Liberal 101: With High Inflation Raise Taxes

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Yeah, with people having a hard time making ends meet due to persistent high inflation, the best course of action to take is to raise taxes. That'll help things. I swear, I don't know why anyone votes for the blue team.

Yeah, with people having a hard time making ends meet due to persistent high inflation, the best course of action to take is to raise taxes. That'll help things. I swear, I don't know why anyone votes for the blue team.

that may be chapter 3 of keynes general theory. modern monetary theory describes accurately, the main function of taxation is to brake inflation..

only adherents of failed macroeconomic theories and those who wish to destroy the economy by "starving the beast" would think otherwise. wgich are you, indy????

ty

that may be chapter 3 of keynes general theory. modern monetary theory describes accurately, the main function of taxation is to brake inflation..

only adherents of failed macroeconomic theories and those who wish to destroy the economy by "starving the beast" would think otherwise. wgich are you, indy????

ty
Let's see, you idiots are against the Federal Reserve raising rates but you're all for tax rate increases. All in the name of reducing inflation. So do taxes go down, in line with inflation going down....keep dreaming.

ty
LOL. MMT has put us where we are today, with high inflation and the country crumbling.

The DemoKKKrats are again squeezing the working class, while they lie out of the other side of their mouths about "taxing the rich".

The left don't have the mind's to consider the cause and effect of their actions. All they need is for a Democracked politician to suggest something, no matter how outrageous, and they're quick to climb on board. All the while, they figure someone else will pay for it.

When you cut taxes you are putting more money in the hands of consumers and investors and that is somewhat inflationary. Same thing when you give out thousands of dollars in pandemic relief, as the Trump and Biden Adminstrations did. It follows then that if you raise taxes then you are taking money out of the economy, thereby reducing inflation due to less consumer spending and less investing. BUT - that also means you are reducing economic growth in the private sector a little bit too, that is not made up by the increase in govt spending.

The DemoKKKrats are again squeezing the working class, while they lie out of the other side of their mouths about "taxing the rich".
Yes, they tax the poorer at a disproportional rate than they do the rich. And, taxes also include inflation, something the left does not care to talk about.

The left don't have the mind's to consider the cause and effect of their actions. All they need is for a Democracked politician to suggest something, no matter how outrageous, and they're quick to climb on board. All the while, they figure someone else will pay for it.
That's because they think all of their actions are to help the poor so their policies can't possibly go wrong, even when it smacks them right across the face.

Yeah, with people having a hard time making ends meet due to persistent high inflation
Just wondering if you are aware of how much inflation has come down and how close it is to the Fed's 2% target?

Higher standard deduction​

The standard deduction will also increase in 2024, rising to $29,200 for married couples filing jointly, up from $27,700 in 2023. Single filers may claim $14,600, an increase from $13,850.

Just wondering if you are aware of how much inflation has come down and how close it is to the Fed's 2% target?

The standard deduction will also increase in 2024, rising to $29,200 for married couples filing jointly, up from $27,700 in 2023. Single filers may claim $14,600, an increase from $13,850.
Inflation is up 17% under Biden. 80% of Americans say they are worse off since Biden has been president. Just wondering if you are aware of that.

Liberal 101: With High Inflation Raise Taxes​

More proof Dems don't give a shit about the people. It's 100% about money they can tax and shove into their own pockets. During peak Biden gas prices our blue state slammed another 50 cents a gallon onto the existing gas tax. I haven't paid under $5 a gallon since. Wait, this just in from Dems...they don't give a shit!

Democrats stopped being the party of the poor and working class, and became the party of big government, government workers and government unions.

That's because they think all of their actions are to help the poor so their policies can't possibly go wrong, even when it smacks them right across the face.
I think it's more they support anything that costs more, and in the end it dehumanizes people, never mind the waste and control. They're more apt to desire that someone takes care of them, and everyone behaves the same. HOA is a good example, leftists love them some HOA. This way everyone's place "fits" in, with no character, and control over you. The end result is boredom and a dumbing down.

The Fed's target inflation rate is 2% per year, not 2% per month...dumbass.

Forum List

Back