Let's talk about guns

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Pros of empowering citizenry to keep and bear arms anywhere they go:

-Criminals deterred from the planned crime out of fear of retaliation and being killed.
-If criminal decides he is not afraid of dying, someone will quickly and efficiently eliminate them.

Cons: of empowering citizenry to keep and bear arms anywhere they go:
-Yes, someone trying to be a hero MIGHT be a bad shot. Maybe.

Feel free to add your own pro and/or con to the list and I will add them via edit. Emotional hyperbole or conjecture will NOT be added.

Last edited:
Pro: The gun control debate is over.

Cons: The gun control debate is over and Cons are sore winners.

Is not over, you want to ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

I don't want to ban anything, just point your rocket launchers and .50 cals elsewhere.

Good. Obama needs to come out and say he isn't going to try ban anything.

Change his tune from earlier in his tenure.

He already has but you didn't believe him, the right won the gun control issue so it no longer has anything to fear from anyone, we just have to live with it now. There is no longer such a thing as an anti-gun lobby but there damned sure is a pro-gun lobby, why is that? The war is over, no reason for any law abiding american to fear not being able to purchase and bear arms.

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people. If suddenly there was a rash of murders all committed with hammers, would you want to ban all hammers?

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people. If suddenly there was a rash of murders all committed with hammers, would you want to ban all hammers?

Yeah................especially idiots with access to buy shotguns, AR-15 assault weapons, and 2 Glock pistols.

And...........if you've got full body armor as in vest, neck guard, crotch guard, and leg guards, you can go into a theater during a movie midnight premier and shoot 71 people, killing 12 like what happened last night.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons. I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."

Atty General Holder 2009

Yeah................especially idiots with access to buy shotguns, AR-15 assault weapons, and 2 Glock pistols.

And...........if you've got full body armor as in vest, neck guard, crotch guard, and leg guards, you can go into a theater during a movie midnight premier and shoot 71 people, killing 12 like what happened last night.

Definately the inanimate object's fault.

guns...

pros: their fun to shoot....deer tastes good and is lean, healthy source of protein.

cons: bullet holes hurt, especially from paranoid idiots who think their husbands and wives are intruders...they leave their weapons unsecured and Jr blows his or a friend of his' head off...tough guy wanna be shoots his neighbor for playing his music too loud then claims "stand your ground", some fucking whacko shoots up a movie theater, some fucking whacko shoots up an Army base, some fucking whacko shoots up a meet and greet with an Arizona congresswoman.....you get the idea...

how about this? would THIS infringe upon anyone's second Amendment rights? Make it MANDATORY that all guns be locked the fuck up in a gun safe or a nightstand safe when not on the range or in use.

that, and comprehensive psychological exams...because it's the fucking whackos that seem to be the common denominator in most of these incidents.

There has to be some reasonable limits on weapons but unfortunately there can be no reasonable discussion on the matter. You cannot even get agreement on things that seem simple like keeping guns out of the reach of children, the insane or felons.

guns...

pros: their fun to shoot....deer tastes good and is lean, healthy source of protein.

cons: bullet holes hurt, especially from paranoid idiots who think their husbands and wives are intruders...they leave their weapons unsecured and Jr blows his or a friend of his' head off...tough guy wanna be shoots his neighbor for playing his music too loud then claims "stand your ground", some fucking whacko shoots up a movie theater, some fucking whacko shoots up an Army base, some fucking whacko shoots up a meet and greet with an Arizona congresswoman.....you get the idea...

how about this? would THIS infringe upon anyone's second Amendment rights? Make it MANDATORY that all guns be locked the fuck up in a gun safe or a nightstand safe when not on the range or in use.

that, and comprehensive psychological exams...because it's the fucking whackos that seem to be the common denominator in most of these incidents.

Frankly, I really don't care about the 2nd amendment. I don't think the intent of that was so I could have all the guns I wanted. OTOH, I don't think it is anyone's business but mine how many guns I have or how I keep them. If I harm someone else as a result of my guns, then you can hold me accountable. Otherwise, I would prefer folks mind their own business.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back