Libby gets 2 and a half years.

And, <b>YET AGAIN</b>, he wasn't charged with outing Valerie Plame. Libby was charged, tried and convicted for obstructing, deliberately, the investigation into just who did out her. An investigation requested, not by some left-wing looney, but by the CIA. :rolleyes:

Your insistence on claiming parity with the Whitewater investigations and that loser, Sandy Berger, doesn't hold water. Libby obstructed the investigation into the leaking of a CIA assets identity during what is supposedly a time of war. Last I heard, that was treason.

you may think it is treasonous and I may think so too... but obviously our republican friends think that lying is business as usual for their party leaders.

That's sad, don't you think?

You obviously haven't a clue how Lawyers work. Or your prsenting a red herring.

you obviously haven't a clue on how the court system works...

you have to tell the truth when you are under oath in a courtroom OR before a grand jury, if you do not and it is proven that you did not, as was the case with libby, you will go to jail... do you think it is ok for government officials to lie to grand juries?

why?

And of course you are JUST outraged and saddened that McDougal obstructed justice in the case of the Clintons? Further, since you keep claiming that Libby did what he was convicted of for the express purpose of protecting the Vice President, am I safe to assume you also believe McDougal did what she did to protect the Clintons?

no.. at the time I thought that it was just... because I don't like it when government officials lie under oath... why do you?

no.. at the time I thought that it was just... because I don't like it when government officials lie under oath... why do you?

I never thought it was just. MacDougal always asserted that she was jailed because she refused to testify to what Starr wanted her to say... as opposed to the truth.

Libby actively lied....

I think that we agree and I don&#8217;t understand why people try to complicate the matter. No matter what, if you lie to a judge or jury, you should be punished. The same goes for liberals or conservatives or Democrats or Republicans or national presidents or daycare custodians. That should be enough to say. Don't lie. Don't lie.

I think that we agree and I don’t understand why people try to complicate the matter. No matter what, if you lie to a judge or jury, you should be punished. The same goes for liberals or conservatives or Democrats or Republicans or national presidents or daycare custodians. That should be enough to say. Don't lie. Don't lie.

I agree with the 'don't lie.' With that said, why are Republicans held to account by their party, while Democrats accused are defended by theirs?

I never thought it was just. MacDougal always asserted that she was jailed because she refused to testify to what Starr wanted her to say... as opposed to the truth.

Libby actively lied....

I was a republican then and frankly, I wasn't paying attention to politics. I was as asleep then as most are today.

According to wiki, she went to prison for a numer of reasons... what did starr want her to say? and if it wasn't the truth, why did he want her to say it?

I think that we agree and I don’t understand why people try to complicate the matter. No matter what, if you lie to a judge or jury, you should be punished. The same goes for liberals or conservatives or Democrats or Republicans or national presidents or daycare custodians. That should be enough to say. Don't lie. Don't lie.

I agree. We are supposed to be a nation of laws. One of them is do not lie to authorities or in court. When you do, you deserve to go to jail. No crying. No whining. No mercy.

Bottom line. Don't lie under oath. Don't lie to investigators. Just tell the truth. It's easier to keep your story straight when you tell the truth.

I agree with the 'don't lie.' With that said, why are Republicans held to account by their party, while Democrats accused are defended by theirs?

which republicans are held to account by their party? Certainly not Libby...

So why is Libby different? why are the majority of republicans all whiney that he was convicted for lying? Don't they value the truth? Do you think it is honorable for elected officials to defend someone who has been proven to be a liar?

which republicans are held to account by their party? Certainly not Libby...

So why is Libby different? why are the majority of republicans all whiney that he was convicted for lying? Don't they value the truth? Do you think it is honorable for elected officials to defend someone who has been proven to be a liar?

Ok, we'll skip Libby, though you will find that some do. With that said, let's look at Delay or Gingrich or Lott. Now please show me where the Democrats are acting like that?

Ok, we'll skip Libby, though you will find that some do. With that said, let's look at Delay or Gingrich or Lott. Now please show me where the Democrats are acting like that?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/14/indiana.democrat.ap/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The head of the Indiana Democratic Party resigned amid media reports he was under federal investigation for his role in a land deal.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/12/mcgreevey.nj/

CNN) -- Dropping a political bombshell, New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey announced his resignation Thursday after revealing that he is gay and that he had an adulterous affair with a man.

Ok, we'll skip Libby, though you will find that some do. With that said, let's look at Delay or Gingrich or Lott.

Now please show me where the Democrats are acting like that?

No, this thread is about LIBBY... tho RGS has been doing his damndest to divert attention away from him... and now you are too... if you'd like to discuss what those guys have said, start another thread... you know I'm not shy, I'll drop by and say whatever I think needs to be said about them...

back to Libby...

Do you think it is ok for the leaders of your party to lie under oath or to investigators? How does that square with your party's claim to be the party of law and order? Isn't telling the truth part of that? Or is it just another empty slogan?

No, this thread is about LIBBY... tho RGS has been doing his damndest to divert attention away from him... and now you are too... if you'd like to discuss what those guys have said, start another thread... you know I'm not shy, I'll drop by and say whatever I think needs to be said about them...

back to Libby...

Do you think it is ok for the leaders of your party to lie under oath or to investigators? How does that square with your party's claim to be the party of law and order? Isn't telling the truth part of that? Or is it just another empty slogan?
No asshat, the courts have ruled on Libby. I'm using compare and contrast, a higher order reasoning proposition. Get with the program. Libby is toast, unless Bush pardons him, which seems highly unlikely, considering he serves no purpose, much like the base of the GOP.

you obviously haven't a clue on how the court system works...

you have to tell the truth when you are under oath in a courtroom OR before a grand jury, if you do not and it is proven that you did not, as was the case with libby, you will go to jail... do you think it is ok for government officials to lie to grand juries?

why?

Well the standard as provided to us by the democrats is if a democrat lies it is a OK. I wonder why?

back to Libby...

What "leader" of the Republican party lied under oath? We DO have the Democratic President last in Office for Lying under oath, remind me again how HE was punished. We have Sandy Burger stealing classified documents IN a time of war, remind me of his punishment and contrast it to Libby.

We have as example of Obstruction of Justice McDougal in the Clinton affairs, remind me how Libby is proof of Vice President Cheney's guilt but McDougal is not proof of Clinton's guilty.

And we have people claiming that NO evidence is all they need to claim the Vice President is guilty of Treason.... LAST I checked one has to have a minimum of 2 EYE witnesses to even get someone on treason, not even one exists in this case.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/14/indiana.democrat.ap/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The head of the Indiana Democratic Party resigned amid media reports he was under federal investigation for his role in a land deal.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/12/mcgreevey.nj/

CNN) -- Dropping a political bombshell, New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey announced his resignation Thursday after revealing that he is gay and that he had an adulterous affair with a man.

Wow, a big fish if we ever heard of such. :rolleyes:

What "leader" of the Republican party lied under oath?

I do not know of any.

We DO have the Democratic President last in Office for Lying under oath, remind me again how HE was punished.

He had to pay $90,000 to Paula Jones' attorneys. He lost his law license for 5 years. He had to pay a $25000 fine. He is not allowed to argue before the Supreme Court.

We have Sandy Burger stealing classified documents IN a time of war, remind me of his punishment and contrast it to Libby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Berger#Convicted_of_mishandling_classified_terror_documents

However, on September 8, U.S. Magistrate Judge Deborah Robinson increased the fine to $50,000 at Berger's sentencing...Berger was also ordered to serve two years of probation and to perform 100 hours of community service....On May 17, 2007, Berger relinquished his license to practice law as a result of the Justice Deptartment investigation.

We have as example of Obstruction of Justice McDougal in the Clinton affairs, remind me how Libby is proof of Vice President Cheney's guilt but McDougal is not proof of Clinton's guilty.

And we have people claiming that NO evidence is all they need to claim the Vice President is guilty of Treason.... LAST I checked one has to have a minimum of 2 EYE witnesses to even get someone on treason, not even one exists in this case.

I am not familiar with the McDougal case. Anyway, this is becoming a silly game of "bean counting". It is enough to say that it is wrong to lie. Democrats get in trouble for telling lies. Republicans get in trouble for telling lies.

Tenet allowed false evidence lead us in to a war because he kept silent when the administration was touting it, for this he received an award.

And with Mike Brown and the way he handled Katrina, he got an award for the poor job and a position on the board investigating what went wrong after he resigned his position.

No one in the administration was held accountable for the lapse in our security for 9/11.

Libby stayed in his position until he was indicted.

Bin Laden was not held accountable for 9/11.

Illegal Immigrants should be rewarded with legal status and amnesty.

No one in the administration was held accountable for the HYPE and misleading statements regarding The nuclear threat from Saddam that they repeated over and over again in various different ways.

No one has been held accountable for breaking the 4th amendment, even though they half heartedly admitted they were wrong....

Gonzalez has been a disgrace as AG and he won't resign.

No oversight, the entire first 6 years.

They allowed Foley to stay on so that they could win the next election with him even though they knew for YEARS about his inappropriate behavior.

--------------

I don't know Kathianne, there are a hundred other things I could bring up too that we have had no accountibility on since this administration has been in power....

care

Tenet allowed false evidence lead us in to a war because he kept silent when the administration was touting it, for this he received an award.

And with Mike Brown and the way he handled Katrina, he got an award for the poor job and a position on the board investigating what went wrong after he resigned his position.

No one in the administration was held accountable for the lapse in our security for 9/11.

Libby stayed in his position until he was indicted.

Bin Laden was not held accountable for 9/11.

Illegal Immigrants should be rewarded with legal status and amnesty.

No one in the administration was held accountable for the HYPE and misleading statements regarding The nuclear threat from Saddam that they repeated over and over again in various different ways.

No one has been held accountable for breaking the 4th amendment, even though they half heartedly admitted they were wrong....

Gonzalez has been a disgrace as AG and he won't resign.

No oversight, the entire first 6 years.

They allowed Foley to stay on so that they could win the next election with him even though they knew for YEARS about his inappropriate behavior.

--------------

I don't know Kathianne, there are a hundred other things I could bring up too that we have had no accountibility on since this administration has been in power....

care
ok? It's all because of the administration? They may have had the right goals and been fu in implementation, so wtf?

Forum List

Back