Liberalism saving America from archery

The bureaucrats in Hicksville, NY have crushed another small business with over regulations. All in a days work.
Hicksville archery center closes after 13 years amid new code requirements
Popular archery center closes after 13 years

The C&B Archery owner said the costs of town code compliance were more than the company could afford.
$100k for paving, stripes, lights, and signs. And for what?
They want them to have a paved parking lot with lights.

How horrible. Maybe if the idiots who own the place had done the necessary maintenance over the years they wouldn't be in a hole.

It's what the politicians want thats important. never forget that. Damned if it puts people out of business! it's their own fault for not having enough money to afford the regulations, and if they did have enough, they should probably be punished for that too.
100K sounds overly steep of a price, too bad the bureaucrats couldnt compromise, rather than shut down a business. This happens all over the US, which is one of the reasons Trump was elected.... not as you might think that half of America is racist. They dont want over regulation by idiots who know nothing about running a business and this is a shining example

Daphuck does this thread have to do with "Liberalism"?

Because, to the deranged conservative brain, anything that pisses them off (they are such SNOWFLAKES!) "MUST BE LIBERALS!"....

if it is raining....LIBERALS!

snowing.....LIBERALS.....

did their team lose?.....LIBERALS!

they can't beat their wives anymore??!?!?! FKN LIBERALS!

I hear dat. Yesterday Buttsoiler started yet another thread whining about "Liburruls". Turned out to be a rant about a frickin' TV show. :rofl:

The bureaucrats in Hicksville, NY have crushed another small business with over regulations. All in a days work.
Hicksville archery center closes after 13 years amid new code requirements
Popular archery center closes after 13 years

The C&B Archery owner said the costs of town code compliance were more than the company could afford.
$100k for paving, stripes, lights, and signs. And for what?

How horrible. Maybe if the idiots who own the place had done the necessary maintenance over the years they wouldn't be in a hole.
/——/ He said it was one citation after the other. Rather than chase him out of business, work with him. He wasn’t the owner, just leased the space. Let’s see you open a store and deal with it.
If he leases they are presenting the citations to the wrong party.
/——/ Wrong. The tenant must make the repairs and if they are fixed fixtures like the AC or paved parking lot, the landlord gets the improvement at no cost.

That's madness! It's not the tenant's property! They don't own it. It's up to the landlord to make sure that stuff's kept up. Believe me, I know, I've done it. Had to spend almost all my money on an AC before.
It's rare that you and I agree but in this case.....

/——/ He said it was one citation after the other. Rather than chase him out of business, work with him. He wasn’t the owner, just leased the space. Let’s see you open a store and deal with it.
/——/ Wrong. The tenant must make the repairs and if they are fixed fixtures like the AC or paved parking lot, the landlord gets the improvement at no cost.

That's madness! It's not the tenant's property! They don't own it. It's up to the landlord to make sure that stuff's kept up. Believe me, I know, I've done it. Had to spend almost all my money on an AC before.
/----/ There is no one size fits all. It depends on the lease. I worked for a sign company and the AC unit went out. The tenant had to come up with the money to repair it. To do so he had to fire two employees to save the money.

Know Who Owns Your Leasehold Improvements? Learn the Accounting and Tax Implications | Bader Martin
Then they need to learn to read/negotiate a decent lease.

It's rare that you and I agree but in this case.....

Hey, I've had to agree with Pogo before, too. It is what it is.
I'm just not into bullshittin'. (much) :tomato:

/----/ There is no one size fits all. It depends on the lease. I worked for a sign company and the AC unit went out. The tenant had to come up with the money to repair it. To do so he had to fire two employees to save the money.

Know Who Owns Your Leasehold Improvements? Learn the Accounting and Tax Implications | Bader Martin

I should get with these lease authors. :auiqs.jpg:

No seriously: That's slimy, IMO. Tenant maintains and makes improvements on property? Really? What's their incentive to do so?

I should get with these lease authors. :auiqs.jpg:

No seriously: That's slimy, IMO. Tenant maintains and makes improvements on property? Really? What's their incentive to do so?
I can't imagine anyone signing that

Forum List

Back