Liberals don't believe they hold "opinions." They believe that they are just "right."

Which one was the "complex answer"? :confused:

You can't tell because you are entrenched in your world view.

So help me out. Which one?

You clearly believe that if someone is liberal they will act and think a certain way. When faced with a liberal who does not fit your view of them, you do not react by questioning and re-thinking your belief. You instead react by lashing out at the liberal, as if it's his fault.

Ironically, this is exactly what scientific studies say would happen from someone with a conservative mind. You are proving them right while at the same time posting and attempting to defend an article that says they're wrong.

It's kind of humourous to watch.

Let's try you out: Do you think liberals care more about minorities and the poor than conservatives?
conservervatives give 30% more the poor than libbs in the same income bracket do !!
"Conservatives" as a group tend to be more religious and belong to Churches which require them to tithe.

Factor that out, and as I understand it, there is no difference.

I also said that critical self examination is alien to your kind, sorry but it cannot be taught, only learned.

First of all, you didn't answer my question. Do you see how your statement, "I question my beliefs more in a day that[sic] you have yours in a lifetime" is completely illogical?

Now, take a look at your statement, "critical self examination is alien to your kind" and then read the first post again. You seem to want to promote yourself as a real critical thinker, so give it a shot.

I am an extraordinarily critical thinker but this is not based on assumption or even ego, it is based on a rigorous, often compulsive, thought process that I have rarely seen in 12+ years of bumping heads with people such as yourself on these and other boards. I know how sloppy and assumptive conservative thinking is, I have seen it in action on the internet and in the real world of politics more than enough.

You can't be "an extraordinarily critical thinker" if you are unable to see the connection between your attitude (you provide more examples in your most recent post) and the point made in the opening post.

Do you always stake out positions out of pure ignorance?

No need to answer. That was rhetorical.

Care to support your position with evidence?

Wait a minute.

Are you saying evidence might exist, and that you have foolishly staked out a position in complete, abject ignorance, knowing nothing about what evidence may or may not exist. asshole?

I know the study people on your side commonly trot out as "evidence" of the claim you made, but the study doesn't really show what you claim it shows. If you have something to add to the discussion, I'll be glad to look at it. That doesn't make me an asshole, it makes me honest. Something you'd know nothing about.

I also said that critical self examination is alien to your kind, sorry but it cannot be taught, only learned.

First of all, you didn't answer my question. Do you see how your statement, "I question my beliefs more in a day that[sic] you have yours in a lifetime" is completely illogical?

Now, take a look at your statement, "critical self examination is alien to your kind" and then read the first post again. You seem to want to promote yourself as a real critical thinker, so give it a shot.

I am an extraordinarily critical thinker but this is not based on assumption or even ego, it is based on a rigorous, often compulsive, thought process that I have rarely seen in 12+ years of bumping heads with people such as yourself on these and other boards. I know how sloppy and assumptive conservative thinking is, I have seen it in action on the internet and in the real world of politics more than enough. Also I corrected my spelling several minutes before you decided to make light of it, no need to keep uselessly pointing it out.

I don't want you to correct your spelling, I want you to answer the question. Go ahead and include your most recent comment as well. Do you see how those statements are illogical? Come on now, this should be easy for "an extraordinarily critical thinker."

The New Phrenology | The Weekly Standard

Liberals don't believe in differences of opinions or varying approaches to problems. They must be absolutely certain that they are absolutely right or their world view crumbles. This is why they say stupid shit like, "conservatives are against abortion, but they hate babies!" because to their 'minds' only an embrace of liberal views and policies can possibly coincide with caring for people. They also say shit like, "show me what Republican policies have ever done anything for X or Y minorities!" as if the liberal assumption that people must only be considered as members of an aggrieved group and not as individuals is a given, and that only liberal policies could possibly be in the best interests of anyone (this is where the "voting against your own interests" canard comes in). A liberal never loses an election because the people just tended to agree with the ideas of the other side. It's always a "failure to make the people understand our positions." Every election a liberal loses was rigged, corrupt, stolen, etc. Every election a liberal wins is an example of democracy in action. They can't help but think this way, and wouldn't change if they could. They are just right, smart, and virtuous in all things - studies show!

It's not that conservatives "hate" babies, they just don't care about them. Feed the poor and they'll breed. Birth control is more humane. Seems conservatives can even overlook abortion for their political gains. And the chance to once again, terrorize the middle class.

Romney Pharmaceutical Chief’s Fundraiser Doesn’t Seem to Faze Pro-Lifers | Daily News | NCRegister.com

Care to support your position with evidence?

Wait a minute.

Are you saying evidence might exist, and that you have foolishly staked out a position in complete, abject ignorance, knowing nothing about what evidence may or may not exist. asshole?

I know the study people on your side commonly trot out as "evidence" of the claim you made.

So you really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

You clearly believe that if someone is liberal they will act and think a certain way. When faced with a liberal who does not fit your view of them, you do not react by questioning and re-thinking your belief. You instead react by lashing out at the liberal, as if it's his fault.

Ironically, this is exactly what scientific studies say would happen from someone with a conservative mind. You are proving them right while at the same time posting and attempting to defend an article that says they're wrong.

It's kind of humourous to watch.

My question was, which one of his responses were you referring to as the "complex" one? Try to focus.

Wait a minute.

I know the study people on your side commonly trot out as "evidence" of the claim you made.

So you really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

I'm not the one that keeps making claims without any evidence to support them.

conservervatives give 30% more the poor than libbs in the same income bracket do !!
"Conservatives" as a group tend to be more religious and belong to Churches which require them to tithe.

Who told you that?

LOL

Additionally, I believe Liberals tend to donate their time more than Conservatives.

And if you think I'm wrong, prove it.

Who told you that?

LOL

Additionally, I believe Liberals tend to donate their time more than Conservatives.

So tell us, 'Stupid,' what percentage of conservative giving should be factored out for 'required tithing'?

LOL

I supported my premise with several examples of things liberals repeat here very frequently. And I certainly haven't encountered any liberals on this thread who do not fit exactly what I laid out in the opening post, so your speculation about what I think and believe in response to one that doesn't cannot stand. Get it?

I'll do you a favor, whenever you speculate on what someone thinks, believes, or processes internally based not on their own words but on your assumptions you are going to run afoul of logic. That's a free one for ya. Don't mention it.

Did you read the article?

yes, and its fucking stupid.

See the problem is at one time you had people railing on and on about how Liberals where all about " It takes a village". Which any moron can figure out takes in other opinions and help in order to get things done.

Now we have the exact opposite here with your OP. You are trying to pass off the idea that liberals are narrow minded thinkers.

Honestly, if you want to find a racist/bigot just start talking to a liberal and you have a very good chance of finding one. The odd thing is they will never accept that they are racist or a bigot even when it is proven undoubtedly.

I honestly can't believe how racist most liberals are to be completely honest. Many Liberal people can and will sort people out by who they are based on, what a person skin color is, their voice, the way they dress or maybe even the car they drive. Many liberal minded people can actually guess your IQ, if you're a Republican it's very low even if that liberal has no higher education and the Republican has a phD and runs their own company.

I am an extraordinarily critical thinker but this is not based on assumption or even ego, it is based on a rigorous, often compulsive, thought process that I have rarely seen in 12+ years of bumping heads with people such as yourself on these and other boards. I know how sloppy and assumptive conservative thinking is, I have seen it in action on the internet and in the real world of politics more than enough.

You can't be "an extraordinarily critical thinker" if you are unable to see the connection between your attitude (you provide more examples in your most recent post) and the point made in the opening post.

That's because the OP is horseshit. If liberals sometimes seem as if they are way too self assured in the veracity of their opinions it is because the verified unvarnished truth has no opposing opinion other than horseshit. If even that sentence seemed too self assured to you it is because even now you are looking for a load of horseshit to futilely debunk it. There is no way you have subjected the load of urban myths and economic fables you call political beliefs to the harsh light of reality because you still cling to them as dogmatically as religious faith. Sorry did that seem to verify the horseshit OP? It's because that too is already among the horseshit you took on faith.

The New Phrenology | The Weekly Standard

Liberals don't believe in differences of opinions or varying approaches to problems. They must be absolutely certain that they are absolutely right or their world view crumbles. This is why they say stupid shit like, "conservatives are against abortion, but they hate babies!" because to their 'minds' only an embrace of liberal views and policies can possibly coincide with caring for people. They also say shit like, "show me what Republican policies have ever done anything for X or Y minorities!" as if the liberal assumption that people must only be considered as members of an aggrieved group and not as individuals is a given, and that only liberal policies could possibly be in the best interests of anyone (this is where the "voting against your own interests" canard comes in). A liberal never loses an election because the people just tended to agree with the ideas of the other side. It's always a "failure to make the people understand our positions." Every election a liberal loses was rigged, corrupt, stolen, etc. Every election a liberal wins is an example of democracy in action. They can't help but think this way, and wouldn't change if they could. They are just right, smart, and virtuous in all things - studies show!

It's not that conservatives "hate" babies, they just don't care about them.

Here's another example of exactly what I was talking about in the post you so helpfully quoted. I don't need to speculate or assume when liberals exhibit the very behavior described almost to a word.

Who told you that?

LOL

If you have made the above proposal it is up to you to support it. What is this, a logic-free zone today or something?

Forum List

Back