Let's pass a law

Man Avatar, I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING this morning. But unlike you, I do actually support this. Let's do it Conservatives! I want to see the liberals head's burst when they have to accept their own hypocrisy!

No. I stand by principle. It's wrong with the health insurance it's wrong with everything else.

Admirable, for sure. But I like fighting fire with fire. Plus, the liberals create unncessary costs by making themselves victims. Just like we are forced to wear seatbelts to minimize costs of police and rescue in accidents, we should keep down costs of crime by forcing them to not make themselves victims.

And how does fighting tyranny with more tyranny make us free? How does fighting evil with evil make us good?

Before anyone says anything, Im suggesting this to make a point, not because I support this.

Let's have Congress pass a mandate that requires every citizen to purchase a gun.

The Supreme Court has already said it's Constitutional.

Is this seriously what we want the Federal Govenrment doing?

In principal, congress could pass a law levying a tax and also give an equivalent tax break to anyone who owns a gun. They could attribute the tax to funding homeland security and/or reducing crime. It would be constitutional.

It would also be extremely silly and the American people (those not brain-washed by the NRA) would not want it.

But, it would be constitutional.

You should suggest it to the NRA - I'm sure they'd love the idea.

The people didnt want Obamacare either!

You are making my point for me.

Black _Fable can't. There isn't.

Actually, he is right (for once). Just read about a town in Utah the other day that requires every citizen there to own a gun AND ammunition. There are exceptions for those with criminal records, those in poverty, etc.

Odd...didn't see it...what town?

Nevermind...changed conditions of the search...
Jay Lee, the mayor of Virgin, a town just north of the Arizona border, told KSL-TV that most of the 350 residents already own firearms so there’s lots of support for the initiative

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95092&page=1

Did not know about that. But as there are exceptions and no punishments/taxes and it's done by the local government, it doesnt match the Federal Government doing the same thing.

No. I stand by principle. It's wrong with the health insurance it's wrong with everything else.

Admirable, for sure. But I like fighting fire with fire. Plus, the liberals create unncessary costs by making themselves victims. Just like we are forced to wear seatbelts to minimize costs of police and rescue in accidents, we should keep down costs of crime by forcing them to not make themselves victims.

And how does fighting tyranny with more tyranny make us free? How does fighting evil with evil make us good?

Hey, I'm openly admitting you're a much better man than I am. But I do think that stepping on the throats of the idiot liberals will wake *SOME* of them up and realize that unconstitutionally stepping on the throats of others is not a cool thing... Again, you're not wrong. I just like getting even with the miserable Communists.

I'm good with that. And just as soon as all of you righties (100%) of you have either health insurance, or 100% of the means to pay your healthcare bills, inclusive of the difference between what you paid into MediCare and what it is spending on you, then you can bitch. Otherwise, we are already being taxed to support your asses.

I pay my own health care bills. There goes your 100% bullshit.

Either you can't read, or lack comprehension skills. Please try again.
OK I misread what you wrote. The fact remains that responsible people provide for the food, housing, recreation and health care of their families. For the government to expect tax payers to assume that responsibility beyond very limited circumstances is a violation of my rights
If the government gives you 50 grand for your health care bills, another 5 grand for food, 10 grand for housing and another grand or 2 for programs to occupy your rug rats after school that costs 12 grand for each, WHERE'S MINE? What happened to equal protection?
Show me where in the US Constitution you find justification to tax me to pay for your irresponsibility.

Black _Fable can't. There isn't.

Actually, he is right (for once). Just read about a town in Utah the other day that requires every citizen there to own a gun AND ammunition. There are exceptions for those with criminal records, those in poverty, etc.

Jay Lee, the mayor of Virgin, a town just north of the Arizona border, told KSL-TV that most of the 350 residents already own firearms so there’s lots of support for the initiative

Town in Utah Requires Owning Guns - ABC News

Fucking idiots.

Hey, I'm openly admitting you're a much better man than I am. But I do think that stepping on the throats of the idiot liberals will wake *SOME* of them up and realize that unconstitutionally stepping on the throats of others is not a cool thing... Again, you're not wrong. I just like getting even with the miserable Communists.

And I just dont understand what the point of getting even is if it undermines the cause we are fighting for. All it's going to do is cause others to want to get even with us.

Did not know about that. But as there are exceptions and no punishments/taxes and it's done by the local government, it doesnt match the Federal Government doing the same thing.

True. Seems the citizens had no trouble with it since they were already armed.

Oooh that's good, buy a gun or you get "taxed"....hmmmmm I have a marlin model 60 .22 rifle, so I think I'm good.
NO....no buckeye! You STILL either have to pay the punitive tax or buy a NEW gun. That's the way this works!

The government NOW gets to say whether or not your old gun is the right gun...and it WON'T BE!

Fucking idiots.

Why are they stupid for wanting to defend themselves?

Fucking idiots.

What because the citizens were already armed and didn't have a problem with it?

Son? Get lost.:eusa_hand:

'The people' didn't want the Iraq invasion, either, but the poorer segments of the nation are being taxed to pay for it. It was unconstitutional, too.
Of course, the US does not currently function according to 'the spirit and the letter' of the Constitution. If people voted, especially in House elections, and threw out traitors and big spenders, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. If people were more generous with the fantastic wealth accumulated in America, there would be less pressure to pass laws forcing redistribution.
We forget that our forefathers were not only energetically individualistic, but also caring, sharing, co-operative and humane.

So what the Supreme Court just did was set a precedent. The Government can now tax us on things we do not buy. A bit like a reverse sales tax.

LOL. What a whiney, sack cloth and ashes thread.

The Health Care Law was declared Constitutional by the Supreme Court, end of statement.

Before anyone says anything, Im suggesting this to make a point, not because I support this.

Let's have Congress pass a mandate that requires every citizen to purchase a gun.

The military already purchases millions of guns that we are required to fund the purchase of through our taxes.

Everyone buy a gun? hmm, doesn't sound that bad, but I don't want felons able to purchase fire arms.

Forum List

Back