Let's say the Republicans take the Senate

It's already over for the Democrats. There party is toast for a good 8 years. They elected their leader that fucked them in the ass.

Eight years?

What empirical evidence do you have of this?

Precisely?

I'm a political genius did you miss my introduction post? I know way too much. I'm always right. This president screwed his party this year and 2016 is already over with we are going to win that too.

Also, election fraud by the dems won't be a factor so you guys can quit talking about that. It's going to be a rout. I would not want to be the democrat running in 2016. That's for damn sure.

When we look back on Obama's presidency we will see zero accomplishment, zero progress, and one of the most irrelevant Presidency's in the history of our nation. The only thing that will be gained by it is that Liberals policy's don't work and hurt really really badly.

It's already over for the Democrats. There party is toast for a good 8 years. They elected their leader that fucked them in the ass.

Eight years?

Precisely?

I'm a political genius did you miss my introduction post? I know way too much. I'm always right. This president screwed his party this year and 2016 is already over with we are going to win that too.

Also, election fraud by the dems won't be a factor so you guys can quit talking about that. It's going to be a rout. I would not want to be the democrat running in 2016. That's for damn sure.

When we look back on Obama's presidency we will see zero accomplishment, zero progress, and one of the most irrelevant Presidency's in the history of our nation. The only thing that will be gained by it is that Liberals policy's don't work and hurt really really badly.

So I guess I'm not gonna get any of that empirical evidence.

Are you Mark Levin?

Forget that. That was prior to the TEA party. By June of next year, I think Obama's approval rating is 10 to 20 points higher if he vetoes these bills. You never look stronger than you do after you've slapped down the opposition.

Key stone may pass because he left himself an out on it.

That's my guess as to what he's thinking.

If the Congress approves some hardcore, Tea Party-fueled stuff, he can point at it, say "holy shit, look at THAT" and veto it.

The more moderate members of the party had better be careful here, and the party had better be cautious about what it wishes for.

The problem with having the football is that you're expected to score. When you can't...two things happen.

First...the opposition looks stronger. Not good when there is a six month window between now and the '16 election season kick off.

Two...if you don't aim high and try to flex your new found muscles...your own backers begin to wonder if the coach is trying. So Boehner had better watch his flank.

On the plus side is that the GOP can throttle the engine and decide what to push and what to save for an issue. They can also recraft legislation to appear more mainstream.

I'm harboring a morbid curiosity about how the TP-approved new senators would behave on votes.

If they have control, would they stick to their guns to please their base, or would they moderate, knowing that going too far would hurt them?

I guess we'll see.

I think unconsciously you perpetuate the propaganda of the DNC. The right wing has not moved drastically right the left wing has swung far left in comparison. Where has the right wing won any battles in the last 8 years? Where have they tried to reverse long standing law to conform to their view?

So to keep saying that the right wing is radicalized is BS. Standing for marriage, government accountability and the principles of the Tea Party are not radical they are needed. Don't be weighed down with left wing propaganda. THEY are the ones driving us to a world in which we won't recognize. THEY are the radicals.

I think it was a domino effect.

The Tea Partiers and Libertarians pushed the GOP to the right with their rabid absolutism. I don't think it's a secret that the party essentially split in two, with the TP/L side having more energy and influence. Holy crap, Republicans have been going after each other as much as they have been going after Democrats since the advent of the Tea Party.

That emboldened the Democrats to move left. They jumped on the madness that was happening to the GOP and were able to say "See? Look at that! LOOK AT WHAT THEY'RE SAYING. They want to abolish Social Security and Medicare and taxes and government and holy crap roads and bridges and corporations are evil and they want you dead and 47% and AAAUUUUGGHHH!"

Fucking insanity from both parties. But to add to that, the GOP somehow managed to lose to a terribly flawed incumbent President in 2012. Why? Because they are perceived as being NUTS.

The party STILL refuses - proudly, no less, holy shit - to provide the American people with a clear and inspiring reason to vote for them. Instead, what is the public seeing? "Shut down the government, freeloaders, take away health care, Obama is a Kenyan, Obama plays too much golf, Obama is a communist, shut down the government, freedom,liberty, shut down the government, Ebola". Wow, that really fires me up to vote GOP.

The absolutists in the GOP have done the party, and the country, net harm.

It doesn't take much of an imagination to see where some were dragging the Republican party. Take for clear example the nomination of McCain and Romney. Seriously can you even imagine them being close to main stream Republicans? No they were swinging the political spectrum to the left and tearing the Republican party in half. Those who steadfastly held to the principles of the Republican party were said to be radicals were said to be moving the party to the right when all along the party was moving to the left trying to counter the swing by the Democrats. It was a losing proposition and McCain and Romney championed it.

DADT, Gay Marriage, illegal immigration, the federal government having a hand in our health care, the number of people dropping out of the work force, the limp wrisked foreign policies, abortion and out of control debt has ALWAYS been opposed by the same people that are now called radical for holding the SAME stand they have for YEARS.

The internal fighting you see is NOT because there are those trying to move the party to the right it is over those who are trying to move the party to the left. And I applaud the democrats for convincing obviously intelligent people that it those who stick to their beliefs who are crazy.

As for a clear message. I have three links in my signature line have you bothered to look at any one of them? If not how would you like the message delivered to you?

Last edited:
The GOP doesn't need both houses in order to do what they want to do.

The Conspiracy to Commit Legislative Constipation Vanity Fair

More political BS. What major, or minor, initiative did Obama NOT get? The stimulus? Wall Street reform? Obamacare? End to the war in Iraq? The only thing that he didn't get is immigration reform and I don't see that happening on his terms and I am damn glad.

Is it your contention that he GOP.....especially those who attended the meeting at The Caucus Room that night.....have acted in good faith toward the president and performed their duties in congress with a spirit of cooperation with the WH?

Eight years?

Precisely?

So I guess I'm not gonna get any of that empirical evidence.

Are you Mark Levin?

Natural gas = Mark Levin? Nope. Natural gas is that smelly rotten eggs odor that gas companies use so that you can smell a leak. And everything I have read from NG smells like rotten eggs. Or bullshit. He is leaking all over the place.

Well legislation that is passed without a single opposition party vote,not one,doesn't speak well for its longevity,no matter how far it reaches into our lives.
ACA is not going anywhere except getting better, bigreb.

It will be still going strong long after your gone.

More political BS. What major, or minor, initiative did Obama NOT get? The stimulus? Wall Street reform? Obamacare? End to the war in Iraq? The only thing that he didn't get is immigration reform and I don't see that happening on his terms and I am damn glad.

Is it your contention that he GOP.....especially those who attended the meeting at The Caucus Room that night.....have acted in good faith toward the president and performed their duties in congress with a spirit of cooperation with the WH?

Let's see, you posted approximately 50 words yet not one tells us of what initiative Obama didn't get. Or what bit of legislation not passed that would have made a damn bit of difference. But stick to the narrative I have to admit it is effective.

Is it your contention that what you call "acting in good faith" is not normal politics? For example when Kerry said he was for the war before he was against it, is that acting in good faith?

When Gingrich asked the American people to give the GOP a majority in Congress, he heaved a Contract for America onto the table and said he would make it happen in the first 100 days.

And everyone heard about it. The words "Contract for America" are still familiar to many Americans.

Love him or hate him, THAT is what leadership looks like.

Today? The GOP is afraid of its own shadow. They would die if asked to step up and commit to any kind of plan. It is way easier for a coward to attack the other guy than it is to grow a spine and actually offer solutions to our problems.

So what will happen? The GOP will flop and flounder and whine. Just like they do now.

Where is the GOP's Contract for America today? Huh? How come nobody has heard of it?

That's why we have topics like this one. If the GOP had balls, you wouldn't even have to ask what they would do. Everyone would already know.

gingrich's contract on America and government shutdown threats cost the GOP the congress.

that is not leadership. that is recklessness.

if the GOP gets the senate, they will do what the GOP ALWAYS does and pass theocratic wingnut bills that have nothing to do with strengthening the economy or our national interests.

and the president will veto everything they do. and they will sit their looking stupid.

and a new president will be elected in 2016 and the wingers will be tossed for being nuts..... again.

Well legislation that is passed without a single opposition party vote,not one,doesn't speak well for its longevity,no matter how far it reaches into our lives.
ACA is not going anywhere except getting better, bigreb.

It will be still going strong long after your gone.

as I recall, no bill was put on the floor of the senate when trent lott was majority leader unless it would pass without any democratic votes. Boehner is doing the same thing now in congress, regardless of the popularity of certain measures nationally. if it can't get past the rightwingnutbrigade, it usually doesn't get to a vote.

Let's see, you posted approximately 50 words yet not one tells us of what initiative Obama didn't get. Or what bit of legislation not passed that would have made a damn bit of difference. But stick to the narrative I have to admit it is effective.

Is it your contention that what you call "acting in good faith" is not normal politics? For example when Kerry said he was for the war before he was against it, is that acting in good faith?

Acting in good faith is normal politics. Threatening shutdowns...forcing a shutdown....fucking around with the debt limit and harming the nations credit rating....lying about policy......are not normal.

You've avoided my question. That is normal USMB nutter behavior.

When Gingrich asked the American people to give the GOP a majority in Congress, he heaved a Contract for America onto the table and said he would make it happen in the first 100 days.

And everyone heard about it. The words "Contract for America" are still familiar to many Americans.

Love him or hate him, THAT is what leadership looks like.

Today? The GOP is afraid of its own shadow. They would die if asked to step up and commit to any kind of plan. It is way easier for a coward to attack the other guy than it is to grow a spine and actually offer solutions to our problems.

So what will happen? The GOP will flop and flounder and whine. Just like they do now.

Where is the GOP's Contract for America today? Huh? How come nobody has heard of it?

That's why we have topics like this one. If the GOP had balls, you wouldn't even have to ask what they would do. Everyone would already know.

gingrich's contract on America and government shutdown threats cost the GOP the congress.

that is not leadership. that is recklessness.

if the GOP gets the senate, they will do what the GOP ALWAYS does and pass theocratic wingnut bills that have nothing to do with strengthening the economy or our national interests.

and the president will veto everything they do. and they will sit their looking stupid.

and a new president will be elected in 2016 and the wingers will be tossed for being nuts..... again.

Could you please do one of two things for us? One, please present your evidence that when in control of Congress Republicans always pass, "theocratic wingnut bills." Or STFU?

Last edited:

Acting in good faith is normal politics. Threatening shutdowns...forcing a shutdown....fucking around with the debt limit and harming the nations credit rating....lying about policy......are not normal.

That normal behavior has gotten us where? Getting change real change isn't going to happen without some pain,we have gone bit far around the bend for it not to be so.
The same old same old isn't working rel well.

So I take it you like the direction the country is heading. I assume that you like huge debt being piled upon our children. I further assume that you hate anyone who stands against such damage done to our country. What is not understandable is how you can blame anyone other then the party in power, simply amazing. The shutdown was media hype more propaganda used by the Obama adminstration and the liberal left. It effected almost no one except those Obama tried to hurt by shutting down some monuments. THAT is how Obama gets along.

Sorry, if I don't respond to a article critical of the RNC or at least a party held by Republicans as reported by a left winger.

As I said post what he didn't get, deal with facts.

Bills that Harry ignores will get put to vote.
Bills will get passed and sent to Obama. He can then veto and chance pissing off the people and insuring a republican presidency.
Or he will sign and things might improve. Like they did under Clinton.

Agreed, and there is a very slight possibility that Obama will learn that his job is to talk to and work with the lawmakers and influence their legislation. The part of governing that I will give you this if you give me that. The only real power any President has is the power of persuasion. Nah, I lost my head and was talking about what a real President would do.

First shots were fired by GOP... While he was getting sworn in they were talking about being uncooperative...

Freewill and chken, you have been reminded of how Lott and Boehner ran and runs things, so no you don't get "just once more" because you know already what is the evidence.

Either we get our GOP under normal mgt and common sense thinking or the Dems are going to blow us up in 2016 in historic proportions.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Republican. There are creatures that firmly believe they can be two diametrically opposed things at the same time but in reality are neither.

Just closeted Democrats.

I disagree. The extremes on the right and the left are equally bad for the country. The far left is in control now, the far right would be no better. The difference is that most democrats are far left and very few republicans are far right.

Don't believe jake's BS. The "far," for lack of a better term, right is the anchor point of the political atmosphere we find the country. The far left is the one sailing away from center thus distorting what can even be considered moderate. Thus people like Jake think that the right is moving when in fact it is him and his ilk.

Think about, what long standing law, tradition or anything else has the right wing tried to change?

yes, I know but its fun to make them look like fools.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Republican. There are creatures that firmly believe they can be two diametrically opposed things at the same time but in reality are neither.

Just closeted Democrats.

I disagree. The extremes on the right and the left are equally bad for the country. The far left is in control now, the far right would be no better. The difference is that most democrats are far left and very few republicans are far right.

Don't believe jake's BS. The "far," for lack of a better term, right is the anchor point of the political atmosphere we find the country. The far left is the one sailing away from center thus distorting what can even be considered moderate. Thus people like Jake think that the right is moving when in fact it is him and his ilk.

Think about, what long standing law, tradition or anything else has the right wing tried to change?

Oh, how silly. The far right is the out house of the GOP and the garbage dump for the rest of America.

The attack from the far right on the CRA and PA laws is an answer to your question.

Give it a rest, jakey boy. your bullshit talking points are not convincing anyone of anything except that you are an ignorant partisan asshole. Nothing you post is true.

Forum List

Back