Let's Reform The Individual Mandate In ACA

Good luck with that opinion. It is going to take you places.

Have you thought about where its alternative is likely to take us? The idea that it the purpose of government IS to "run" society efficiently? Because you should. You should give it real consideration and try to put it in historical context.

Like with roads and public education.

OHH THE HORROR!!!

keep going ...

Have you thought about where its alternative is likely to take us? The idea that it the purpose of government IS to "run" society efficiently? Because you should. You should give it real consideration and try to put it in historical context.

OHH THE HORROR!!!

keep going ...

What do you have against roads and public education? They have been the cornerstones for making our society more productive. Why are you against efficiency?

OHH THE HORROR!!!

keep going ...

What do you have against roads and public education? They have been the cornerstones for making our society more productive. Why are you against efficiency?

I'm not. I'm against government dictating it. In my view, government should focus on protecting freedom and maintaining justice - and leave it up to the people to create the right balance between efficiency and quality of life.

What you're pushing for is something relatively new for liberals, and I don't think you really appreciate (yet) how much it smacks of fascism. I hope you notice before it's too late.

Last edited:
keep going ...

I'm not. I'm against government dictating it. In my view, government should focus on protecting freedom and maintaining justice - and leave it up to the people to create the right balance between efficiency and quality of life.

What you're pushing for is something relatively new for liberals, and I don't think you really appreciate (yet) how much it smacks of fascism. I hope you notice before it's too late.

Is building roads fascism because it is efficient? Because it helps corporations?

Your world view is fundamentally broken and you see Nazis and Communists hiding behind every bush.

Is building roads fascism because it is efficient? Because it helps corporations?

Your world view is fundamentally broken and you see Nazis and Communists hiding behind every bush.

I haven't said anything about Nazis and Communists. Its Democrats and Republicans I'm worried about.

I haven't said anything about Nazis and Communists. Its Democrats and Republicans I'm worried about.

uhh I can still see you quoting "fascism" in your post above so.... wat?

Do you consider building roads fascism or what? Or does it just "smack" of fascism?

I will grant you that health care is not the same as building roads but that is because efficiency is not the only reason to push for UHC. There is also a large moral component as there is with education.

keep going ...

Christian schools teach worship of God, government schools teach worship of government.

I was never taught to worship government(outside of the pledge of allegiance) but I was taught to think rationally and seek truth.

Do you want to get the pledge and the flags taken out of school? Good luck.

Christian schools teach worship of God, government schools teach worship of government.

I was never taught to worship government(outside of the pledge of allegiance) but I was taught to think rationally and seek truth.

I'm not talking about the pledge and flags, I'm talking about believe in ubiquitous authoritarian government power, like this:

That running society efficiently isn't the purpose of government.

I'm not talking about the pledge and flags, I'm talking about believe in ubiquitous authoritarian government power, like this:

That running society efficiently isn't the purpose of government.

So are you also against roads and schools?

Do you consider building roads fascism or what? Or does it just "smack" of fascism?

It smacks of fascism when you assume that the goal of government should be to maximize our efficiency as a society. It's a subtle thing, and I doubt you, or most mainstream Democrats and Republicans are capable of seeing it just yet. But there's a marked shift going on, away from egalitarian government based on freedom and equal rights, and toward corporatist government based on class rights and running society as a 'system'. It's dangerous shit in my view, and yes, a type of fascism. But fascism always comes around in a different disguise, so don't expect it to dress up like Hitler or Stalin.

Last edited:

It smacks of fascism when you assume that the goal of government should be to maximize our efficiency as a society. It's a subtle thing, and I doubt you, or most mainstream Democrats and Republicans are capable of seeing it just yet. But there's a marked shift going on, away from egalitarian government based on freedom and equal rights, and toward corporatist government based on class rights and running society as a 'system'. It's dangerous shit in my view, and yes, a type of fascism. But fascism always comes around in a different disguise, so don't expect it to dress up like Hitler or Stalin.

So like I said, you are paranoid and see Nazis and Communists hiding behind every bush.

I think people have really lost touch with how far we have come as a nation and how much we all depend on one another. Too many people are stuck being superstitious and fail to actually look at reality. UHC is not fascism. If you want to worry about fascism you are better off looking at how politicians try and turn us on each other. Even the income inequality debate can turn bad when groups are blamed for it.

Income inequality is horrible for the economy but that doesn't mean we should be turning against one another. Look at the way poor people are talked about. Look at all the propaganda about Christianity being under attack. Now that is fascist propaganda.

Last edited:
How about single payer modeled after our public educational system. ;)

You mean the education system in which we spend more per student than just about any other country in the world while producing ever shittier results for those that graduate, not to mention the phenomenal drop out rates?

THAT public education system? You want to emulate that?

Are you fucking retarded?

PROVE this claim with a citation of FACTS.

Your lying

Has anyone ever told you that you are distasteful little Troll?

(rhetorical)

You mean the education system in which we spend more per student than just about any other country in the world while producing ever shittier results for those that graduate, not to mention the phenomenal drop out rates?

THAT public education system? You want to emulate that?

Are you fucking retarded?

PROVE this claim with a citation of FACTS.

Your lying

Has anyone ever told you that you are distasteful little Troll?

(rhetorical)

You mean today or in the last 10 minutes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So]I'm Melting! - The Wizard of Oz (7/8) Movie CLIP (1939) HD - YouTube[/ame]

:eek: ;)

I wonder if insurance would have helped here???

Maybe a good Lawyer could have helped???

Does Obamacare even cover water damage? Drowning? Flood-hurt? Butt-hurt??? Melting???

What about the deductible?? What about when the deductible is more than the premium???

I vote "Back to the drawing board".
It's a train wreck, why encourage more of the same???

So like I said, you are paranoid and see Nazis and Communists hiding behind every bush.

Like I said, I don't see Nazis and Communists. I see Democrats and Republicans embracing corporatism. I see them giving up on the fundamental principles of equal protection and equal rights in favor of interest-group based privilege. That's not paranoia, it's actually happening. You just don't see it as a bad thing, and I do.

So you opposed the idea "running society efficiently isn't the purpose of government." Then when challenged, you come back with "roads and schools." So you're satisfied if he limit government to "roads and schools" and get them out of the charity, redistribution, welfare, medical and economic manipulation businesses?

So you opposed the idea "running society efficiently isn't the purpose of government." Then when challenged, you come back with "roads and schools." So you're satisfied if he limit government to "roads and schools" and get them out of the charity, redistribution, welfare, medical and economic manipulation businesses?

Next, he'll start chanting "Somalia!"

I never said it had to be limited to efficiency.

I have no problem with also having moral reasons behind policy like health care. There is a large efficiency component of health care as well. There is a moral component to education as well.

Forum List

Back