Let's talk about guns

Let's talk about guns

Silly me – I though this would be a fun thread for a change; guess no one wants to hear about the new scope for my rifle.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons. I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."

Atty General Holder 2009

And?

Can the AG or president pass laws? Is there a new AWB pending in Congress?

Even if a new AWB were passed by Congress and signed into law, it would be invalidated per Heller.

‘Gun control’ is a non-issue.

My primary purpose for carrying is to protect self and family. My reason for owning 10 or so firearms of various calibers and styles is hobby. I don't golf, go to bars, restore antiques, or otherwise so I shoot and tinker with firearms.

I do not have a problem with background checks which I go through several times a year when I make a firearms purchase. The OK always comes back quick as I am squeeky clean.

Usually the people who commit crimes with firearms have obtained them illegally but the massacre today and similar ones brings guns and owners back in focus and puts us in a bad light. i actually go out of my way to stay out of situations while carrying. The decision to pull the trigger changes ones life forever.

My "fear" of Obama in a second term is what he and his Cabinet and czars will do in the form of taxes and regulations through the various agencies. This goes for weapons, ammo, coal, fossil fuel, the air we breath, whatever.

And finally, an AR-15 is not an assault rifle. AR does not stand for assault rifle.

Check this out. ArmaLite Inc

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people. If suddenly there was a rash of murders all committed with hammers, would you want to ban all hammers?

The problem with hammers is, it requires some guts and some skill to kill another person using a hammer.
When street hooligans are dumb enough to try and mug people at the point of a hammer, you come get us.

I would love to hear about your scope.

I have an EOtech on my AR. l
Let's talk about guns

Silly me – I though this would be a fun thread for a change; guess no one wants to hear about the new scope for my rifle.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons. I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum."

Atty General Holder 2009

And?

Can the AG or president pass laws? Is there a new AWB pending in Congress?

Even if a new AWB were passed by Congress and signed into law, it would be invalidated per Heller.

‘Gun control’ is a non-issue.

+10000
my primary purpose for carrying is to protect self and family. My reason for owning 10 or so firearms of various calibers and styles is hobby. I don't golf, go to bars, restore antiques, or otherwise so i shoot and tinker with firearms.

I do not have a problem with background checks which i go through several times a year when i make a firearms purchase. The ok always comes back quick as i am squeeky clean.

Usually the people who commit crimes with firearms have obtained them illegally but the massacre today and similar ones brings guns and owners back in focus and puts us in a bad light. I actually go out of my way to stay out of situations while carrying. The decision to pull the trigger changes ones life forever.

My "fear" of obama in a second term is what he and his cabinet and czars will do in the form of taxes and regulations through the various agencies. This goes for weapons, ammo, coal, fossil fuel, the air we breath, whatever.

And finally, an ar-15 is not an assault rifle. Ar does not stand for assault rifle.

Check this out. armalite inc

guns...

pros: their fun to shoot....deer tastes good and is lean, healthy source of protein.

cons: bullet holes hurt, especially from paranoid idiots who think their husbands and wives are intruders...they leave their weapons unsecured and Jr blows his or a friend of his' head off...tough guy wanna be shoots his neighbor for playing his music too loud then claims "stand your ground", some fucking whacko shoots up a movie theater, some fucking whacko shoots up an Army base, some fucking whacko shoots up a meet and greet with an Arizona congresswoman.....you get the idea...

how about this? would THIS infringe upon anyone's second Amendment rights? Make it MANDATORY that all guns be locked the fuck up in a gun safe or a nightstand safe when not on the range or in use.

that, and comprehensive psychological exams...because it's the fucking whackos that seem to be the common denominator in most of these incidents.

Frankly, I really don't care about the 2nd amendment. I don't think the intent of that was so I could have all the guns I wanted. OTOH, I don't think it is anyone's business but mine how many guns I have or how I keep them. If I harm someone else as a result of my guns, then you can hold me accountable. Otherwise, I would prefer folks mind their own business.

Ya know what, if you mind your own business no one will know how many or what type of firearm you possess.

The gun control I support is to deny the ability to own, possess, have in their custody or control any firearm by anyone convicted of any crime of violence, domestic violence or DUI, any felony and anyone detained as a danger to themselves or others.

Anyone who illegally owns, possess, or has in his/her custody or control - and anyone who provides a firearm to them - should be culpable of a felony - and if convicted be placed in prison for no less than one year and one day and fined the amount it costs for their confinement. Of course with a felony conviction they would never be allowd to own, possess, etc a firearm. Second and subesquent convictions would include lifetime parole after serving not less than five years in a prison and they will pay the cost for their incareration.

If y'all are serious about gun control let's see the prosecution of the Attorney General for authorizing the shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and his responsibility in the murder of a US Border Patrol agent.

James Madison in Federalist 46:
"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it."

Last edited:
Pro: The gun control debate is over.

Cons: The gun control debate is over and Cons are sore winners.
YOu do know any guns laws that in place will not stop the criminals. They will find a way to get them.. The only people you are hurting is law abiding citizens and hunters .. Just saYING

There has to be some reasonable limits on weapons but unfortunately there can be no reasonable discussion on the matter. You cannot even get agreement on things that seem simple like keeping guns out of the reach of children, the insane or felons.

Sure you can.

Those things are already illegal under Federal and State Law.

Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people. If suddenly there was a rash of murders all committed with hammers, would you want to ban all hammers?

Hammers aren't specifically designed for the purpose of killing people.

Guns are.

And when you have a crazy person like James Holmes who apparently can walk into a gun store and walk out with an AR-15, a shot gun and a couple of Glocks, something is seriously wrong with that.

IF the presence of a well armed civilian population was going to prevent gun crimes, the USA would ALREADY be one of the most law abiding places in the world.

Is it?

i grew up in a home where there was a gun within reach at all times.....i didnt realize this was abnormal till i was in my early twenties.....i still have guns....granted not everywhere like my father enjoyed them...but close enough...my father was a liberal democrat and i am a liberal democrat....gun ownership is a right....i have the right to protect myself...simple as that....when my son was a child...we had trigger locks on all the guns....i was glad when he was given his first rifle at the age of 12 which is considered a little late in the south....i can remember the first time i entered a household without guns....it was odd to me...and i was in my 20's

that gun is your friend when you need it....remember the simple rules...all guns are loaded....when you point a gun at a man....kill him....no wounding shots....and know when you are willing to kill

guns...

pros: their fun to shoot....deer tastes good and is lean, healthy source of protein.

cons: bullet holes hurt, especially from paranoid idiots who think their husbands and wives are intruders...they leave their weapons unsecured and Jr blows his or a friend of his' head off...tough guy wanna be shoots his neighbor for playing his music too loud then claims "stand your ground", some fucking whacko shoots up a movie theater, some fucking whacko shoots up an Army base, some fucking whacko shoots up a meet and greet with an Arizona congresswoman.....you get the idea...

how about this? would THIS infringe upon anyone's second Amendment rights? Make it MANDATORY that all guns be locked the fuck up in a gun safe or a nightstand safe when not on the range or in use.

that, and comprehensive psychological exams...because it's the fucking whackos that seem to be the common denominator in most of these incidents.

Frankly, I really don't care about the 2nd amendment. I don't think the intent of that was so I could have all the guns I wanted. OTOH, I don't think it is anyone's business but mine how many guns I have or how I keep them. If I harm someone else as a result of my guns, then you can hold me accountable. Otherwise, I would prefer folks mind their own business.

Ya know what, if you mind your own business no one will know how many or what type of firearm you possess.

The gun control I support is to deny the ability to own, possess, have in their custody or control any firearm by anyone convicted of any crime of violence, domestic violence or DUI, any felony and anyone detained as a danger to themselves or others.

Anyone who illegally owns, possess, or has in his/her custody or control - and anyone who provides a firearm to them - should be culpable of a felony - and if convicted be placed in prison for no less than one year and one day and fined the amount it costs for their confinement. Of course with a felony conviction they would never be allowd to own, possess, etc a firearm. Second and subesquent convictions would include lifetime parole after serving not less than five years in a prison and they will pay the cost for their incareration.

Certainly there must be limits. None of us live in a vacuum. People seem to forget that the 2nd amendment doesn't talk about guns - it talks about arms. A thermonuclear weapon falls under the category of "arms". Further, the 2nd amendment is about a well regulated militia, which gives the power to the state to regulate. So I have no problem with the state doing that.

If I present a clear danger to my neighbor, what I do is my neighbor's business. He has a right to prevent me from storing explosives in my garage next to where his children play. Thus the state has the right to control that.

It is when restrictions are applied to me not on the basis of a clear danger but some general notion of restricting me that I think it goes too far. A law that says I can't buy more than one gun in a month, for example. A law which requires me to lock up my guns in a safe or use trigger locks is another.

i grew up in a home where there was a gun within reach at all times.....i didnt realize this was abnormal till i was in my early twenties.....i still have guns....granted not everywhere like my father enjoyed them...but close enough...my father was a liberal democrat and i am a liberal democrat....gun ownership is a right....i have the right to protect myself...simple as that....when my son was a child...we had trigger locks on all the guns....i was glad when he was given his first rifle at the age of 12 which is considered a little late in the south....i can remember the first time i entered a household without guns....it was odd to me...and i was in my 20's

Great post. When my kids were in the 1st and 3rd grades, I sold my arsenal. I had been keeping my firearms out of reach and even unloaded, plus I trusted my kids to leave them alone. The reasons for the sell-off are: (1) we were stationed in Florida and there was a rash of kids in the state dying from their parents' guns, (2) our house was the go-to house for the neighborhood kids and shuddered at the thought of another kid dying from my guns, and (3) a former shipmate's son was shot and killed with his loaded shotgun.

They are now grown and go shooting with my wife and me on occasion. I have 10 or so firearms of differnt calibers throughout the house and most are loaded and ready to use as intended.

IF the presence of a well armed civilian population was going to prevent gun crimes, the USA would ALREADY be one of the most law abiding places in the world.

Is it?

That's about like comparing the US systems of education and health care to other countries. Our freedoms, diversity, and differences keep us from being like any other place on Earth, thank God.

Most places places in the USA are populated by law abiding citizens. Mid-America Main Street and your lily-white neighborhood in Maine I bet have a low crime rate. The presence or absence of guns is not what makes the population break the law.

Pro . with them I can defend my family

Con. Without them fascist progressives make slaves of my family....

I am not weak and ruled by fear of one crazy sick fuck who wanted to be famous....Thats what the death penalty is for.

Forum List

Back