Libby gets 2 and a half years.

One can only wonder that if the DICA lied about Valerie Plame's covert status in his statement to the Senate, if Valerie Plame lied about her covert status during her sworn testimony to the Senate, why haven't they been charges of perjury brought against these individuals?

Because the facts of the case stand as the DCIA and Ms. Plame presented them, she was covert at the time her cover was blown in Bob Novak's little hatchet job.

Those unable to accept this, I can only say that you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.

Interesting that you would make this statement, Bully. Since there has been no finding of fact, all that anyone has are opinions. So while you are certainly entitled to your opinions, you cannot claim them as fact since the question has never been broached in court.

So I love the irony of your statement. It's just sad that you refuse to see that your "facts" are nothing but opinions.

Interesting that you would make this statement, Bully. Since there has been no finding of fact, all that anyone has are opinions. So while you are certainly entitled to your opinions, you cannot claim them as fact since the question has never been broached in court.

So I love the irony of your statement. It's just sad that you refuse to see that your "facts" are nothing but opinions.

the DCI may have indeed been voicing his "opinion".... but guess what? I would imagine that most everyone in America would consider his "opinion" as to which of his employees were or were not "covert" to be of a hell of a lot more value and validity than YOUR opinion on the subject. But that is just my opinion.

the DCI may have indeed been voicing his "opinion".... but guess what? I would imagine that most everyone in America would consider his "opinion" as to which of his employees were or were not "covert" to be of a hell of a lot more value and validity than YOUR opinion on the subject. But that is just my opinion.

And until a finding of fact in court wherein ALL relevant opinions are voiced and tested, all any of us have is opinion. But we've covered this in another thread I think.

The findings of the court have shown that I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby perjured himself before a Grand Jury...Made misleading statements to FBI investigators...And obstructed the investigation of said Grand Jury into whether or not a crime had been committed in the disclosing of the identity of Valerie Plame as a covert officer for the CIA.

Libby lied to a Grand Jury and for that alone he should face the full weight of the law. His actions obstructed the investigation into a possible conspiracy to leak the identity of Ms. Plame...who has been identified as a covert officer by the DCI, CIA employment records, and her own sworn testimony before the Senate...thus making it impossible to follow that investigation to its conclusion.

Assertions that these facts constitute nothing more than opinion is, to put it politely, mere sophistry. To put it more bluntly, they are utter balderdash, put forth by those unwilling to accept the rule of law when it is turned against the Administration they so slavishly support.

And I ask you again, if the DCI and Ms. Plame perjured themselves, why have no charges been filed?

The findings of the court have shown that I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby perjured himself before a Grand Jury...Made misleading statements to FBI investigators...And obstructed the investigation of said Grand Jury into whether or not a crime had been committed in the disclosing of the identity of Valerie Plame as a covert officer for the CIA.

Libby lied to a Grand Jury and for that alone he should face the full weight of the law. His actions obstructed the investigation into a possible conspiracy to leak the identity of Ms. Plame...who has been identified as a covert officer by the DCI, CIA employment records, and her own sworn testimony before the Senate...thus making it impossible to follow that investigation to its conclusion.

Assertions that these facts constitute nothing more than opinion is, to put it politely, mere sophistry. To put it more bluntly, they are utter balderdash, put forth by those unwilling to accept the rule of law when it is turned against the Administration they so slavishly support.

And I ask you again, if the DCI and Ms. Plame perjured themselves, why have no charges been filed?

Why weren't charges brought against Clinton? Your assertion is absolute bullshit.

Once again the entire matter was supposedly about outing Plume, YET no one was ever charged with that. We do have dems insisting that no evidence is proof of a crime though. While in another thread these same people are insisting Jefferson is INNOCENT till proven guilty.... my I wonder why that is?

I will ask for about the 10th time.... Why wasn't Libby charged with outing Plume? The entire case hinges on him lying about something that never happened. He is guilty of obstructing a case about NOTHING.

Do not tell me he had to admit to outing her in order to be charged and convicted of it, if he did it.

So lets put the shoe on the other foot.... WHY do you liberals INSIST on defending Jefferson? Innocent till proven guilty ONLY applies to a Democrat? Last I checked neither Rove or Cheney have been charged with a single crime. So not only are they INNOCENT till proven guilty, they are Innocent because they haven't been charged.

You can NOT have it both ways, you can not argue that any comments about Jefferson are wrong because he hasn't been convicted AND claim that Cheney and Rove are Guilty when they haven't even been charged.

Why weren't charges brought against Clinton? Your assertion is absolute bullshit.

Once again the entire matter was supposedly about outing Plume, YET no one was ever charged with that. We do have dems insisting that no evidence is proof of a crime though. While in another thread these same people are insisting Jefferson is INNOCENT till proven guilty.... my I wonder why that is?

I will ask for about the 10th time.... Why wasn't Libby charged with outing Plume? The entire case hinges on him lying about something that never happened. He is guilty of obstructing a case about NOTHING.

Do not tell me he had to admit to outing her in order to be charged and convicted of it, if he did it.

So lets put the shoe on the other foot.... WHY do you liberals INSIST on defending Jefferson? Innocent till proven guilty ONLY applies to a Democrat? Last I checked neither Rove or Cheney have been charged with a single crime. So not only are they INNOCENT till proven guilty, they are Innocent because they haven't been charged.

You can NOT have it both ways, you can not argue that any comments about Jefferson are wrong because he hasn't been convicted AND claim that Cheney and Rove are Guilty when they haven't even been charged.

Thanks once more for playing "Really Bad Analogies"! (game show music rises in background). Clinton's lies killed no one...he was impeached...get over it.

And, for the umpteenth time, I will repeat...

<blockquote>The findings of the court have shown that I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby perjured himself before a Grand Jury...Made misleading statements to FBI investigators...And obstructed the investigation of said Grand Jury into whether or not a crime had been committed in the disclosing of the identity of Valerie Plame as a covert officer for the CIA.</blockquote>

His obstruction of the investigation prevented him, and anyone else involved, from being charged with a violation of IIPA.

Can you cite ANY instance where I've defended William Jefferson? Finding $90,000 in marked bills from an FBI sting operation in his freezer should be sufficient to convict his dumb, corrupt ass, and I hope he and Duke Cunningham wind up as cell mates.

As for Turdblossom and Darth Cheney, While they stand innocent and pristine as some dewy-eyed virgin before the law, their past actions in the political arena have shown them to be political hatchet-men who will let nothing stand in the way of their ambitions. And had 'Scooter' not obstructed the investigation they might have been the ones in the dock...But we'll never know unless 'Scooter' finds life in prison too harsh for his delicate sensibilities, as Ms. Hilton did, and rolls on his former masters.

Thanks once more for playing "Really Bad Analogies"! (game show music rises in background). Clinton's lies killed no one...he was impeached...get over it.

And, for the umpteenth time, I will repeat...

<blockquote>The findings of the court have shown that I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby perjured himself before a Grand Jury...Made misleading statements to FBI investigators...And obstructed the investigation of said Grand Jury into whether or not a crime had been committed in the disclosing of the identity of Valerie Plame as a covert officer for the CIA.</blockquote>

His obstruction of the investigation prevented him, and anyone else involved, from being charged with a violation of IIPA.

Can you cite ANY instance where I've defended William Jefferson? Finding $90,000 in marked bills from an FBI sting operation in his freezer should be sufficient to convict his dumb, corrupt ass, and I hope he and Duke Cunningham wind up as cell mates.

As for Turdblossom and Darth Cheney, While they stand innocent and pristine as some dewy-eyed virgin before the law, their past actions in the political arena have shown them to be political hatchet-men who will let nothing stand in the way of their ambitions. And had 'Scooter' not obstructed the investigation they might have been the ones in the dock...But we'll never know unless 'Scooter' finds life in prison too harsh for his delicate sensibilities, as Ms. Hilton did, and rolls on his former masters.

So, All the insistance that Libby told people Plume was not only a CIA agent BUT she was a covert agent are smoke and mirrors? Last I checked one doesn't have to confess to a crime to be charged and convicted of it IF there is any EVIDENCE one did the crime. Care has claimed that there are a slew of witnesses to testify Libby told them not only was Plume a CIA asset ( something the CIA readily admitted) but she was a COVERT asset. Of course she and every other liberal has been unable to explain why, with all these witnesses he was never actually charged with the crime.

Forum List

Back