Liberals Reach New Low: 'Texans DESERVE Harvey Disaster Because They Voted For Trump'

Do you know that he is becoming my president finally? I don't cringe anymore when I hear President Trump. How many years did it take you to be able to say president Obama?
President Obama was ALWAYS my President, from Day 1. I did not always like his policies or agree with what he did, but I never claimed he was 'not my President'. As my Commander and Chief I followed every order he gave without question., and not once did I ever want a military coup or for him to be assassinated.

When all but one Texas Republican voted no during Sandy, what fucking possible reason could you give me for helping their constituents.

Did those bastards get voted out of office? Nope. Texans didn't care much that their politicians voted no to helping victims of Sandy. So the citizens are little eichmans. Look it up.

As always, the Progressives here twist the truth to fit their agenda. The FACT of the matter is that the "Financial Aid" bill was LOADED WITH PORK, items totally unrelated to Sandy.

Well lets look at the 'Facts'

Analysis | Ted Cruz’s claim that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill ‘had nothing to do with Sandy’

“The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.”
— Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), interview with NBC’s Katy Tur, Aug. 28, 2017

The Congressional Research Service issued a comprehensive report on the provisions, and it’s clear that virtually all of it was related to the damage caused by Sandy. There may have been some pork in an earlier Senate version, but many of those items were removed before final passage. There were also some items that appear to have been misunderstood.

Ryan, for instance, referred in a statement to “non-Sandy expenses,” such as “sand dunes at the Kennedy Space Center, highway repairs in the Virgin Islands, and roof repairs in Washington, D.C.” But Sandy was a storm that stretched far beyond New Jersey and New York as it raced up from the Caribbean.

The Smithsonian Institution suffered roof leaks from heavy winds and torrential rain, resulting in a $2 million request. The shoreline near Launch Pads 39A and B at the Kennedy Space Center also suffered major erosion, leaving the ocean less than a quarter-mile away, so $15 million was added to deal with that problem and repair a NASA facility on Wallops Island in Virginia that also was damaged by Sandy. We couldn’t find a line-item for Virgin Islands highway funding, so it appears to have been relatively minor.

The bill did wrap in some other 2012 disaster funding, including disasters that had been declared over Alaska Chinook salmon, New England groundfish, Mississippi fisheries and American Samoa bottomfish. Those are the fisheries that the Cornyn spokesman referenced — but they were disaster declarations. So one would think it would make sense to include relief in a disaster bill.

Some lawmakers complained about $100 million in funding for Head Start, but that was limited to facilities that had been damaged in New Jersey and New York.

This being Congress, one of course can find some eyebrow-raising provisions. In particular, there was $16 billion for the account that funds Community Development Block Grants, which were aimed at Sandy relief but also could be used for eligible disaster events in calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013. So the main focus was Sandy, but the money could be moved to assist other disaster relief efforts over a three-year period.

Still, it’s all related to disaster relief.

The bill also included tribal and state clean water and pollution mitigation grants ($600 million), funds to improve weather forecasting ($25 million), and upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration aircraft ($44.5 million). Those provisions were intended to prevent future disasters but arguably were not related to Sandy. But that’s less than 2 percent of the total.

You don't follow along too well... Probably because you RELY on "fact-checkers" rather than doing any research.

Congress LIES all the time. Because they Purposely confuse bills that "evolve" thru several votes and committees. Originally proposed by OBAMA as $69Bill worth of MOSTLY pork..
Your "fact checkers" make all dolts look like the kid cheating off his neighbor during a test.. MAJORITY of the original proposed funding was NOT Sandy relief.. It got whittled from $60Bill to $9.7Bill -- So your deceitful fact-checkers just ignored the "facts" to make you look stupid...

Ted Cruz has claimed that the bill he voted against was 70% pork. You offer comments on the original bill- not the bill Cruz voted against.

You didn't even try to dispute the facts of the $50 billion dollar bill that Cruz voted against.

Analysis | Ted Cruz’s claim that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill ‘had nothing to do with Sandy’

“The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.”

The Congressional Research Service issued a comprehensive report on the provisions, and it’s clear that virtually all of it was related to the damage caused by Sandy. There may have been some pork in an earlier Senate version, but many of those items were removed before final passage. There were also some items that appear to have been misunderstood.

Ryan, for instance, referred in a statement to “non-Sandy expenses,” such as “sand dunes at the Kennedy Space Center, highway repairs in the Virgin Islands, and roof repairs in Washington, D.C.” But Sandy was a storm that stretched far beyond New Jersey and New York as it raced up from the Caribbean.

The Smithsonian Institution suffered roof leaks from heavy winds and torrential rain, resulting in a $2 million request. The shoreline near Launch Pads 39A and B at the Kennedy Space Center also suffered major erosion, leaving the ocean less than a quarter-mile away, so $15 million was added to deal with that problem and repair a NASA facility on Wallops Island in Virginia that also was damaged by Sandy. We couldn’t find a line-item for Virgin Islands highway funding, so it appears to have been relatively minor.

The bill did wrap in some other 2012 disaster funding, including disasters that had been declared over Alaska Chinook salmon, New England groundfish, Mississippi fisheries and American Samoa bottomfish. Those are the fisheries that the Cornyn spokesman referenced — but they were disaster declarations. So one would think it would make sense to include relief in a disaster bill.

Some lawmakers complained about $100 million in funding for Head Start, but that was limited to facilities that had been damaged in New Jersey and New York.

This being Congress, one of course can find some eyebrow-raising provisions. In particular, there was $16 billion for the account that funds Community Development Block Grants, which were aimed at Sandy relief but also could be used for eligible disaster events in calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013. So the main focus was Sandy, but the money could be moved to assist other disaster relief efforts over a three-year period.

The bill also included tribal and state clean water and pollution mitigation grants ($600 million), funds to improve weather forecasting ($25 million), and upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration aircraft ($44.5 million). Those provisions were intended to prevent future disasters but arguably were not related to Sandy. But that’s less than 2 percent of the total.

You have a hard time turning reading/learning into actual comprehension... Read the NBC quote...

That's referring to the ORIGINAL DOOMED Pork roll. It was actually closer to $60Bill. The approved Sandy Bill (way too late to be effective) was cut to $9Bill. THAT'S what all the arguing was about. Ted Cruz was ABSOLUTELY 100% correct about the original proposal that STALLED in Congress......

As always, the Progressives here twist the truth to fit their agenda. The FACT of the matter is that the "Financial Aid" bill was LOADED WITH PORK, items totally unrelated to Sandy.

You don't follow along too well... Probably because you RELY on "fact-checkers" rather than doing any research.

Congress LIES all the time. Because they Purposely confuse bills that "evolve" thru several votes and committees. Originally proposed by OBAMA as $69Bill worth of MOSTLY pork..

http://nypost.com/2012/12/15/obama-...th-holiday-goodies-unrelated-to-storm-damage/

WASHINGTON — President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies for federal agencies and even the state of Alaska, The Post has learned.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

web_help-525x373.jpg

THANKS to Repub opposition like Ted Cruz and others --- this then got pared down to about a $12Bill bill which STILL INCLUDED projects unrelated to Sandy. And FINALLY ended up as a "Sandy Only" bill to FINALLY get the relief money. MONTHS of time expired to fix this. And the snapping poodles on both sides of your tribal conflict can find ANYTHING THEY WANT to quote as fact to keep fighting over this. Including those biased, partisan, shit-headed "fact-checkers" of yours. They just SELECTIVELY QUOTE and do shady "condensing" of the time line and events.

Fact is -- that relief for Sandy WAS delayed months because Obama and Dems used it as an opportunity to load up the 2nd Stimulus bill that they never got...

More from the Obama proposed "Sandy" bill..

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

Your "fact checkers" make all dolts look like the kid cheating off his neighbor during a test.. MAJORITY of the original proposed funding was NOT Sandy relief.. It got whittled from $60Bill to $9.7Bill -- So your deceitful fact-checkers just ignored the "facts" to make you look stupid...

lol, you ridicule factcheckers and then provide your own 'factcheckers'.

Goddam that's funny.
all related to disaster relief and repubs played politics F them and F texas ,,A New Yorker

Funny to watch you dense partisan puppets try to ignore the facts. Truely is. That's how you REMAIN dense....

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

And money for Alaskan Fisheries???? Read the list -- educate yourselves, go blame your "fact checkers" --- not me or the ole meany Repubs.

ha ha ha!! You should have proof read the bullshit you just posted. When your list labels something as "wasteful" then I know it's not an official list of things.

Where is your link?

The Daily Wire is an American conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro. He currently serves as editor-in-chief; Michael Knowles is managing editor.

That's where i found your garbage.

And don't just take their word for it. What was the wasteful spending on? Or do you just assume politicians are telling you the truth as long as they have a R after their name?

97 percent of scientists say it is no hoax. Only Republicans still deny it

That 97 percent thing has been debunked for so long I'd have expected far, far left Progressives like yourself to have given up trying to shove that one past anyone. So, you're that desperate?

Actually, it hasn't

No legitimate scientist believes climate change is a myth....Only Republicans

Actually it has. In order to have a "consensus" -- you have to have a SPECIFIC question. And the question in the case of the 97% survey (which was fatally flawed in methodology anyways) was a general question. Like -- Is the Planet warming and does CO2 and man play a role in that warming.

I believe that statement is true. So there probably IS some kind of "consensus" on that PARTICULAR question.

But your problem is that CATASTROPHIC AGW, like was advertised in the 1980s,, is a WHOLE BUNCH of important questions. Like what will be the MAGNITUDE of that warming, and how MUCH is due to CO2 and man. NONE of the more IMPORTANT claims of GW are tested or broached by ONE FUCKING QUESTION. It doesn't answer what the temperature will be in 2100. It doesn't say there's a consensus on "trigger temperatures", or runaway GW, or whether "feedbacks" dominate as net negative or positive.

So with ONE simple question -- any "consensus" is horseshit and meaningless when compared to the scope of the science REQUIRED to make any political/societal planning or mitigation..

The 97% thingy is pure noise and smoke.. There IS NO 97% consensus on the OTHER 80 or 100 vital questions. Look for instance at the series of polls by Bray and von Storch. Over 70 to 100 questions asked about 3 different times over 10 or 12 years.

Consensus is a big deal, even with a broad question
We live in a country where our own President still claims it is a myth. Where the head of the EPA claims global warming does not exist. Where government scientists are not even allowed to mention it in their studies

Global warming IS occurring. The models and projections can be argued, the fact that man is contributing should not still be up for discussion

Do you know that he is becoming my president finally? I don't cringe anymore when I hear President Trump. How many years did it take you to be able to say president Obama?
President Obama was ALWAYS my President, from Day 1. I did not always like his policies or agree with what he did, but I never claimed he was 'not my President'. As my Commander and chief I followed every order he gave without question., and not once did I ever want a military coup or for him to be assassinated.
And I'm just playing politics. Since when has everyone become a snowflake right?

Since when has everyone become a snowflake right?
Ask the Democratic Party. As I pointed out a while back, 'snowflakes' is a term created by DEMOCRATS to describe DEMOCRATS who are 'easily offended' and / or who 'can not accept reality'.

President Obama was ALWAYS my President, from Day 1. I did not always like his policies or agree with what he did, but I never claimed he was 'not my President'. As my Commander and Chief I followed every order he gave without question., and not once did I ever want a military coup or for him to be assassinated.
Very nice but too bad millions of other republicans didn't feel the same way

http://nypost.com/2012/12/15/obama-...th-holiday-goodies-unrelated-to-storm-damage/

WASHINGTON — President Obama’s $60.4 billion request for Hurricane Sandy relief has morphed into a huge Christmas stocking of goodies for federal agencies and even the state of Alaska, The Post has learned.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

web_help-525x373.jpg

THANKS to Repub opposition like Ted Cruz and others --- this then got pared down to about a $12Bill bill which STILL INCLUDED projects unrelated to Sandy. And FINALLY ended up as a "Sandy Only" bill to FINALLY get the relief money. MONTHS of time expired to fix this. And the snapping poodles on both sides of your tribal conflict can find ANYTHING THEY WANT to quote as fact to keep fighting over this. Including those biased, partisan, shit-headed "fact-checkers" of yours. They just SELECTIVELY QUOTE and do shady "condensing" of the time line and events.

Fact is -- that relief for Sandy WAS delayed months because Obama and Dems used it as an opportunity to load up the 2nd Stimulus bill that they never got...

Goddam that's funny.
all related to disaster relief and repubs played politics F them and F texas ,,A New Yorker

Funny to watch you dense partisan puppets try to ignore the facts. Truely is. That's how you REMAIN dense....

And money for Alaskan Fisheries???? Read the list -- educate yourselves, go blame your "fact checkers" --- not me or the ole meany Repubs.

ha ha ha!! You should have proof read the bullshit you just posted. When your list labels something as "wasteful" then I know it's not an official list of things.

Where is your link?

The Daily Wire is an American conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro. He currently serves as editor-in-chief; Michael Knowles is managing editor.

And don't just take their word for it. What was the wasteful spending on? Or do you just assume politicians are telling you the truth as long as they have a R after their name?

You need a helper animal.. The link I gave was NY Post. You can find the debate as the Pork roast was sliced from $60Billl to $9Bill in any number of sources. It HAPPENED. THat's the history of the conflict over the 10lbs of shit in a 1lb bag "stimulus" that Obama and the Dems tried to slide in while folks were desperately trying to recover from a storm..

That 97 percent thing has been debunked for so long I'd have expected far, far left Progressives like yourself to have given up trying to shove that one past anyone. So, you're that desperate?

Actually, it hasn't

Actually it has. In order to have a "consensus" -- you have to have a SPECIFIC question. And the question in the case of the 97% survey (which was fatally flawed in methodology anyways) was a general question. Like -- Is the Planet warming and does CO2 and man play a role in that warming.

I believe that statement is true. So there probably IS some kind of "consensus" on that PARTICULAR question.

But your problem is that CATASTROPHIC AGW, like was advertised in the 1980s,, is a WHOLE BUNCH of important questions. Like what will be the MAGNITUDE of that warming, and how MUCH is due to CO2 and man. NONE of the more IMPORTANT claims of GW are tested or broached by ONE FUCKING QUESTION. It doesn't answer what the temperature will be in 2100. It doesn't say there's a consensus on "trigger temperatures", or runaway GW, or whether "feedbacks" dominate as net negative or positive.

So with ONE simple question -- any "consensus" is horseshit and meaningless when compared to the scope of the science REQUIRED to make any political/societal planning or mitigation..

The 97% thingy is pure noise and smoke.. There IS NO 97% consensus on the OTHER 80 or 100 vital questions. Look for instance at the series of polls by Bray and von Storch. Over 70 to 100 questions asked about 3 different times over 10 or 12 years.

We live in a country where our own President still claims it is a myth. Where the head of the EPA claims global warming does not exist. Where government scientists are not even allowed to mention it in their studies

Global warming IS occurring. The models and projections can be argued, the fact that man is contributing should not still be up for discussion

There is not ONE "broad question" that covers the MAGNITUDE or PREDICTIONS made for GW since the 1980s. Can't write it as ONE question.. That's a disservice to the complexity of the science and research. And it's the kind of thing that the media and politicians ATTEMPT to push in lieu in of any productive DEBATE or discussion --- which was NEVER allowed to happened. The broad question says NOTHING about the temperature anomaly in 2100 or whether there is an unpassable 2DegC "trigger temp" -- beyond which this "junker of a Planet" would literally destroy itself. Says nothing about "oceans boiling" as CBS once reported for instance. It' was all a campaign of EXAGGERATION and fear..

I adhere generally to what's called the 97% question. Because to dismiss it as "a myth" would be denying atmospheric physics and the GreenHouse effect. BUT -- I dismiss as totally unproven, maybe even a bad myth most all of the CATASTROPHIC theories about accelerated, uncontrollable warming that are the MORE SALIENT points of the GW Scare.. To paraphrase Al Gore ----- "THEY PLAYED ON YOUR FEARS".....

Ask the Democratic Party. As I pointed out a while back, 'snowflakes' is a term created by DEMOCRATS to describe DEMOCRATS who are 'easily offended' and / or who 'can not accept reality'.
I have found 4 snowflakes in my office. 2 Republicans and 2 liberals. Funny now I notice if someone's a snowflake regardless of which party they are in.

At the god park I only found 1 snowflake and that was a democrat.

web_help-525x373.jpg

Goddam that's funny.

Where is your link?

You need a helper animal.. The link I gave was NY Post. You can find the debate as the Pork roast was sliced from $60Billl to $9Bill in any number of sources. It HAPPENED. THat's the history of the conflict over the 10lbs of shit in a 1lb bag "stimulus" that Obama and the Dems tried to slide in while folks were desperately trying to recover from a storm..

Do you think that was the first bill to ever have pork in it? I bet there's never been a bill with zero pork in it and that includes any bills the GOP pass this year. When they finally pass something that is.

THAT ^^^^ in my last post, and all the preliminary FAILED projections over 30 years is why your GW bandwagon is in a ditch. NONE of those exaggerations have manifested or been measured, and ALL of the "magic multipliers" and scary predictions have been revised WAY down.

It's "in a ditch" and totaled. No traction left in it....

I have found 4 snowflakes in my office. 2 Republicans and 2 liberals. Funny now I notice if someone's a snowflake regardless of which party they are in.
Then you are admittedly mis-using the term 'snowflake' and instead using your own definition.

Goddam that's funny.

Where is your link?

Do you think that was the first bill to ever have pork in it? I bet there's never been a bill with zero pork in it and that includes any bills the GOP pass this year. When they finally pass something that is.

OH !!! GREAT !!! ---- So if the Texas Relief bill is fully stuffed with meat by products, you're just gonna sit on your hands and STFU and tell us all --- "that's just the way it is".. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is why my political life is dedicated to helping both your dying parties to smoke an exhaust pipe..

:rock:

Actually, it hasn't

There is not ONE "broad question" that covers the MAGNITUDE or PREDICTIONS made for GW since the 1980s. Can't write it as ONE question.. That's a disservice to the complexity of the science and research. And it's the kind of thing that the media and politicians ATTEMPT to push in lieu in of any productive DEBATE or discussion --- which was NEVER allowed to happened. The broad question says NOTHING about the temperature anomaly in 2100 or whether there is an unpassable 2DegC "trigger temp" -- beyond which this "junker of a Planet" would literally destroy itself. Says nothing about "oceans boiling" as CBS once reported for instance. It' was all a campaign of EXAGGERATION and fear..

I adhere generally to what's called the 97% question. Because to dismiss it as "a myth" would be denying atmospheric physics and the GreenHouse effect. BUT -- I dismiss as totally unproven, maybe even a bad myth most all of the CATASTROPHIC theories about accelerated, uncontrollable warming that are the MORE SALIENT points of the GW Scare.. To paraphrase Al Gore ----- "THEY PLAYED ON YOUR FEARS".....

Again, I see the bigger issue the total denial by the Trump administration

I see Republicans moving through four phases

Phase 1.: Total denial of global warming (this is where the Trump administration is)

Phase 2: Admitting there is global warming but denying that man has anything to do with it (where most Republicans are)

Phase 3: Admitting that man is contributing, but since we can't agree on how much, we should wait for more studies before we take any action

Phase 4: Admitting there is serious man made global warming but claiming it is too late to do anything about it

Then you are admittedly mis-using the term 'snowflake' and instead using your own definition.
No. You can be a con snowflake or a lib snowflake.

And if I am then it's like how you guys tried to change the definition of fascism.

Which is of course why I call our President- President Snowflake- and his snowflake followers.

Actually, it hasn't

Again, I see the bigger issue the total denial by the Trump administration

I see Republicans moving through four phases

Phase 1.: Total denial of global warming (this is where the Trump administration is)

Phase 2: Admitting there is global warming but denying that man has anything to do with it (where most Republicans are)

Phase 3: Admitting that man is contributing, but since we can't agree on how much, we should wait for more studies before we take any action

Phase 4: Admitting there is serious man made global warming but claiming it is too late to do anything about it

Like I said, very few are stupid enough to deny atmos physics and the GreenHouse Effect. So CO2 is a factor. But mankind is charged with emissions that don't make sense. Like land use or domestic cattle. And NATURE puts 20 times the amount of new CO2 into the Atmos every year that man does.

The whole effect of CO2 in the Greenhouse is logarithmically bounded. Meaning that to get the same surface increase of 1degC again --- you need TWICE the amount of CO2 to get that "next degree". So it's nowhere near a linear "unbounded" effect.

I don't think Trump Admin is at Phase1. That's pure DenierVille. MOST serious skeptics are at PHase 3 -- but with some confidence the effects will be more like 1.2degC per Doubling of CO2.. And since we've not even DOUBLED CO2 since the beginning of the Indust Era -- it's a very safe bet that by 2100 -- we won't actually hit the FOLLOWING doubling of CO2 in the atmos.. Not with science and technology still advancing..

Last edited:
When all but one Texas Republican voted no during Sandy, what fucking possible reason could you give me for helping their constituents.

Did those bastards get voted out of office? Nope. Texans didn't care much that their politicians voted no to helping victims of Sandy. So the citizens are little eichmans. Look it up.

Ted Cruz has claimed that the bill he voted against was 70% pork. You offer comments on the original bill- not the bill Cruz voted against.

You didn't even try to dispute the facts of the $50 billion dollar bill that Cruz voted against.

You have a hard time turning reading/learning into actual comprehension... Read the NBC quote...

That's referring to the ORIGINAL DOOMED Pork roll. It was actually closer to $60Bill. The approved Sandy Bill (way too late to be effective) was cut to $9Bill. THAT'S what all the arguing was about. Ted Cruz was ABSOLUTELY 100% correct about the original proposal that STALLED in Congress......

Cruz was referring to the bill he voted against. The bill that was 69% related to Sandy.

Cruz, NBC News, Aug. 28: I and a number of others enthusiastically and emphatically supported hurricane relief for Sandy. Hurricane relief and disaster relief has been a vital federal role for a long, long time and it should continue. The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.

Cruz Wrong on Sandy Relief - FactCheck.org
We consulted a detailed report on the funding in the legislation by the Congressional Research Service in February 2013. We found that at least $35 billion of the $50.5 billion provided by the bill was related to Sandy — that’s 69 percent of the bill.

We identified nearly another $10 billion that was for mitigation efforts to limit damage from future storms. That left nearly $6 billion uncategorized, because it was either unclear whether all of the funds were specifically directed to Sandy-affected areas, or the money indeed went to other disaster efforts.

Forum List

Back