Let's pass a law

Before anyone says anything, Im suggesting this to make a point, not because I support this.

Let's have Congress pass a mandate that requires every citizen to purchase a gun.

The Supreme Court has already said it's Constitutional.

Is this seriously what we want the Federal Govenrment doing?

Me having or not having a gun in no way affects your ability to have one.

Bad example.

Try again.

You never say what you support only what you are against. Makes it easy to be all over the board when you refuse to take a side

Yeah the whole supporting liberty and limited government and the rights of man is what Im against, not what im for.

:cuckoo:

Yeah, supporting liberty, such a tough stance to take. Except it means nothing.

Only someone ignorant of his own national history would say it means nothing.

Before anyone says anything, Im suggesting this to make a point, not because I support this.

Let's have Congress pass a mandate that requires every citizen to purchase a gun.

Man Avatar, I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING this morning. But unlike you, I do actually support this. Let's do it Conservatives! I want to see the liberals head's burst when they have to accept their own hypocrisy!

Bad example.

Try again.

your having or not having health insurance in no way affects my ability to have it.

Bad example.

Try again.

Nice try. But I never claimed it did effect your ability to have one. Me having or not having healthcare doesnt affact your ability to have health insurance either.

The only reason you dont think its a good example is because you dont understand that the Federal Government now has the authority to force us to buy something regardless of their reasons for it.

They could tax us for not purchasing Obama's books. You seriously think they should be allowed that power? The Supreme Court just ruled it Constitutional.

Man Avatar, I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING this morning. But unlike you, I do actually support this. Let's do it Conservatives! I want to see the liberals head's burst when they have to accept their own hypocrisy!

No. I stand by principle. It's wrong with the health insurance it's wrong with everything else.

go ahead and do it.

if the people want it

Typical liberal idiot. Go ahead, do it - even if it tramples on the freedoms of others or the US Constitution. Go ahead, force Communism on the US. Go ahead, force Marixms on the US. You get dumber by the minute....

Bad example.

Try again.

your having or not having health insurance in no way affects my ability to have it.

heh heh. You know that's not true.

You never say what you support only what you are against. Makes it easy to be all over the board when you refuse to take a side

I'm for freedom and choice, you shouldnt be taxed just to be alive. Maybe you think that, but that's batshit crazy talk.

Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice, Freedom and choice

What does it mean? Nothing.

Freedom and Choice mean "nothing"? Wow.... what a Communist idiot.

No. I stand by principle. It's wrong with the health insurance it's wrong with everything else.

Admirable, for sure. But I like fighting fire with fire. Plus, the liberals create unncessary costs by making themselves victims. Just like we are forced to wear seatbelts to minimize costs of police and rescue in accidents, we should keep down costs of crime by forcing them to not make themselves victims.

In principal, congress could pass a law levying a tax and also give an equivalent tax break to anyone who owns a gun. They could attribute the tax to funding homeland security and/or reducing crime. It would be constitutional.

It would also be extremely silly and the American people (those not brain-washed by the NRA) would not want it.

But, it would be constitutional.

You should suggest it to the NRA - I'm sure they'd love the idea.

Black _Fable can't. There isn't.

Actually, he is right (for once). Just read about a town in Utah the other day that requires every citizen there to own a gun AND ammunition. There are exceptions for those with criminal records, those in poverty, etc.

Odd...didn't see it...what town?

Nevermind...changed conditions of the search...
Jay Lee, the mayor of Virgin, a town just north of the Arizona border, told KSL-TV that most of the 350 residents already own firearms so there’s lots of support for the initiative

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95092&page=1

Last edited:

Bad example.

Try again.

heh heh. You know that's not true.

So if I dont have health insurance, you can't buy it?

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

And keep in mind we have freakin idiots posting on this board frequently.

In principal, congress could pass a law levying a tax and also give an equivalent tax break to anyone who owns a gun. They could attribute the tax to funding homeland security and/or reducing crime. It would be constitutional.

It would also be extremely silly and the American people (those not brain-washed by the NRA) would not want it.

But, it would be constitutional.

You should suggest it to the NRA - I'm sure they'd love the idea.

Roll another one, duuuuuude. You're far too stoned to have any idea what constitutes "constitutional".

Forum List

Back