Zone1 Let's Talk About "Merit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several points.

1) The war on poverty mostly went to helping white people, not black people.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

medicaid-enrollees-by-race-ethnicity-2011-disparities.png

2) 22 Trillion over 50 years might sound like a lot, but it isn't. It actually comes out to less than 440 billion a year. Compare that to the nearly 2 Trillion we spend EVERY YEAR on middle class entitlements or the near Trillion a year we spend on Defense, and you get an idea of how little we are actually spending.

3) Most black people have jobs! Why do you keep repeating this lie? Black unemployment, while higher than white unemployment, never exceeds 20% even in the worst or recessions.
4) In many ways, relief programs come with a lot of strings that perpetuate poverty. For instance, Section 8 vouchers SOUND nice, but you can't use them to get into a better neighborhood, because the better neighborhoods won't take them. To qualify for Medicaid, you have to get rid of all your property, destroying generational wealth.

ted_20111005.png
One fourth of Negroes have IQ's below 75. At that level they are virtually unemployable.

You are the one who broached the topic of penis size, not me.

And you are the one who brought up school locker rooms.

During the 1950's rates of divorce, illegitimacy, and crime were much lower.

Yes, and women had less rights, minorities had less rights, and we were all terrified the Commies were going to get us! It wasn't "Leave it to Beaver".

It should be pointed out that crime was only lower in the 1950s because it was a rarified air of the post war world were our manufacturing was the only game in town. So all these folks who migrated to the cities to find jobs were too busy to do crime.

One fourth of Negroes have IQ's below 75. At that level they are virtually unemployable.
Really, you tested each and every one of them? Or are you just relying on a 50 year old graph developed by a racist?

Oh you avoided my points... here they are again..

1) Most people on welfare are white.
2) Most black people have jobs.
3) We spend too little on poverty relief to really make a difference
4) A lot of poverty relief programs are counter-productive.

Yes, and women had less rights, minorities had less rights, and we were all terrified the Commies were going to get us! It wasn't "Leave it to Beaver".
My family came close to "Leave it to Beaver," and "Ozzie and Harriet." So did a lot of other families. The 1950's was a good time to be a child. Even most black children lived with their biological parents living together in matrimony.

As late as 1968 the Supremes song "Love Child" presented illegitimacy as a social problem and a personal tragedy, as it certainly is.

It should be pointed out that crime was only lower in the 1950s because it was a rarified air of the post war world were our manufacturing was the only game in town. So all these folks who migrated to the cities to find jobs were too busy to do crime.
Poverty and unemployment are no excuses for crime. Orientals and Jews who move to the United States are often poor. They rarely break the law.

Oh you avoided my points... here they are again..

1) Most people on welfare are white.
2) Most black people have jobs.
3) We spend too little on poverty relief to really make a difference
4) A lot of poverty relief programs are counter-productive.
1) Negroes are far more likely to be on welfare than whites.
2) Many black people are unemployable.
3) According to the Heritage Foundation website I linked to, we have spent more on War on Poverty programs than on Wars. That assertion seems extreme to me, but I have not found it rationally and factually refuted anywhere.
4) This is because they encourage unemployable people to have illegitimate children who are usually useless to the economy, and frequently dangerous.

My family came close to "Leave it to Beaver," and "Ozzie and Harriet." So did a lot of other families. The 1950's was a good time to be a child. Even most black children lived with their biological parents living together in matrimony.

One, I seriously doubt you were around in the 50's.
Two, given what a dysfunctional racist piece of excrement you are, your upbringing couldn't have been that good.

My parents were very much products of their time, and I grew up in a segregated Chicago neighborhood, but I still managed to outgrow the racism I saw around me. (which is nowhere as severe as yours.)

Poverty and unemployment are no excuses for crime. Orientals and Jews who move to the United States are often poor. They rarely break the law.

Which was not the case when they first got here. Read up about the crime of the 1920's and 1930's. It was higher than it is now, carried out by Italian, Jewish, and Irish gangsters who came from poor neighborhoods. heck, they practically took over Chicago in the 1930's (Today we treat Al Capone like a tourist attraction rather than a profound social failure.)

So the New Deal lifted up white people and intentionally left black people behind. That wasn't good.

As for Asians.. um, Asians were largely PROHIBITED from emigrating here until the 1960's. The reason why most big cities have a Chinatown was that they were brought in as railroad workers.

As for Crime... the thing there was that when we finally did start letting more Asians come over, we either invited the affluent ones with technical skills, or we subsidized their immigration (like the various refugees from SE Asia we took in.) .

1) Negroes are far more likely to be on welfare than whites.
Because of institutionalized racism and only if you don't count entitlements as welfare, which they are.
2) Many black people are unemployable.
Because of instituitonalized racism.
3) According to the Heritage Foundation
Heritage Foundation is full of shit, tricking stupid white people since 1973
4) This is because they encourage unemployable people to have illegitimate children who are usually useless to the economy, and frequently dangerous.
Well, we know you are really scared since Jamal stuffed you into that locker. You must be a very frightened little man.

As late as 1968 the Supremes song "Love Child" presented illegitimacy as a social problem and a personal tragedy, as it certainly is.

Different time.

Attitudes change.

It used to be women put up with domestic abusers because they stayed "For the children" and they'd have nowhere else to go. I'd hardly call that a good situation.

My rule. If you wouldn't marry that person if there was no baby, you shouldn't marry that person because there is.

Two, given what a dysfunctional racist piece of excrement you are, your upbringing couldn't have been that good.
When I am insulted I know I have won the argument. Insults and name calling are the lowest form of discourse.

My racism consists of my insistence on evaluating Negroes using the same criteria I use in evaluating whites. My standards are mild. If a Negro lacks felony convictions and illegitimate children that is all I require. If in addition, the Negro is intelligent, and some are, that is better.

My parents were very much products of their time, and I grew up in a segregated Chicago neighborhood, but I still managed to outgrow the racism I saw around me. (which is nowhere as severe as yours.)

Which was not the case when they first got here. Read up about the crime of the 1920's and 1930's. It was higher than it is now, carried out by Italian, Jewish, and Irish gangsters who came from poor neighborhoods. heck, they practically took over Chicago in the 1930's (Today we treat Al Capone like a tourist attraction rather than a profound social failure.)

So the New Deal lifted up white people and intentionally left black people behind. That wasn't good.

As for Asians.. um, Asians were largely PROHIBITED from emigrating here until the 1960's. The reason why most big cities have a Chinatown was that they were brought in as railroad workers.

As for Crime... the thing there was that when we finally did start letting more Asians come over, we either invited the affluent ones with technical skills, or we subsidized their immigration (like the various refugees from SE Asia we took in.) .

Because of institutionalized racism and only if you don't count entitlements as welfare, which they are.

Because of instituitonalized racism.

Heritage Foundation is full of shit, tricking stupid white people since 1973

Well, we know you are really scared since Jamal stuffed you into that locker. You must be a very frightened little man.
I would like to see statistics comparing the crime rates of Jews and Orientals during the 1920's with those of Negroes now.

I have already posted this. Read it this time.

---------

Poverty and Crime

The notion that economic deprivation necessarily leads to lawlessness is widely believed but is not supported by empirical evidence. Human history is replete with examples of impoverished people—of all racial and ethnic backgrounds—who have endured extreme poverty without descending into criminal activity. During the 1960s, for instance, the residents of San Francisco’s Chinatown were among America’s poorest people—with the most unemployment, the worst housing conditions, the least education, and the highest rate of tuberculosis in their city. Yet despite such hardships, only five people of Chinese ancestry went to jail in the entire state of California in 1965.[1]

Similarly, Jewish immigrants to America during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries also repudiated criminality despite having to face extreme economic deprivation. Historian Max Dimont describes them:

“The majority of these immigrants had arrived penniless, all their worldly belongings wrapped in a bundle…. Most of [them] arrived in New York. Some made their way into other cities,… but the majority remained in New York, settling in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, [which was] a neighborhood of the poor. Sociologists, with their impressive charts showing the number of toilets (or lack of the), the number of people per room, the low per capita income, paint a dismal picture of the Lower East Side Jewish slum. But their charts do not capture its uniqueness. Though it bred tuberculosis and rheumatism, it did not breed crime and venereal disease. It did not spawn illiteracy, illegitimate children, or deserted wives. Library cards were in constant use.”[2]

Footnotes:​

1. James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein, Crime and Human Nature (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1985), p. 473.
  2. Max I. Dimont, Jews, God, and History (New York: Penguin USA, 1994), pp. 373-374. (This book was originally published in 1962.)
  3. Discover the Networks

---------

Blacks re not poor because of racism. They are poor because of this:

bellcurve5.jpg

You can't stop thinking about Jamal. I have never known anyone named Jamal, but I am confident he does not know who his father is. I doubt his mother knows.

I would like to see statistics comparing the crime rates of Jews and Orientals during the 1920's with those of Negroes now.

---------

Poverty and Crime

The notion that economic deprivation necessarily leads to lawlessness is widely believed but is not supported by empirical evidence. Human history is replete with examples of impoverished people—of all racial and ethnic backgrounds—who have endured extreme poverty without descending into criminal activity. During the 1960s, for instance, the residents of San Francisco’s Chinatown were among America’s poorest people—with the most unemployment, the worst housing conditions, the least education, and the highest rate of tuberculosis in their city. Yet despite such hardships, only five people of Chinese ancestry went to jail in the entire state of California in 1965.[1]

Similarly, Jewish immigrants to America during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries also repudiated criminality despite having to face extreme economic deprivation. Historian Max Dimont describes them:

Footnotes:​

1. James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein, Crime and Human Nature (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1985), p. 473.
  2. Max I. Dimont, Jews, God, and History (New York: Penguin USA, 1994), pp. 373-374. (This book was originally published in 1962.)

3. Discover the Networks

---------

Blacks re not poor because of racism. They are poor because of this:

View attachment 804568

You can't stop thinking about Jamal. I have never known anyone named Jamal, but I am confident he does not know who his father is. I doubt his mother knows.
Found an article that shows one cannot blame poverty for crime. In NYC, 23% of the Asian population lives in poverty compared to 19% of blacks - yet the crime rate is much lower among Asians, the more impoverished group.

Hector12

There’s another difference between crime among Jews and crime among blacks - besides of course the much lower rate of the former. On the rare occasion a Jew commits a notorious crime, we in the Jewish community are appalled. I remember the hand-wringing over Madoff. And Son of Sam? We were horrified (although to be fair, he was a very mentally ill person).

We do NOT make excuses. We don’t blame antisemitism here in this country*, or the fact that our ancestors were murdered in the Holocaust, or the lack of funding in the schools.

Blacks need to stop making excuses for their high crime and illegitimacy rates and always blaming the white man. Until they can take responsibility for it, rather than seek to go soft on thugs because….hey….it’s racism’s fault….these problems will continue to exist.

*A Jew is more than twice as likely to be a victim of a hate crime than a black.

Found an article that shows one cannot blame poverty for crime. In NYC, 23% of the Asian population lives in poverty compared to 19% of blacks - yet the crime rate is much lower among Asians, the more impoverished group.

Blacks are often poor because of gene alleles that influence intelligence.

They have high crime rates because of another set of gene alleles, those influencing impulse control and empathy.

Races that have low crime rates, like whites and Orientals, have practiced civilization the longest. When the criminal justice system was as harsh as it needs to be criminals usually were killed at the scene of the crime, they died in custody, or they were executed. There was no effort at rehabilitation. it is rarely effecting. The few children some criminals had rarely reached adulthood, because there was no welfare system.

Thus crime gene alleles were removed from the gene pools of Orientals and whites.

On the other hand, characteristics that enabled the ancestors of Negroes to thrive in the tribal environments of sub Saharan Africa cause many to earn felony convictions in civilized countries.

Facts persist.
Bigotries fade.

All you have is bigotry.
Whose financial responsibility is that baby?
The state. Why not?
When I am insulted I know I have won the argument. Insults and name calling are the lowest form of discourse.
Actually, you get insulted a lot because you are human excrement.

My racism consists of my insistence on evaluating Negroes using the same criteria I use in evaluating whites. My standards are mild. If a Negro lacks felony convictions and illegitimate children that is all I require. If in addition, the Negro is intelligent, and some are, that is better.

Except most black people don't have felony convictions, and unlike you, they are getting laid.

Pick up a history book. Crime was rampant in the 1920's. It pretty much replaced actual government in Chicago. It's why we actually imposed gun control laws in the 1930's, crime was so bad.

Of course, Asians were largely banned from Immigrating to the US in the 1920's.

That's how feared Asians were... we banned them from the country until after WWII.

It's still garbage.

Here's the difference. Asians avoided crime because committing even a petty crime could GET THEM DEPORTED. But they were banned for decades because they were seen as a a criminal element.

Again, big problem. If you get caught committing a crime as an immigrant, you can get deported back to where you came from.

They are poor because of 400 years of racial oppression.

Slavery
Jim Crow
Miscengation Laws
Separate but equal
Sundown laws
Debt Peonage
Voter suppression
Excuses. Excuses. I made excused for those people when I was a child, a teenager, and a young adult. Then I got tired of making excuses. Now I am tired of hearing excuses. Where is there evidence that the Negro race, collectively speaking, is intrinsically equal to the white race? There is none because it is not. Charles Murray and Professor J. Philippe Rushton have gathered fact after brutal punishing fact that the pre civil rights consensus about them is scientifically valid. That is why you want them to be suppressed. You can't handle the truth.

You claim to be against the Nazis, but you are in favor of Nazi thought control and censorship. That is because you know that what you pretend to believe cannot stand critical scrutiny.

Last edited:
The state. Why not?
Because children are the responsibility of their parents. Responsible married couples should not be taxed to pay for the illegitimate children of irresponsible, crime prone, and usually biologically inferior people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back