Lettuce would not cost $4 a head

Their product is inferior ? LOL. Brainwashed much ?
Your GMO Roundup ready bullshit is the nastiest crap on earth.Your mega farms have massive amounts piled into containers where one rat can wreak havoc on the whole batch.Nobody noticed until the emergency rooms start filling up.Recycled piss water full of unfilterable hormones and antibiotics to irrigate with..............chlorine, fluoride....on and on and on.

I'll buy Pedros beans and spinach any day.UNLESS Pedro works for one of your multinational clusterfucks.
have another drink

The food grown in Mexico is not inferior. They do not use hormones and antibotics to grow vegetables. I don't think we import meat? I have bought meat and sea food from Mexican stores and had to return all of it. Maybe they do use hormones because the chicken I bought look like the size of turkey.

It has long been known that they use human sewer to water crop.

Our ERs were filling up because was using the bathroom in the fields and contaminating the crop. And not washing their hands in handling food in resturants. I simply do not eat out at all because you never know who is workinging in the kitchen.

Hormones and antibiotics? where are you reading this bullshit from? You haven't got the fist damn clue what you are talking about and it is ashame you type this ignorant drivel and paint the US Ag industry as the bad guy in the room.
FYI: Mexico has no regulation as to what they spray or fertilize on the produce they grow. They don't check their water for fertlizer or pesticide residue in their ground water. They are not required to keep those records as required by our own US farmers.

never eat in a Mexican restaurant.-.....so here we have it..Lil O Lady has no problem with white folks..just Latinos in general..

better make sure you do not eat any fruits or veggies and make sure that you mark milk and such forth off your list, because it is likely that a Hispanic was involved in its production...I think you might want to consider producing your own shit and hiding in Montana in some part of the unventured terrain there.

Oh and I sure as hell hope you don´t eat Chocolate..none of it is from the USA.

Last edited:
have another drink

The food grown in Mexico is not inferior. They do not use hormones and antibotics to grow vegetables. I don't think we import meat? I have bought meat and sea food from Mexican stores and had to return all of it. Maybe they do use hormones because the chicken I bought look like the size of turkey.

Our ERs were filling up because was using the bathroom in the fields and contaminating the crop. And not washing their hands in handling food in resturants. I simply do not eat out at all because you never know who is workinging in the kitchen.

Hormones and antibiotics? where are you reading this bullshit from? You haven't got the fist damn clue what you are talking about and it is ashame you type this ignorant drivel and paint the US Ag industry as the bad guy in the room.
FYI: Mexico has no regulation as to what they spray or fertilize on the produce they grow. They don't check their water for fertlizer or pesticide residue in their ground water. They are not required to keep those records as required by our own US farmers.

actually anything that is imported to the US has to follow ALL USDA requirements.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the OP though, especially since only 13% of vegetables are imported, 32% of nuts and fruits are imported(clearly this number percent is higher because of things like bananas that aren´t domestic to the US), and only 10% of meat..so where this person gets that the majiority is imported is smoking something they perhaps shouldn´t tell us about..

Most of our red meat, fruits and vegetable, nuts, fish and shell fish is imported. Mostly because its grown cheaper in countries that import to us and we pay less than if it had to be grown here.

So the above statement is either an outright lie or a faux pas on the OP´s part.

What Share of U.S. Consumed Food Is Imported? - February 2008

America is the world's bread basket.

We do not import most of our food.

In fact we export enormous amounts of food worldwide.

No matter what percentage of food we import it is too much imported food that could be grown here. And we import oil and export oil.

ah but see you were just making the argument for outsourcing in your OP saying that lettuce would not be that price precisely because you claim that all our food is imported mostly and it isn't.....the US exports huge amounts of food every year that is grown locally....picked most of the time by immigrants.

U.S. Food Imports on the Rise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“With the changing tastes of the American consumer and an improving economy, you can understand why imported foods are the fastest growing section of the typical supermarket."

Craig Infanger
UK College of Agriculture Extension Economist

By Aimee Heald-Nielson

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 9, 2005) – The United States is the world’s largest food exporter. But agricultural policy observers are beginning to see the United States on the verge of becoming a net food importer, said Craig Infanger, University of Kentucky College of Agriculture economist.

“The latest government estimates forecast record agricultural exports of $62 billion for 2004,” he said. “That’s a jump of $6 billion from 2003. Big increases in foreign sales to Asia, especially China, are driving up exports and keeping the United States the world’s major food supplier.”

Infanger said that agricultural exports have been similar to a roller coaster over the past decade with big swings up and down. The U.S. Department of Agriculture is predicting a decline in agricultural exports for 2005, stating the decline could be about $4 billion as a result of increased competition and lower prices for cotton, wheat and soybeans.

Food imports have been steadily rising for four years. There were a few months in 2004 when the United States imported more food than it exported.

“Of course this does not make the United States a net food importer – yet,” Infanger said. “But the trend on agricultural trade is clear if you look at the yearly summary data. The agricultural trade surplus – the difference between exports and imports – has deteriorated since 1996 when it was $20 billion. But with rising imports and roller coaster exports, the trade surplus next year is projected at only $2.5 billion.”

Infanger believes free trade agreements are making the U.S. market more open for new products, thus causing the rise in food imports.

“With the changing tastes of the American consumer and an improving economy, you can understand why imported foods are the fastest growing section of the typical supermarket,” he said. “Our food stores are now stocked with fruits and vegetables year-round with the origin and source changing with the seasons. That’s why horticultural products are the largest component of agricultural imports.”

The steady increase in agricultural imports is a trend that Infanger said will not go away. Consumers expect a wide variety of foods from around the globe. He said exports will vary with production levels, global competition and the value of the dollar.

“It seems clear to me that unless the value of U.S. agricultural exports were to somehow set new records every year, the United States is likely to become a new food importer in 2006,” Infanger said.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Food Imports on the Rise

my article trumps yours..it is from 2008 and your article is from 2005 it is three years older so my stats are recent enough to show that the majority and not even close to half of our veggies, fruits and meats are imported.

Actually if the right got their way the prices would likely fall through the floor at first and go way down because they pay subsidies to not grow but a certain amount of food.

actually anything that is imported to the US has to follow ALL USDA requirements.
Absolutely clueless in your analogy.

The answer to the harvesting problem is that the USA should STOP being a third world country as far as agriculture goes. The rest of the industrialized world has mechanized already. If field work was VITAL to agriculture, field workers would be pouring into Chile whose farms are much larger than anything OUR EPA allows. No. We cannot mechanize because we would have no need of illegals and the activists would have no excuses.

LETTUCE WOULD NOT COST $4 A HEAD
If illegal aliens were deported.

Most of our red meat, fruits and vegetable, nuts, fish and shell fish is imported. Mostly because its grown cheaper in countries that import to us and we pay less than if it had to be grown here. So if illegal aliens were deported and farmers had to move to Mexico, lettuce would be cheaper than if grown here and harvested by illegal. We would import it from Mexico and it would cost less and not more. Not the propaganda that it would cost $4 if illegal left.
If illegal aliens left the country and farmers moved their farms to Mexico we would all be much better off. Mexico would be responsible for it’s incarcerated criminals, education for children and medical care for them all. And cheap lettuce for Americans minus the cost of illegal aliens.

The reason we import so much of anything is because it is cheaper for us. Even cheap illegal labor and cheap votes for politicians. Business that hire illegal aliens and not Americans should move out of the country because it puts a burden on American to subsidize their low wages. Like education, welfare, food stamps, medical care, etc.

So what if it did? Hell make it $5.00/head I dont care as long as LEGAL immigrants/citizens are picking my lettuce.

he rest of the industrialized world has mechanized already. If field work was VITAL to agriculture, field workers would be pouring into Chile whose farms are much larger than anything OUR EPA allows. No. We cannot mechanize because we would have no need of illegals and the activists would have no excuses.

some field crops have to be hand picked. Not everything can be picked by machinery. You show how very little you know about agriculture from your statement. Most fruits MUST be hand picked. Vine crops also have to be hand picked. You really need to do some research before making such silly statements.

on the news this morning...crops are spoiling because immigrants are afraid to take the jobs...even the legal immigrants....

they can't hire Americans to fill the job...according to the farmers...

American workers were saying they won't take the jobs because the farmers do not pay enough for the job.

that was the gist of the news cut that i saw...

he rest of the industrialized world has mechanized already. If field work was VITAL to agriculture, field workers would be pouring into Chile whose farms are much larger than anything OUR EPA allows. No. We cannot mechanize because we would have no need of illegals and the activists would have no excuses.

some field crops have to be hand picked. Not everything can be picked by machinery. You show how very little you know about agriculture from your statement. Most fruits MUST be hand picked. Vine crops also have to be hand picked. You really need to do some research before making such silly statements.

That's because you are flat wrong.

Vine Lines: Mechanization Of The Raisin Industry - Growing Produce

Vine fruits can be picked by machinery and should be. Like every other industrialized nation does.

Forum List

Back