Let's Talk About Republican Tax Plans

Yes, you are a typical Republican. All bluster and no content.

As for research, you should have researched economics instead of politics

Are You Nuts???

Me A Republican????

You're more like them than I am and you called me one. You demand we have one in the conversation, so it's you , sport

One thing I'll grant you......most Republicans are squirrel up a tree nuts and you are definitely, without question on target for that category!!

I suppose that you realize that so far you have not responded to a single line or statement from my original post....I'll give ten to one odds you were a C student in high school. WOAH HERE....you might be in line to become president of the U S. George W. Bush was never anything more than a C student and look at what he got for us....a wrecked economy and an unnecessary war. Not necessarily in that order.

Kerry's gpa was even lower than bush'. And of course, O never released his grades. Without his teleprompter, he usually struggles and grasps for words. Dude is probably dumber than horseshit.

One little caveat......Kerry was never president of the U S. He never dodged the draft. He never declared an unnecessary war which cost the country 4500 young Americans and got another 35,000 seriously wounded. George W.Bush was an ignoramus with personal motivation because of Saddam Hussein's attempt to assassinate his daddy in QATAR in 1993. Oh well.....all those dedicated young folks died for a good cause.........according to him:

According to ol' George W. the war was over before it started:

4518170.jpg

The big lie of the Iraq war was Democrats saying they were lied to. The problem with the war is it was bad policy. Rather than admitting your mistake, you just engage in endless finger pointing. That's why those of us who actually do want to change US policy realize you're completely useless as allies on that

Are You Nuts???

Me A Republican????

You're more like them than I am and you called me one. You demand we have one in the conversation, so it's you , sport

One thing I'll grant you......most Republicans are squirrel up a tree nuts and you are definitely, without question on target for that category!!

I suppose that you realize that so far you have not responded to a single line or statement from my original post....I'll give ten to one odds you were a C student in high school. WOAH HERE....you might be in line to become president of the U S. George W. Bush was never anything more than a C student and look at what he got for us....a wrecked economy and an unnecessary war. Not necessarily in that order.

Kerry's gpa was even lower than bush'. And of course, O never released his grades. Without his teleprompter, he usually struggles and grasps for words. Dude is probably dumber than horseshit.

One little caveat......Kerry was never president of the U S. He never dodged the draft. He never declared an unnecessary war which cost the country 4500 young Americans and got another 35,000 seriously wounded. George W.Bush was an ignoramus with personal motivation because of Saddam Hussein's attempt to assassinate his daddy in QATAR in 1993. Oh well.....all those dedicated young folks died for a good cause.........according to him:

4518170.jpg

The big lie of the Iraq war was Democrats saying they were lied to. The problem with the war is it was bad policy. Rather than admitting your mistake, you just engage in endless finger pointing. That's why those of us who actually do want to change US policy realize you're completely useless as allies on that

The problem is the history of Republicans starting wars and sending the kids of others to fight and die in them.

Bomb Bomb Bomb....Bomb Bomb Iran!

Yes, you are a typical Republican. All bluster and no content.

As for research, you should have researched economics instead of politics

Are You Nuts???

Me A Republican????

4518170.jpg

He didn't dodge but came back and denigrated his fellow men. He's worthless.

4518170.jpg

The problem is the history of Republicans starting wars and sending the kids of others to fight and die in them.

LBJ has already sailed that boat when 50,000 americans died in the jungle.

4518170.jpg

The problem is the history of Democrats starting wars and supporting Republicans in starting wars and sending the kids of others to fight and die in them while you pretend that somehow you are different

First you have Grover Norquist who has vowed to attend a meeting at the guillotine before he'll tolerate any type of additional tax on the rich. Then you have several Republicans who are adamant about a flat tax. Of course the rich folks would love to see a flat tax because they would automatically see a total annual tax amount at around half of what they are paying now and they could fire their tax lawyers and accountants.

Now the most asinine idea of all of them is Mike Huckabee's national sales tax. Now brother....anybody who falls for this one needs an extensive examination of their brain at the Cleveland Clinic. Poor folks spend all their money and the rich might spend half of their million dollars a year...plus they have a choice about whether or not to buy another yacht or keep using the 2010 model.

What none of them want to discuss is that the poor folks are already paying the highest percentage rates when all taxes are considered vs their total expendable income. At the end of the month there's nothing remaining so that means 100% of their income was taxed or subjected to fees of one kind or another.

1: State Income Taxes(not in all states but in many)
2: Payroll taxes( if they're working and everybody is honest this gets paid every pay period.)
3: Sales tax.....since the poor spend everything nearly all of it is subject to a sales tax.
4: Gasoline tax....trivial to a rich man, considerable to the family barely getting by
5: Vendor tax....always passed along to the consumer
6: Property tax....if one is lucky enough to own a home. Otherwise they rent. Rent includes all expenses the owner has whether maintenance or his own taxes, plus a profit.
7: Federal excise tax....excise taxes are usually included in the price of the product. It's the tax on automobile tires and other activities such as highway usage by trucks

Then there's fees...ever notice those little add ons when you're looking at your phone or power bill. There's always a dollar or two.

Even automobile registration is a tax. The state and county collect that.

One thing is for certain. Any tax which is imposed on a manufacturer's product or service is passed along to the buyer.....it's called bottom line profit.

Any thing a common man enjoys, fishing hunting, camping, boating, travel etc. subjects his/her family to more taxes. Ever notice the fees and taxes on the bill you paid when you checked out of a hotel or motel?

If any common man falls for the idea that a flat tax or national sales tax is good they deserve what they get. If the average citizens weren't getting the short end you can bet the Republicans wouldn't be advocating it.

How did you determine that "rich folks would love to see a flat tax because they would automatically see a total annual tax amount at around half of what they are paying now?"

How did you determine that all or even most rich people have yachts?

Where is your dividing line between rich and not rich?

How do you know that those making a mil/yr spend only half of it?

While it is true that "poor folks are already paying the highest percentage rates when all taxes are considered vs their total expendable income," it is also true about any of their expenditures ... from food to toilet paper.

It must be again noted that the bottom 48% of American earners pay NO FEDERAL PERSONAL INCOME TAX while the top 1% - those making over $438,000/yr - carry 38% of the total tax burden and the top 25% - those earning over $73,000 pay 86% of all federal income tax collected.

So what would satisfy you? 96%? 106%?

you don't know what you are talking about
LMAO!!!! That's easy for you to say....I spent over an hour researching stats for that epistle and you drop it like a used condom. Typical Republican.

Oh! I forgot...most Republicans can't even read effectively. I'll define "epistle" for you:

"A literary composition in the form of a letter"

Over an hour researching? A whole hour?
Woo.

I noticed you failed to post any of the links to your "research."

Perusing the fetid bowels of your favorite eat-the-rich website for an hour just to satisfy your preconceived loony left notions is hardly what any rational person would call research. You can find "validation" for any thought or concept - including "hard evidence" that the earth is flat - on the Internet.
You've done just that.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz

4518170.jpg

Yes, the "history" is WWI, WWII and Korean wars starting with Democrats as well. Slick got us into Kosovo and Bosnia and attacked the Sudan, Afghanistan and Haiti, he continued Somalia and was actually the first to invade Iraq with the Kurdish region as well as establishing no fly zones in the north then the south.

The idea Democrats are for peace is a pure joke

4518170.jpg

Yes, the "history" is WWI, WWII and Korean wars starting with Democrats as well. Slick got us into Kosovo and Bosnia and attacked the Sudan, Afghanistan and Haiti, he continued Somalia and was actually the first to invade Iraq with the Kurdish region as well as establishing no fly zones in the north then the south.

The idea Democrats are for peace is a pure joke

I couldnt agree more. They're constantly trying to whitewash all of their transgressions, especially slavery and segregation.

First you have Grover Norquist who has vowed to attend a meeting at the guillotine before he'll tolerate any type of additional tax on the rich. Then you have several Republicans who are adamant about a flat tax. Of course the rich folks would love to see a flat tax because they would automatically see a total annual tax amount at around half of what they are paying now and they could fire their tax lawyers and accountants.

Now the most asinine idea of all of them is Mike Huckabee's national sales tax. Now brother....anybody who falls for this one needs an extensive examination of their brain at the Cleveland Clinic. Poor folks spend all their money and the rich might spend half of their million dollars a year...plus they have a choice about whether or not to buy another yacht or keep using the 2010 model.

What none of them want to discuss is that the poor folks are already paying the highest percentage rates when all taxes are considered vs their total expendable income. At the end of the month there's nothing remaining so that means 100% of their income was taxed or subjected to fees of one kind or another.

2: Payroll taxes( if they're working and everybody is honest this gets paid every pay period.)
3: Sales tax.....since the poor spend everything nearly all of it is subject to a sales tax.
4: Gasoline tax....trivial to a rich man, considerable to the family barely getting by
6: Property tax....if one is lucky enough to own a home. Otherwise they rent. Rent includes all expenses the owner has whether maintenance or his own taxes, plus a profit.
7: Federal excise tax....excise taxes are usually included in the price of the product. It's the tax on automobile tires and other activities such as highway usage by trucks

Then there's fees...ever notice those little add ons when you're looking at your phone or power bill. There's always a dollar or two.

One thing is for certain. Any tax which is imposed on a manufacturer's product or service is passed along to the buyer.....it's called bottom line profit.

Any thing a common man enjoys, fishing hunting, camping, boating, travel etc. subjects his/her family to more taxes. Ever notice the fees and taxes on the bill you paid when you checked out of a hotel or motel?

If any common man falls for the idea that a flat tax or national sales tax is good they deserve what they get. If the average citizens weren't getting the short end you can bet the Republicans wouldn't be advocating it.
Where is your support that a flat tax would cut the "rich folks" actual effective tax rate "in half?"

How did you determine that "rich folks would love to see a flat tax because they would automatically see a total annual tax amount at around half of what they are paying now?"

While it is true that "poor folks are already paying the highest percentage rates when all taxes are considered vs their total expendable income," it is also true about any of their expenditures ... from food to toilet paper.

It must be again noted that the bottom 48% of American earners pay NO FEDERAL PERSONAL INCOME TAX while the top 1% - those making over $438,000/yr - carry 38% of the total tax burden and the top 25% - those earning over $73,000 pay 86% of all federal income tax collected.

LMAO!!!! That's easy for you to say....I spent over an hour researching stats for that epistle and you drop it like a used condom. Typical Republican.

Oh! I forgot...most Republicans can't even read effectively. I'll define "epistle" for you:

Woo.

Perusing the fetid bowels of your favorite eat-the-rich website for an hour just to satisfy your preconceived loony left notions is hardly what any rational person would call research. You can find "validation" for any thought or concept - including "hard evidence" that the earth is flat - on the Internet.
You've done just that.

The Flat Earth Society - Index

yeah...I've heard that argument made by those at the top all my life.....course I'm just 81 and so far all they've done is get richer. Take this under advisement.... "Trickle Down Didn't Work.....unless it was warm piss trickling down the backs of working America.

In the late 1940's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what an electrician or pipe fitter made. By the 1960's about 55 times as much. By the 1970's about 100 times as much. In 2012 CEO's made 400-500 times as much as an ordinary American worker. Do you think maybe them selecting their own board of directors and suggesting their plans to them had any effect? I wouldn't trust a rich man in the shithouse with a muzzle on. Warren Buffett is a fine human being and he's one in a million. Most of them use their control to keep ordinary workers working like serfs and dependent upon the rich for everything they need. I predict that at some point working people will finally catch on to the fact that they are making the rich man richer. If it was not for workers waking up early, traveling to their jobs and producing something for the "company" all day long every day everybody would just starve.

Global Unions is what ordinary workers should concentrate on. Shut the whole thing down and see how the wealthy who hire some one to do everything but wipe their ass fare. Just because some arrogant ass hole inherits someone else's wealth doesn't mean he's smarter....just luckier.

Nobody asks to be born
Nobody gets to say where they will be born
Nobody gets to select their parents
Nobody has anything to do with what kind of IQ they'll have
Nobody has anything to say about whether they'll be born with all their extremities
One thing for sure......they will die just like everybody else

These rich bastards who look in the mirror and think they're some kind of god can get my honest appraisal....they're a god damned poor excuse for a human being.

Under the national sales tax, all but state taxes would go away.

No more payroll taxes. No more income taxes.

I prefer a tax on consumption over a tax on production, as do most economists.

A sales tax is a tax on consumption. An income tax is a tax on production.

The downside of a sales tax is that it is regressive. This can be mitigated by a "prebate" which would be an identical amount no matter what your income. The prebate covers the sales taxes on your necessities of life.

But no matter what kind of tax scheme we have, it cannot have any exemptions. None. Zip. Zilch. I don't care how much the National Dairy Council lobby pays Congress, there cannot be a sales tax exemption for milk, no matter how sad a poverty-stricken child's face they find for their propaganda ads.

Woo.

You've done just that.

yeah...I've heard that argument made by those at the top all my life.....course I'm just 81 and so far all they've done is get richer. Take this under advisement.... "Trickle Down Didn't Work.....unless it was warm piss trickling down the backs of working America.

In the late 1940's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what an electrician or pipe fitter made. By the 1960's about 55 times as much. By the 1970's about 100 times as much. In 2012 CEO's made 400-500 times as much as an ordinary American worker. Do you think maybe them selecting their own board of directors and suggesting their plans to them had any effect? I wouldn't trust a rich man in the shithouse with a muzzle on. Warren Buffett is a fine human being and he's one in a million. Most of them use their control to keep ordinary workers working like serfs and dependent upon the rich for everything they need. I predict that at some point working people will finally catch on to the fact that they are making the rich man richer. If it was not for workers waking up early, traveling to their jobs and producing something for the "company" all day long every day everybody would just starve.

Global Unions is what ordinary workers should concentrate on. Shut the whole thing down and see how the wealthy who hire some one to do everything but wipe their ass fare. Just because some arrogant ass hole inherits someone else's wealth doesn't mean he's smarter....just luckier.

Nobody asks to be born
Nobody has anything to say about whether they'll be born with all their extremities

These rich bastards who look in the mirror and think they're some kind of god can get my honest appraisal....they're a god damned poor excuse for a human being.

I agree, there is no "trickle down." There is flood down opportunity when you enable job providers to do our jobs, and there is trickle up poverty when you don't. but trickle down doesn't exist

The downside of a sales tax is that it is regressive. This can be mitigated by a "prebate" which would be an identical amount no matter what your income. The prebate covers the sales taxes on your necessities of life.

But no matter what kind of tax scheme we have, it cannot have any exemptions. None. Zip. Zilch. I don't care how much the National Dairy Council lobby pays Congress, there cannot be a sales tax exemption for milk, no matter how sad a poverty-stricken child's face they find for their propaganda ads.

Since taxes are baked into the products we buy already and no one considers pre-tax profit, only post tax, you're wrong about the sales tax being regressive. But other than that, spot on

Since taxes are baked into the products we buy already and no one considers pre-tax profit, only post tax, you're wrong about the sales tax being regressive. But other than that, spot on
It's regressive, and there's no dispute as to that. But, as G5000 noted, that can be addressed. I'm more than skeptical that politically it can fly. More sellable is cuts to rates and getting rid of preferences. Maybe, just maybe, voters would agree to a loss of mortgage interest deduction if they were convinced that most would see an overall reduction.

It's regressive, and there's no dispute as to that. But, as G5000 noted, that can be addressed. I'm more than skeptical that politically it can fly. More sellable is cuts to rates and getting rid of preferences. Maybe, just maybe, voters would agree to a loss of mortgage interest deduction if they were convinced that most would see an overall reduction.

Ah, repeating twice that it's 'regressive' must make it regressive then. Obviously you didn't understand what I said, but I can't stand up to your repeating your baseless assertion, it's just too powerful.

In the off chance this was a boner and you do want to actually discuss the topic, what does that taxes are "baked in" mean?

...These rich bastards who look in the mirror and think they're some kind of god can get my honest appraisal....they're a god damned poor excuse for a human being.

Yeah ... I get it. "These rich bastards ... blah ... blah ... blah..."
Your 81 years have turned you into a whiny sniveling envious one-trick pony.
Would you like some music with your whine? Enjoy:

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Last edited:

Ah, repeating twice that it's 'regressive' must make it regressive then. Obviously you didn't understand what I said, but I can't stand up to your repeating your baseless assertion, it's just too powerful.

In the off chance this was a boner and you do want to actually discuss the topic, what does that taxes are "baked in" mean?
Actually, I was ignoring you and refusing putting up any link as to why sales taxes are considered to be regressive by mainstream economists, but please don't let me stop you from speaking in tongues from the economic voices in your head.

But, I'm not against replacing income with consumption taxes if there are exemptions. However, once you make exemptions, it seems to me that the advantages of consumption taxes may be compromised, and more importantly this is just a no-go politically. If we could eliminate exemptions in exchange for lower rates and less govt interference in which econ activity is "better," that would be an improvement.

Woo.

You've done just that.

Nobody asks to be born

I agree, there is no "trickle down." There is flood down opportunity when you enable job providers to do our jobs, and there is trickle up poverty when you don't. but trickle down doesn't exist

Trickle Down!!! The biggest lie and one of the biggest financial failures in our country's history. Reagan gave $3 trillion dollars to rich folks in tax cuts and never cut spending a damn dime. The sad thing is he borrowed every penny of it from foreign banks. This is not rocket science. When someone cuts taxes for the wealthy and doesn't match it with cuts in spending new debt is accrued. There have been two distinct opportunities to completely pay off the national debt and instead of doing it the Republicans slashed taxes and quadrupled and then doubled the debt again. These figures are a matter of record and can be easily checked. Oh...by the way, I didn't cut and paste this from some online site....I used the figures from the bureau of the debt and prepared it myself:

....................................Total U S Debt.......................................

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62
09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34
09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73
09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39
09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32
09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38 ( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)
09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66
09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03
09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25
09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16
09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00
09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42
09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00
09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00
09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)((Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

Forum List

Back