effect. After it failed the first time, big governemtn politicians have brought it back this time prohibiting different drugs. it has failed just like last time, but politicians are afraid to admit it.

Badnarik, the Libertarian presidential candidate is not afraid.

http://www.badnarik.org/Issues/MedicalMarijuana.php

In the 2000 campaign for president, George W. Bush said that the federal government should not interfere with the medical marijuana policies of the several states. Like so many other promises, he went back on his word and has closed down medical marijuana facilities permitted by state governments.

There was a great NR article about this. Between 30-45% of Americans support legalization of marijuana, and about 2/3rds support decriminalization (i.e. fines for possession instead of jail time). I fully support legalization myself... but the issue is #27 on my Top Ten list. I am going to vote for the presidential candidate that will protect America from terrorism - and that candidate is George W. Bush.

gop_jeff said:
There was a great NR article about this. Between 30-45% of Americans support legalization of marijuana, and about 2/3rds support decriminalization (i.e. fines for possession instead of jail time). I fully support legalization myself... but the issue is #27 on my Top Ten list. I am going to vote for the presidential candidate that will protect America from terrorism - and that candidate is George W. Bush.

Exactly what I've been saying for weeks now! Thanks Jeff! I'll take a chance with my assault weapons too, for the next 4 years. :D

The assault weapons ban is going to die on September 13th, because they are not going to renew it. To suggest otherwise is sophomoric.

gop_jeff said:

The war on drugs is the number one cause of crime in this nation. That alone should bump it up from #27 to at least top ten.

I plan on voting for a presidential candidate that will create an enviroment where there is no need to protect america from terrorism because people will have nothing to be upset with the US enough to want to become a terrorists in the first place. I would never vote for a president that wants to keep hitting the bees nest. That candidate is Badnarik.

Travis

tpahl said:
The war on drugs is the number one cause of crime in this nation. That alone should bump it up from #27 to at least top ten.

I plan on voting for a presidential candidate that will create an enviroment where there is no need to protect america from terrorism because people will have nothing to be upset with the US enough to want to become a terrorists in the first place. I would never vote for a president that wants to keep hitting the bees nest. That candidate is Badnarik.

Travis

You've made it plain, 9/11 was our fault, both you and Badnarik concur with that.

gop_jeff said:
The assault weapons ban is going to die on September 13th, because they are not going to renew it. To suggest otherwise is sophomoric.

It may not be renewed, but that is against GW Bush's wishes.

"The president supports extending the ban but believes fundamentally that we should be supporting the gun laws that are on the books," said Terry Holt, a Bush campaign spokesman. To that end, the president has budgeted money for additional prosecutors to crack down on gun violators, Holt said.
source: http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/election2004/9275768.htm

Bush not only wants the assualt weapons ban renewed, he supports all the other gun laws on the books. The ONLY gun law that badnarik supports is the law against shooting innocent people. The rest are unconstitutional. Any 2nd amendment supporter should seriously reconsider when if they are planning on voting for Bush.

Travis Pahl

Kathianne said:
You've made it plain, 9/11 was our fault, both you and Badnarik concur with that.

9/11 was not our fault. I have not said that. All i have said is that the policies Bush suports guarantees that another 9/11 event will happen.

Travis

JIHADTHIS said:
If there is no supply, eventually there will be no demand...........

That MAY be so. But there is no way to stop the supply. Unless it is something like oil where there is a limited amount on earth, we will always have more. The harder we try to stop drugs from being produced the higher the profit will be to produce them.

besides, it is not the federal governments job to decide who puts what in their body or who grows what on their farm in South America. The constitution makes that point very clear.

Travis

tpahl said:
9/11 was not our fault. I have not said that. All i have said is that the policies Bush suports guarantees that another 9/11 event will happen.

Travis

Yes, but you implied it, for yourself and more directly to Badnarik:

I plan on voting for a presidential candidate that will create an enviroment where there is no need to protect america from terrorism because people will have nothing to be upset with the US enough to want to become a terrorists in the first place.

tpahl said:
or who grows what on their farm in South America. The constitution makes that point very clear.

Travis

BINGO! I don't care what they grow on their farms and who they sell it to. If we had a real interdiction policy, you could turn off the tap. Hence the US market would close.

Kathianne said:
Yes, but you implied it, for yourself and more directly to Badnarik:

Take from it what you will, but I think my quote is fairly clear. I apologize if anyone thinks that I am implying that Bush is at fault for 9/11. He is not. But his policies allow for the same to happen again.

It is kinda like a parent leaving every weekend leaving their teenagers home alone. If the teenager decides to have a party one weekend, ultimately it is the teenagers fault, but the parents actions made the scenerio a likley one. If the parent keeps doing the same thing, then the parent is not too bright.

Bushs policy will result in more terrorists wanting to attack us and Bush having to do more to 'protect' us.

Badnariks policy will result in less terrorists wanting to attack us to begin with.

Travis

JIHADTHIS said:
BINGO! I don't care what they grow on their farms and who they sell it to. If we had a real interdiction policy, you could turn off the tap. Hence the US market would close.

So I am taking it you meant to say if there was no demand then there would be no supply? Is that right? You said the opposite before.

Anyways it is also not the governments job to try and stop demand. That is the job of parents, and private organizations.

Travis

tpahl said:
Take from it what you will, but I think my quote is fairly clear. I apologize if anyone thinks that I am implying that Bush is at fault for 9/11. He is not. But his policies allow for the same to happen again.

It is kinda like a parent leaving every weekend leaving their teenagers home alone. If the teenager decides to have a party one weekend, ultimately it is the teenagers fault, but the parents actions made the scenerio a likley one. If the parent keeps doing the same thing, then the parent is not too bright.

Bushs policy will result in more terrorists wanting to attack us and Bush having to do more to 'protect' us.

Badnariks policy will result in less terrorists wanting to attack us to begin with.

Travis

Whoa, I never said Bush. You're correct, your post was clear, as mine were. You are saying:
I plan on voting for a presidential candidate that will create an enviroment where there is no need to protect america from terrorism because people will have nothing to be upset with the US enough to want to become a terrorists in the first place.
Meaning that the US created the environment for 9/11, since we, as a country, were involved with other countries. Very, very clear.

tpahl said:
So I am taking it you meant to say if there was no demand then there would be no supply? Is that right? You said the opposite before.

Anyways it is also not the governments job to try and stop demand. That is the job of parents, and private organizations.

Travis

The reverese! If their is no supply, the demand goes away. Take the product off the market. This would lead to no demand in the end.

JIHADTHIS said:
The reverese! If their is no supply, the demand goes away. Take the product off the market. This would lead to no demand in the end.
That is what we have been trying to do for 50 years. It will never work because you can not take the product off the market. The harder you try the higher the profit is to bring the product to the market. The higher the profit the more people will risk to try and get the produt to the market.

And once again, i remind you, the federal governments job is not to decide what people buy/sell, grow, or put into their bodies.

Travis

tpahl said:
That is what we have been trying to do for 50 years. It will never work because you can not take the product off the market. The harder you try the higher the profit is to bring the product to the market. The higher the profit the more people will risk to try and get the produt to the market.

And once again, i remind you, the federal governments job is not to decide what people buy/sell, grow, or put into their bodies.

Travis

After that twisting of my words and false apology, are you going to answer?

tpahl said:

Travis

We have not tried to seriously take the product off the market. The "war on drugs" is a joke at best......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back