With Blinders On? Bush Campaign Writes Off Libertarian Candidate

tpahl

Jun 7, 2004
Cascadia
http://www.badnarik.org/PressRoom/archive.php?p=800

"This is a race between the president of the United States and John Kerry," Bush spokesman Danny Diaz told the Santa Fe New Mexican on Wednesday when asked about the prospects of Libertarian presidential
candidate Michael Badnarik, "and voters will make their decision between those two candidates."

Typical reaction -- but not so fast, say Badnarik staffers.

"Our candidate was at 5% in New Mexico last week," says campaign manager Fred Collins, referring to a recent Rasmussen poll of the state. "Now he's visiting the state and advertising. He will be the decisive factor in New Mexico -- and other states -- come election day."

you really are dreaming. Bush is going to win in an landslide of atleat 58% of the vote.

there are plenty of candidates to choose from but at the moment its all about the last 2. We all ready know which 2. Thats pretty much how we like it here.
everyone else is idealist.

I must say though 2008 I will be pushing a constitutionalist.

RAGE said:
there are plenty of candidates to choose from but at the moment its all about the last 2. We all ready know which 2. Thats pretty much how we like it here.

How do you know who you are pushing before their are candidates?

tpahl said:
"Our candidate was at 5% in New Mexico last week," says campaign manager Fred Collins, referring to a recent Rasmussen poll of the state.[/url]

Yeah, the Rasmussen poll that was commissioned by Badnarik and does not include Nader.

I sent Badnarik a donation, but since I don't use zip codes I don't think he'll get it. :eek:

you really are dreaming. Bush is going to win in an landslide of atleat 58% of the vote.

Maybe he will. But as 2000 showed us, popular vote is not what is important. What is important is electoral votes. And because of that battleground states are important and according to some recent polls Badnarik is going to play a key role.

RAGE said:

Looks like Bush is not the only one with blinders on. You can pretend there is only 2 candidates, but like it or not, other people will be chosing one not on your list of two. And these people are going to make a difference in which of the two will win.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Yeah, the Rasmussen poll that was commissioned by Badnarik and does not include Nader.

I sent Badnarik a donation, but since I don't use zip codes I don't think he'll get it. :eek:

It did not include nader because nader is not going to be on the ballot in very many states. That seems like a reasonable choice to make.

And do not worry, mail still gets where it needs to ogo without a zip code.

tpahl said:
It did not include nader because nader is not going to be on the ballot in very many states. That seems like a reasonable choice to make.

And do not worry, mail still gets where it needs to ogo without a zip code.

The deadline to get on the ballot in New Mexico isn't until September, so Nader might still be on it.

You try mailing something without a zip code and see how far it gets.

tpahl said:
And these people are going to make a difference in which of the two will win.

Right. That's the limit of what they would achieve, so they should intelligently factor in who's vote they will steal and cause to lose, thus, which candidate will ACTUALLY benefit from their run for office. Since this is the dynamic at play, any national defense minded american who votes for badnarik or another wacko (petrouka, too)should realize that in a very real and substantive way they're only helping Kerry.

Wise up, Third party dreamers!

Jimmyeatworld said:
The deadline to get on the ballot in New Mexico isn't until September, so Nader might still be on it.

You try mailing something without a zip code and see how far it gets.

Yeah, he might get on. Badanarik WILL get on. And i have mailed many things without zip codes. It is a pain to look them up so sometimes I just send without. Never had a problem. It is duplicate information, you can not have two identical addresses only differeing in zip codes. Therefore it can and is still delivered. You probably piss of a postal emplyee which i suppose is kinda dangerous thing to do, but it will still get delivered. And BTW, Badnarik does use zip codes when mailing things. But if that is the best you have to attack him with, go right ahead and keep it up.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right. That's the limit of what they would achieve, so they should intelligently factor in who's vote they will steal and cause to lose, thus, which candidate will ACTUALLY benefit from their run for office. Since this is the dynamic at play, any national defense minded american who votes for badnarik or another wacko (petrouka, too)should realize that in a very real and substantive way they're only helping Kerry.

Wise up, Third party dreamers!

If all you think about is the extreme short term, then yes. But if you think past this january and look at what a strong badnarik showing will do to the major parties and who they decide to run 4 years from now for president or even next year in the senate or house, or state legislatures, ect... you will begin to see that it is worth it to vote for who you beleive in. The two major parties will learn they can not take your vote for granted and will begin selecting candiates that are more libertarian and less authoritarian.

tpahl said:
Badnarik does use zip codes when mailing things.

Woah. He does? He sounds a little bit too firmly entrenched in the establishment for my renegade tastes! Zip codes are part of the problem, man!

:teeth:

tpahl said:
If all you think about is the extreme short term, then yes. But if you think past this january and look at what a strong badnarik showing will do to the major parties and who they decide to run 4 years from now for president or even next year in the senate or house, or state legislatures, ect... you will begin to see that it is worth it to vote for who you beleive in. The two major parties will learn they can not take your vote for granted and will begin selecting candiates that are more libertarian and less authoritarian.

Your boy better be careful---a glib independent might steal all of his 3rd party thunder!

tpahl said:
Yeah, he might get on. Badanarik WILL get on. And i have mailed many things without zip codes. It is a pain to look them up so sometimes I just send without. Never had a problem. It is duplicate information, you can not have two identical addresses only differeing in zip codes. Therefore it can and is still delivered. You probably piss of a postal emplyee which i suppose is kinda dangerous thing to do, but it will still get delivered. And BTW, Badnarik does use zip codes when mailing things. But if that is the best you have to attack him with, go right ahead and keep it up.

First of all, I'm not "attacking" him. I'm well aware of Badnarik's fear of zip codes, which was the point, it was a joke.

Speaking of the best you can do, is this the best YOU can do? Provide numbers from a poll that was COMMISSIONED BY BADNARIK to show he has a whopping 5% in New Mexico (when all other polls show him hovering around 1%)?

Go right ahead. Keep it up.

tpahl said:

Maybe 10 years ago you could have convinced me of this. Now it is not valid. Right now the extreme short term consists of fighting a world war on terror, and is overlooked at you own peril. Kerry at the helm now is not worth the message it might send to republican leadership about their platform. Finger it out for yourself. Taint worth it.

Jimmyeatworld said:
First of all, I'm not "attacking" him. I'm well aware of Badnarik's fear of zip codes, which was the point, it was a joke.

That is the point, he is not afraid of zip codes. He just does not like them.

Speaking of the best you can do, is this the best YOU can do? Provide numbers from a poll that was COMMISSIONED BY BADNARIK to show he has a whopping 5% in New Mexico (when all other polls show him hovering around 1%)?

Go right ahead. Keep it up.

I have shown others not commissioned by him where he is well above 1% as well. And if he was not excluded from polls Badnarik would not have to commision them. But they are still just as valid as other polls.

rtwngAvngr said:
Maybe 10 years ago you could have convinced me of this. Now it is not valid. Right now the extreme short term consists of fighting a world war on terror, and is overlooked at you own peril. Kerry at the helm now is not worth the message it might send to republican leadership about their platform. Finger it out for yourself. Taint worth it.
Kerry supports all the things Bush does in the war on terror. The only critisism he has is that it is being run by a republican.

tpahl said:
Kerry supports all the things Bush does in the war on terror. The only critisism he has is that it is being run by a republican.

http://www.badnarik.org/Issues/IraqWar.php

Military Policy and the War in Iraq
The War in Iraq is a failure, and the U.S. government should never have waged it. As your president, one of my first tasks will be to begin the orderly process of bringing our troops home as quickly as can safely be accomplished.

More and more Americans are coming to oppose the war, the war hawks and high government officials are beginning to distance themselves from the president, and the U.S. seems more willing than ever to pull out of Iraq.

But this is not enough. We need to learn how this disaster happened, so we can prevent future disasters from happening.

First, allow me to dispel a myth. People in the Middle East do not hate us for our freedom. They do not hate us for our lifestyle. They hate us because we have spent many years attempting to force them to emulate our lifestyle.

The U.S. government has meddled in the affairs of the Middle East far too long, always with horrendous results. It overthrew the democratically elected leader of Iran and replaced him with the Shah. After making Iranians the enemies of Americans, the U.S. government gave weapons, intelligence and money to Iran's mortal adversary, Saddam Hussein. The U.S. government also helped Libyan Col. Qaddafi come to power, propped up the Saudi monarchy and the Egyptian regime, and gave assistance to Osama bin Laden.

Most Americans have forgotten these events. But the people of the Middle East will always remember.

It was because of American troops in Saudi Arabia, lethal sanctions on Iraq, support for states in serious violation of International Law, and siding with Israel in its dispute with the Palestinians to the tune of more than $3 billion per year in taxpayers' funds that terrorist leaders were able to recruit those individuals who caused 3,000 Americans to pay the ultimate price on September 11, 2001.

The proper response would have been to present the evidence as to who committed the heinous act both to Congress and to the people, and have Congress authorize the president to track down the individuals actually responsible, doing everything possible to avoid inflicting harm on innocents.

A Libertarian president would not have sent the military trampling about the world, racking up a death count in the thousands, wasting tax money on destroying and re-building infrastructure, creating more enemies, and doing the kinds of things that led to 9/11 in the first place.

We cannot undo history, unfortunately.

The U.S. government has never succeeded in establishing freedom and democracy in any of its foreign adventures in the last fifty years. Freedom and democracy are blessings any people must establish for themselves.

Here at home, war leads to a decline in civil liberties, higher taxes, and wartime economic measures that blur the line between business and state, allowing politically favored corporations to profit at the expense of taxpayers.

Libertarians understand the importance of adhering to the Constitution, because it is designed to limit the power of the state here and abroad. And we especially understand the danger of war, which expands the power of the government far beyond its constitutional limits.

The founders of this country knew that war should not be initiated at the president's whim, and so the constitutional authority to wage war rests with Congress.

James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare. . ."

In short, a libertarian foreign policy is one of national defense, and not international offense. It would protect our country, not police the world.

I'm Michael Badnarik, Libertarian for President. I ask the tough questions---to give you answers that really work!

tpahl said:

Really, it depends on when you ask him and who you are and what he thinks you want to hear. His "gain respect for america" is code for "sell out to the u.n." and you know it.

If he supported bush in the war on terror he would be consistently for america, the troops, would've supported the 87 billion dollars etc. He's a flip flopping, characterless, cretinesque, playboy, megalomaniac liar. Very bad for america.

New Topics

Forum List

Back