liberal hero FDR was a racist who made a bargain with Southern Whites to rip off black folks

C2JN_nnUAAA9b9L.jpg

You should get your information and evidence to the historians that will soon rate the presidents. I'm sure they know nothing of this information and evidence. If the historians rate FDR as they have since 1948 they will give FDR a high rating. Those historians think they know all about history wait till they see your evidence.

The democratic party alliance between urban norther dems and the racist southerns is not in dispute.

Johnson was the one that broke that alliance to go after the black vote.

What part of that do you disagree with?
Well first, some of the ccc camps were integrated, blacks and whites planting trees together, and even MacArthur approved the integration. Eleanor was the power behind the swinging of the black vote to the Democratic party. Did she do it because she was a Liberal, a Democrat of both? Did the blacks of FDR's four terms vote Democratic or Republican? For what party do they vote now?

You should get your information and evidence to the historians that will soon rate the presidents. I'm sure they know nothing of this information and evidence. If the historians rate FDR as they have since 1948 they will give FDR a high rating. Those historians think they know all about history wait till they see your evidence.

The democratic party alliance between urban norther dems and the racist southerns is not in dispute.

Johnson was the one that broke that alliance to go after the black vote.

What part of that do you disagree with?
Well first, some of the ccc camps were integrated, blacks and whites planting trees together, and even MacArthur approved the integration. Eleanor was the power behind the swinging of the black vote to the Democratic party. Did she do it because she was a Liberal, a Democrat of both? Did the blacks of FDR's four terms vote Democratic or Republican? For what party do they vote now?

Sorry, i don't see how that was a response to my post. Can you explain it to me?

FDR banned black reporters from White House press conferences. throughout his presidency, he continued Woodrow Wilson's segregation of the armed forces. some of FDR's closest allies in the Senate were racists like Hugo Black, Theodore Bilbo, James Byrnes, and Robert Sacamano.

listen to how Theodore Bilbo, the chairman of the Senate Committee on DC, talked: "you know folks, i run washington. i'm mayor there. some n****s came to see me one time to try to get the right to vote there. their leader was a smart n****. of course he was half white. i told him that the n**** would never vote in DC. Hell, if we'd give em the right to vote up there, half the n****s in the South will move into Washington and we'll have a black government"

FDR appointed two members of his racist cabal, James Byrnes and Hugo Black, to the Supreme Court. Hugo Black used to be in the fucking klan! he said..."FDR told me there was no reason for my worrying about having been a member of the KKK. he said some of his best friends and supporters were strong members of the organization"

when the New Deal happened, Southern Democrats demanded that a large share of the New Deal be steered toward the south and that blacks be excluded from the programs. FDR complied. New Deal programs like the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were segregated and gave the best jobs to whites. FDR also ensured that the two main occupations involving blacks (domestic and farm labor) were excluded from federal benefits. the grim consequence of FDR's diabolical pact with the racists was that millions of blacks were ineligible to receive Social Security, unemployment, and a big host of other benefits that were being offered to workers in every type of industry.

note: for those who are gonna say "where are the links?"... you can google this shit. so here's your source: www.google.com
Prog response: Er, um, well, that was before the Parties switched. FDR would be a Conservative today...or something. Let me ask Stats for my talking points

FDR banned black reporters from White House press conferences. throughout his presidency, he continued Woodrow Wilson's segregation of the armed forces. some of FDR's closest allies in the Senate were racists like Hugo Black, Theodore Bilbo, James Byrnes, and Robert Sacamano.

listen to how Theodore Bilbo, the chairman of the Senate Committee on DC, talked: "you know folks, i run washington. i'm mayor there. some n****s came to see me one time to try to get the right to vote there. their leader was a smart n****. of course he was half white. i told him that the n**** would never vote in DC. Hell, if we'd give em the right to vote up there, half the n****s in the South will move into Washington and we'll have a black government"

FDR appointed two members of his racist cabal, James Byrnes and Hugo Black, to the Supreme Court. Hugo Black used to be in the fucking klan! he said..."FDR told me there was no reason for my worrying about having been a member of the KKK. he said some of his best friends and supporters were strong members of the organization"

when the New Deal happened, Southern Democrats demanded that a large share of the New Deal be steered toward the south and that blacks be excluded from the programs. FDR complied. New Deal programs like the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were segregated and gave the best jobs to whites. FDR also ensured that the two main occupations involving blacks (domestic and farm labor) were excluded from federal benefits. the grim consequence of FDR's diabolical pact with the racists was that millions of blacks were ineligible to receive Social Security, unemployment, and a big host of other benefits that were being offered to workers in every type of industry.

note: for those who are gonna say "where are the links?"... you can google this shit. so here's your source: www.google.com
Prog response: Er, um, well, that was before the Parties switched. FDR would be a Conservative today...or something. Let me ask Stats for my talking points
FDR would still be a liberal today, and pushing for such things as universal medical care. The primary job of Liberalism is to keep moving the nation forward and the conservative job is to keep trying to stop the forward motion.

when the New Deal happened, Southern Democrats demanded that a large share of the New Deal be steered toward the south and that blacks be excluded from the programs. FDR complied. New Deal programs like the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were segregated and gave the best jobs to whites. FDR also ensured that the two main occupations involving blacks (domestic and farm labor) were excluded from federal benefits. the grim consequence of FDR's diabolical pact with the racists was that millions of blacks were ineligible to receive Social Security, unemployment, and a big host of other benefits that were being offered to workers in every type of industry........

Is this supposed to be news, or surprising to anyone? The scumbag fdr's rabid racism is well-known and well-documented.

Same old fallacy over and over and over...

Have you forwarded any evidence as yet, or just whine? And what is the fallacy; that historians that rate the presidents do not know their history as do message board posters?

when the New Deal happened, Southern Democrats demanded that a large share of the New Deal be steered toward the south and that blacks be excluded from the programs. FDR complied. New Deal programs like the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were segregated and gave the best jobs to whites. FDR also ensured that the two main occupations involving blacks (domestic and farm labor) were excluded from federal benefits. the grim consequence of FDR's diabolical pact with the racists was that millions of blacks were ineligible to receive Social Security, unemployment, and a big host of other benefits that were being offered to workers in every type of industry........

Is this supposed to be news, or surprising to anyone? The scumbag fdr's rabid racism is well-known and well-documented.
Some CCC camps were integrated and the army had to start integrating in 1944.
Did a majority of blacks vote for a Republican or for FDR?

FDR would still be a liberal today, and pushing for such things as universal medical care. The primary job of Liberalism is to keep moving the nation forward and the conservative job is to keep trying to stop the forward motion.

So racist, slave owner Dems back then, are racist Dems today.

Thank you

Thank you
And racist professional football and baseball owners were racists in the days of FDR, and are they still racists today? People change and many times it takes some enlightened leadership to spur the change.

Have you forwarded any evidence as yet, or just whine? And what is the fallacy; that historians that rate the presidents do not know their history as do message board posters?

You fall back on appeal to authority every time, despite being caught at it over and over. You do this because you are too stupid to learn, too shameless to understand how you demean yourself, and because you have absolutely no other way to try and justify your pathetic, hero-worshipping, nuthugging.

Thank you
And racist professional football and baseball owners were racists in the days of FDR, and are they still racists today? People change and many times it takes some enlightened leadership to spur the change.

The scumbag fdr sure as hell wasn't "enlightened leadership."

Thank you

So now you're the authority on enlightened leadership.

Thank you

So now you're the authority on enlightened leadership.

I know a scumbag like fdr sure as hell ain't it.

And day is night in reality america.

The Dem national party breaking with the racist Jim Crow South didn't happen till Johnson, long after FDR.

That's documented history.

And that is when the GOP embraced the racist Jim Crow South.
Quoting Martin Luther King:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Goldwater was a principled conservatives with real ideological issues with the 1964 Civil RIghts act.

It was not the GOP embracing racism or the KKK.
My how things have changed. The GOP certainly has embraced the KKK today.

The democrat party has been the party of racism going back to the Civil War. FDR was a racist who appointed a member of the KKK to the supreme court and Justice Black paid him back by writing the majority opinion that justified FDR's executive order that incarcerated American citizens without due process. JFK illegally tapped MLK's phone and LBJ was a racist who freely used the "N" word. The KKK was the muscle of the segregationist democrat party during the Civil Rights era.
No No-one is denying the racist history associated with the southern elements of the Democratic Party Racism has always been a core element of American life and really knows no partisan boundaries.

Republicans simply used Blacks and their labor potential for political and economical expediency. Blacks could be paid less or used as strike breakers.

I find it fascinating that republican racists would be so quick to condemn their racist counterparts in the democratic party.

The Dem national party breaking with the racist Jim Crow South didn't happen till Johnson, long after FDR.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Goldwater was a principled conservatives with real ideological issues with the 1964 Civil RIghts act.

That is a vile lie, and you are a vile asshole.

Fuck you.

That is a vile lie, and you are a vile asshole.

Fuck you.

Reality not suit you shoog?

You fall back on appeal to authority every time, despite being caught at it over and over. You do this because you are too stupid to learn, too shameless to understand how you demean yourself, and because you have absolutely no other way to try and justify your pathetic, hero-worshipping, nuthugging.

FDR still rated as America's best president by 238 of America's most noted historians. But a new survey will take place soon, and the noted historians will go over all the president's records again, so FDR may end up as America's worst president. Keep your fingers crossed.

Forum List

Back