Colorado: Think it Through!

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by taichiliberal, Jul 21, 2012.

1. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Well, here we go again. Another nut job in Colorado goes on a planned killing spree with a personal arsenal he easily and legally obtained. Pro-gun control and NRA pundits once again fill the internet, radio, television and print media with the old argument: just how many guns are necessary to obtain total personal protection?

The one aspect of all this has always fascinated me: The idea of allowing any law abiding citizen to qualify and carry a concealed weapon anywhere and everywhere in the U.S.A.

You already had some local ex-politician suggest that if you had a few people strapped via a CWP (concealed weapon permit) in that theatre, this tragedy may have had fewer lives lost.

Now let's think that one through: the perpetraitor comes into a dark theatre lit only by the big screen, hurls smoke bombs and then opens fire with a semi-automatic. Panic ensues....people screaming, hiding, running, choking. Now let's add to the mix some CWP citizen brandishing his/her weapon while trying to get a bead on the perpetraitor for a clear shot. Maybe they get jumped and beaten by panicked patrons thinking this person is in league with the killer...maybe the CWP person fires off a few rounds and accidently hits people trying to flee...or maybe the CWP person actually hits and kills the perpetraitor, only to be shot by the police who show up at the scene with very little description, or they get beaten to near death by panicked patrons who literally don't know which end is up.

Bottom line: yes, across the country you've had some incidences where a CWP has stopped a crime....that's a rarity and a specific set of circumstances. Having a population strapped 24/7 like the Old West would NOT have bode well at Columbine, or Virginia Tech...and damned near got the hero of the Arizona shooting killed!

Does this mean we take away everyone's guns? Nope. Does this mean we severely limit weapons to a select few? Nope. But this does mean that we have to take some simple steps to make sure that any joker without a rap sheet can load up for WW3 or some sick Turner Diary fantasy.

Just think it through folks.

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,656
    Hey! I hate to burst your bubble cause it was a good speech.. but the stats show that a criminal always has access to weapons.

3. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,183
    If you look at all the mass and serial killers over the last 400 years you'll find one common factor.

All of them were human.

Obviously we must outlaw reproduction; only then can these crimes be prevented.

Simple enough; an executive powerful enough to force you to buy a commercial product is surely sufficiently powerful to make sterilization compulsory (but tax NOT being sterilized as a first step).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,021
    The problem is this guy didn't have a rap sheet they followed the rules ran a background check on him the only thing he had was one speeding ticket.

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    If I think this through I end up with the conclusion that you think we should do exactly what we are doing. Why make a post about how dumb people are if you don't want to change anything?

6. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    op makes sense so of course, the rw's will ignore that in favor of silly nonsense like, "we should outlaw cars since cares kill people".

My question is, why must ANY person be able to buy tear gas canisters and assault weapons? Hunting? Self defense?

how is tear gas used for self defense? If there's a bad guy outside your door, do you just throw the tear gas outside at him?

Problem is, we've let the gun lobby own us.

No one is trying to take anyone's gun away from them. I also own guns. BUT, say one word about gun shows being a criminal's supermarket or, as I said, assault weapons and tear gas, and you get the ghost of Charlton Heston screeching at congress.

And, as we've seen, rw's really really really REALLY want to believe that President Obama is after their guns and their bibles. Its horseshit of course and they know that but ole lushbo, whose fat ass just barely fits into the hip pocket of the NRA started a great little Chicken Little scare and made the gun makers damn happy. Then of course, lil glenny beck got into the act and gun sales went through the roof.

Sad and sappy but the R's are just hoping, waiting, wishing for a Dem so say something really radical - like - maybe gun shows shouldn't be able to sell to any felon who walks into the tent.

kHate to think what froot loops like Alan West would use that for. For my part, I'm sick of watching these rw liars step over the dead bodies of children to pimp for the next election.

7. taichiliberal

taichiliberal BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    And your point is what? Because statistics also show that criminals obtain more guns from states with lesser or lax gun laws (i.e., a slew of gun related crimes in NYC have been committed with weapons obtained from states like Virginia).

Like I said, think it through.

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Every time something happens you people want to take away the rights of the law abiding citizens..

and you think I meant the car thing as a joke? you take away guns, tear gas, etc... crazy people will ALWAYS find something else just as destructive..my gawd some of you people hate freedom

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  9. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    It makes sense to complain that people want guns, and that we should institute measures to make sure felons don't buy guns when that is exactly the system we have? To who?

Why shouldn't people be able to buy tear gas?

What type of weapon do you get if you don't buy an assault weapon?

Like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCeUSjVkixk]Outlawed Tear Gas Pepper Spray Combo - YouTube[/ame]

Unless you have a mouse in your pocket we haven't done any such thing.

Strangely enough, there is no evidence this guy ever went to a gun show, how would outlawing gun shows have made a difference?

Yep, we are all running around complaining about that every second of every day.

Strangely enough, gun shows can't sell to any felon that walks into the tent.

So, you hate to see people lying, yet you haven't actually told the truth.

10. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I bet they show no such thing.