Professor fired over Harvey ‘instant karma’ tweet for Texas

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Saying something like this in the midst of so much misery isn't even acceptable by most on the far left.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/professor-fired-over-harvey-instant-karma-tweet-for-texas/

A Florida college fired a professor Tuesday for saying Hurricane Harvey was “karma” for Texas because it supported Donald Trump.

The University of Tampa sent sociology instructor Kenneth Story packing after his Twitter comment Sunday.

“We condemn the comments and the sentiment behind them, and understand the pain this irresponsible act has caused,” according to a university statement.

“Storey has been relieved of his duties at UT, and his classes will be covered by other sociology faculty.”

The university said Tampa is in the heart of hurricane country and knows full well the destructive power of Mother Nature.

“As Floridians, we are well aware of the destruction and suffering associated with tropical weather,” according to the university’s statement. “Our thoughts and prayers are with all impacted by Hurricane Harvey.”

Storey had tweeted: “I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”

He apologized Monday, although it turned out to be too little, too late to save his job.

“I deeply regret a statement I posted yesterday. I never meant to wish ill will upon any group,” he tweeted. “I hope all affected by Harvey recover quickly.”

Storey also apparently lost sight of the fact that the Lone Star State actually showed surprisingly strong support for Hillary Clinton this past November.

While Trump took Texas’ 38 electoral votes, 52 percent to 43 percent, the former first lady sliced nearly 7 percentage points of her party’s margin of loss in 2012.

It was the best Democratic presidential showing in Texas since her husband came within 5 points of Bob Dole in 1996.

Hillary Clinton won Harris County, which includes storm-ravaged Houston, 53.9 percent to 51.6 percent, over Trump in November.

Saying something like this in the midst of so much misery isn't even acceptable by most on the far left.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/professor-fired-over-harvey-instant-karma-tweet-for-texas/

A Florida college fired a professor Tuesday for saying Hurricane Harvey was “karma” for Texas because it supported Donald Trump.

The University of Tampa sent sociology instructor Kenneth Story packing after his Twitter comment Sunday.

“We condemn the comments and the sentiment behind them, and understand the pain this irresponsible act has caused,” according to a university statement.

“Storey has been relieved of his duties at UT, and his classes will be covered by other sociology faculty.”

The university said Tampa is in the heart of hurricane country and knows full well the destructive power of Mother Nature.

“As Floridians, we are well aware of the destruction and suffering associated with tropical weather,” according to the university’s statement. “Our thoughts and prayers are with all impacted by Hurricane Harvey.”

Storey had tweeted: “I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”

He apologized Monday, although it turned out to be too little, too late to save his job.

“I deeply regret a statement I posted yesterday. I never meant to wish ill will upon any group,” he tweeted. “I hope all affected by Harvey recover quickly.”

Storey also apparently lost sight of the fact that the Lone Star State actually showed surprisingly strong support for Hillary Clinton this past November.

While Trump took Texas’ 38 electoral votes, 52 percent to 43 percent, the former first lady sliced nearly 7 percentage points of her party’s margin of loss in 2012.

It was the best Democratic presidential showing in Texas since her husband came within 5 points of Bob Dole in 1996.

Hillary Clinton won Harris County, which includes storm-ravaged Houston, 53.9 percent to 51.6 percent, over Trump in November.
I bet a university hires him before Friday. They love idiots like that teaching young minds.

He might not have been fired if he didn't work for a Florida Univ. Florida takes hurricanes seriously.

War on free speech

War on free speech
Not all speech is free in rightwing world

It's rare that a lefty professor gets fired over saying hateful and racist things. BUT....

This is a tiny private college in Florida, not a public university.
Florida gets hit harder by hurricanes than Texas, so the lefty is inviting judgment on Florida.
Houston voted for Hillary, inviting judgement on Houston for voting for Hillary.

War on free speech
Not all speech is free in rightwing world

It's sure as hell not allowed in the leftwing world unless it confirms to the accepted liberal progessive doctrine.

New Topics

Forum List

Back