liberal hero FDR was a racist who made a bargain with Southern Whites to rip off black folks

FDR banned black reporters from White House press conferences.

And Lincoln was a racist too.

Yet both FDR and Lincoln did great things.

Conservatives have never forgiven FDR for leading the United States to victory in WW2, for leading us out of the depression, or for Social Security or the GI Bill. Or for desegregating the war industry.
FDR and Lincoln killed more Americans then all other presidents combined. Nothing great about that.

You should get your information and evidence to the historians that will soon rate the presidents. I'm sure they know nothing of this information and evidence. If the historians rate FDR as they have since 1948 they will give FDR a high rating. Those historians think they know all about history wait till they see your evidence.

Same old fallacy over and over and over...

Have you forwarded any evidence as yet, or just whine? And what is the fallacy; that historians that rate the presidents do not know their history as do message board posters?

You fall back on appeal to authority every time, despite being caught at it over and over. You do this because you are too stupid to learn, too shameless to understand how you demean yourself, and because you have absolutely no other way to try and justify your pathetic, hero-worshipping, nuthugging.

FDR still rated as America's best president by 238 of America's most noted historians. ....

Same fallacy again.

You should get your information and evidence to the historians that will soon rate the presidents. I'm sure they know nothing of this information and evidence. If the historians rate FDR as they have since 1948 they will give FDR a high rating. Those historians think they know all about history wait till they see your evidence.

Same old fallacy over and over and over...

Have you forwarded any evidence as yet, or just whine? And what is the fallacy; that historians that rate the presidents do not know their history as do message board posters?
The evidence is overwhelming , but you have to be open to it.

And day is night in reality america.

The Dem national party breaking with the racist Jim Crow South didn't happen till Johnson, long after FDR.

That's documented history.

And that is when the GOP embraced the racist Jim Crow South.
Quoting Martin Luther King:

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Goldwater was a principled conservatives with real ideological issues with the 1964 Civil RIghts act.

It was not the GOP embracing racism or the KKK.
My how things have changed. The GOP certainly has embraced the KKK today.

That is a vile lie, and you are a vile asshole.

Fuck you.
Ignorance exhibited by fools, should not upset you.

And day is night in reality america.

The Dem national party breaking with the racist Jim Crow South didn't happen till Johnson, long after FDR.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Goldwater was a principled conservatives with real ideological issues with the 1964 Civil RIghts act.

Fuck you.
The TRUTH hurts doesn't it?

Fuck you.
Ignorance exhibited by fools, should not upset you.
It doesn't upset me... see how calm I am Even though I am a passenger on a Ship of gullible RW fools I keep my bearings in these rough political seas with my own moral compass. So, no matter the direction your ship of fools takes, I never lose sight of the course leading to liberty and equality for all.

FDR banned black reporters from White House press conferences.

And Lincoln was a racist too.

Yet both FDR and Lincoln did great things.

Conservatives have never forgiven FDR for leading the United States to victory in WW2, for leading us out of the depression, or for Social Security or the GI Bill. Or for desegregating the war industry.
FDR and Lincoln killed more Americans then all other presidents combined. Nothing great about that.

And the right wing still mourns the day that the United States was victorious in World War 2, and the Civil War.

You still won't forgive Lincoln for bringing about the end of slavery, or for FDR leading the United States to victory in World War 2.

Still pissed off that German is not the official language of North America.

Stupid little contards.

FDR banned black reporters from White House press conferences. throughout his presidency, he continued Woodrow Wilson's segregation of the armed forces. some of FDR's closest allies in the Senate were racists like Hugo Black, Theodore Bilbo, James Byrnes, and Robert Sacamano.

listen to how Theodore Bilbo, the chairman of the Senate Committee on DC, talked: "you know folks, i run washington. i'm mayor there. some n****s came to see me one time to try to get the right to vote there. their leader was a smart n****. of course he was half white. i told him that the n**** would never vote in DC. Hell, if we'd give em the right to vote up there, half the n****s in the South will move into Washington and we'll have a black government"

FDR appointed two members of his racist cabal, James Byrnes and Hugo Black, to the Supreme Court. Hugo Black used to be in the fucking klan! he said..."FDR told me there was no reason for my worrying about having been a member of the KKK. he said some of his best friends and supporters were strong members of the organization"

when the New Deal happened, Southern Democrats demanded that a large share of the New Deal be steered toward the south and that blacks be excluded from the programs. FDR complied. New Deal programs like the National Industrial Recovery Act and the Civilian Conservation Corps were segregated and gave the best jobs to whites. FDR also ensured that the two main occupations involving blacks (domestic and farm labor) were excluded from federal benefits. the grim consequence of FDR's diabolical pact with the racists was that millions of blacks were ineligible to receive Social Security, unemployment, and a big host of other benefits that were being offered to workers in every type of industry.

note: for those who are gonna say "where are the links?"... you can google this shit. so here's your source: www.google.com
Prog response: Er, um, well, that was before the Parties switched. FDR would be a Conservative today...or something. Let me ask Stats for my talking points
FDR would still be a liberal today, and pushing for such things as universal medical care. The primary job of Liberalism is to keep moving the nation forward and the conservative job is to keep trying to stop the forward motion.

So racist, slave owner Dems back then, are racist Dems today.

Thank you
And racist professional football and baseball owners were racists in the days of FDR, and are they still racists today? People change and many times it takes some enlightened leadership to spur the change.

The scumbag fdr sure as hell wasn't "enlightened leadership."

FDR integrated the war industry, established Social Security, and the GI Bill, and created bank despositors insurance.

Pretty enlightened for the day. Those actions literally transformed the United States.

Prog response: Er, um, well, that was before the Parties switched. FDR would be a Conservative today...or something. Let me ask Stats for my talking points
FDR would still be a liberal today, and pushing for such things as universal medical care. The primary job of Liberalism is to keep moving the nation forward and the conservative job is to keep trying to stop the forward motion.

Thank you
And racist professional football and baseball owners were racists in the days of FDR, and are they still racists today? People change and many times it takes some enlightened leadership to spur the change.

FDR integrated the war industry, established Social Security, and the GI Bill, and created bank despositors insurance.

Pretty enlightened for the day. Those actions literally transformed the United States.

The flaming racist piece of shit hated any non-wasps. He threw over 100,000 innocent Americans into concentration camps. He sent Jews back to Europe to die. Not too fucking enlightened.

Thank you

The flaming racist piece of shit hated any non-wasps. He threw over 100,000 innocent Americans into concentration camps. He sent Jews back to Europe to die. Not too fucking enlightened.

Pretty enlightened for the day. Those actions literally transformed the United States

'FDR And The Jews' Puts A President's Compromises In Context
The subject of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's relationship with the Jewish community is complicated, multidimensional and contentious. On the one hand, the former New York governor won Jewish votes by landslide margins and led the Allies to victory in World War II, defeating Nazi Germany. Some of his closest advisers and strongest supporters were Jews, including Felix Frankfurter, whom he named to the Supreme Court, speechwriter Samuel Rosenman and Treasury Secretary Henry Morgenthau.

FDR and the Jews
by Allan J. Lichtman and Richard Breitman

Hardcover, 433 pages

purchase

On the other hand, FDR said little and did less on behalf of Jews trying to get out of Germany in the 1930s. He has been faulted for not diverting military resources to destroy the Nazi infrastructure of genocide and for not pushing Britain to admit more Jewish refugees to Palestine. Some have even accused him of abandoning the Jews.

FDR and the Jews is a richly detailed account of the president's relationship with that community in which historians Richard Breitman and Allan Lichtman deliver an upward revision of Roosevelt's performance.

Fear Vs. The Reality Of Anti-Semitism

In summing up FDR's record, Breitman and Lichtman write that "his compromises might seem flawed in the light of what later generations have learned about the depth and significance of the Holocaust." But, they add, "Roosevelt reacted more decisively to Nazi crimes against Jews than did any other world leader of his time."

"In some ways, that's a statement about Roosevelt's world and the inadequacies of other world leaders at the time," Breitman tells NPR's Robert Siegel. "But that comparison tells us something: that the world of the 1930s and the 1940s was a very different place, and that Roosevelt had both political constraints and international constraints that we don't often think about today."

In this way, Breitman says, FDR's track record was markedly different from that of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

"I think Churchill has the reputation of being philo-Semitic [or appreciative of Jews and Jewish culture] but didn't often back it up with actions. And Roosevelt has the reputation for being unsympathetic but in fact did a number of things behind the scenes which show at least some concern," Breitman observes.

FDR's father raised him to not be anti-Semitic at a time when anti-Semitism was common to their class. During his presidency, however, Roosevelt feared that expressions of his concern for the Jews of Europe would inflame anti-Semitism in the U.S. According to Lichtman, that fear affected how FDR and other leaders of the era dealt with the Jewish question.

"The 1930s and '40s were a time in America when there was a considerable amount of anti-Jewish, anti-black and even anti-Catholic sentiment and people were worried about upsetting the social order in America," Lichtman says. "But, let me say, this is the poison of anti-Semitism; that the fear of anti-Semitism is often greater than the reality of anti-Semitism. And it was more fear that tended to paralyze key players in the '30s and '40s than necessarily the reality of anti-Semitism."

[T]his is the poison of anti-Semitism; that the fear of anti-Semitism is often greater than the reality of anti-Semitism. And it was more fear that tended to paralyze key players in the '30s and '40s than necessarily the reality of anti-Semitism."

Allan Lichtman

But it wasn't just FDR who was afraid. American Jews were also nervous about rocking the boat and bringing a wave of anti-Semitism upon themselves. According to Breitman, "The American Jewish community was divided both over how much they could accomplish politically and how they should go about it."

"Owens received no telegram of congratulations for his record-breaking haul of medals. On his return, there was no invitation to the White House to shake hands with the President. That honour was reserved for white Olympians. Owens even had to attend a non-presidential reception in his honour with his mother at the Waldorf Astoria using the goods lift.

Was Roosevelt, architect of the New Deal, a closet racist? According to one account, FDR segregated black and white servants at the White House at mealtimes to stop them talking. He appointed Hugo Black to the Supreme Court in the knowledge that he had been a member of the Ku Klux Klan. He neither enacted nor supported legislation to outlaw lynching."

Snubbed at home

"As Owens later put it, “Hitler didn’t snub me; it was our president who snubbed me. The president didn’t even send a telegram.”

“Hitler Didn’t Snub Me — It Was Our President” | Lawrence W. Reed

The piece of shit fdr wasn't "enlightened" for any age.

If you want to see a contemporary of his who was enlightened, take a look:

In Gov. Ralph Carr, Colorado has a shining light in the painful history of Japanese internment – The Denver Post

"At the height of the nation’s hysteria about Japanese-Americans after the Pearl Harbor attack, Colorado Gov. Ralph Carr stood up to those threatening violence against people interned at the state’s concentration camp on the Eastern Plains.

“If you harm them,” the Republican said in 1942, “you must first harm me.”
"

"He ultimately had to travel across the state to explain why it was wrong to imprison Japanese-Americans without due process"

"“America is made up of men and women from the four corners of the earth, of every racial origin and nationality,” Carr wrote in an editorial published in the Japanese-American Citizens League newspaper. “It is truly the melting pot of the world. There is no place here for the man who thinks that his people or those who speak his language are in turn entitled to preference over any others.”"

Fuck you.

Reality not suit you shoog?

The reality is that the only place that the Klan is a relevant force is in the pathetic fantasies of race baiting assholes.

Fuck you.
The TRUTH hurts doesn't it?

No, being mocked by brainless turds is annoying.

Hence, Fuck you, you vile asshole.

"Owens received no telegram of congratulations for his record-breaking haul of medals. On his return, there was no invitation to the White House to shake hands with the President. That honour was reserved for white Olympians. d

Shocking.

FDR was a racist. As was every President before him.

Meanwhile- FDR desegregated the war industry, created Social Security and the GI Bill and created bank despositors insurance.

FDR and Eleanor are responsible for the beginning of the shift of African Americans from Republicans to Democrats.

African Americans recognized who was doing something for them.

The piece of shit fdr wasn't "enlightened" for any age.

LOL- you still havent' forgiven FDR for what he did do for the American people have you?

Which part do you hate more?
  1. Led the United States to victory in World War 2?
  2. Led the United States out of the Depression?
  3. Created the GI Bill?
  4. Created Social Security?
  5. Implimented Bank Depositors insurance?
  6. Desegregated the war industry?
African Americans and Native Americans fared well in two New Deal relief programs, the Civilian Conservation Corps and the Indian Reorganization Act, respectively. Sitkoff reported that the WPA "provided an economic floor for the whole black community in the 1930s, rivaling both agriculture and domestic service as the chief source" of income.[291]

Eleanor Roosevelt and Mary McLeod Bethune, a member of Roosevelt's Black Cabinet (a key advisory group on race relations).
Another significant change was establishment in 1941 of the Fair Employment Practices Committee, to implement Executive Order 8802 prohibiting racial and religious discrimination in employment among defense contractors. This was the first national program directed against employment discrimination. African Americans who gained defense industry jobs in the 1940s shared in the higher wages; in the 1950s they had gained in relative economic position, about 14% higher than other blacks who were not in such industries. Their moves into manufacturing positions were critical to their success.[292]

Forum List

Back