Lets listen to our Bravest

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Truthmatters, May 28, 2007.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    "In 2003, 2004, 100 percent of the soldiers wanted to be here, to fight this war," said Sergeant First Class David Moore, a self-described "conservative Texas Republican" and platoon sergeant who strongly advocates an American withdrawal. "Now, 95 percent of my platoon agrees with me."

It is not a question of loyalty, the soldiers insist. Safstrom, for example, comes from a thoroughly military family. His mother and father have served in the armed forces, as have his three sisters, one brother and several uncles. One week after the Sept. 11 attacks, he walked into a recruiter's office and joined the army.

"You guys want to start a fight in my backyard, I got something for you," he recalls thinking at the time.

But in Safstrom's view, the American presence is futile. "If we stayed here for 5, even 10 more years, the day we leave here these guys will go crazy," he said. "It would go straight into a civil war. That's how it feels, like we're putting a Band-Aid on this country until we leave here."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/27/news/delta.php

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,927
    Yup usual leftoid tactic. If a some one agrees with them that opinion is important, if someone doesn't then we get the MANTRA, the military opinion doesn't matter because civilians decide what they do.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    So that means you think this guy and his company's opinion is not important?

I suppose you think he is a cheese eating surrender monkey right?

5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I think basing foreign policy decisions on what this guy says is just as ill-advised as basing foreign policy decision on what is thought and said by servicemen who support this war.

Having said that, I think this article is enlightening in that it destroys the idea that the military is completely united in their support for this war when clearly that is not the case. The military is souring on this war just as the American public is souring on it... and we should expect their opinions to mirror the opinions of the public at large. Claiming otherwise is simply pro-Bush, pro-war propaganda.

6. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,927
    No one has ever said the Military was UNITED. The military is made up of Volunteer citizens, it is going to have a multitude of opinions. But then you already know that, this is just your attempt to sway someone to gullable to recognize your "slant"

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    you haven't been around this board very long.... you should read the rants of RSR where he claims that the military LOVES being in Iraq and they dearly want to stay there in that shooting gallery until the multicultural jeffersonian democracy blossoms on the banks of the Euphrates and that anyone who disagrees with that sentiment is a traitor.

But even if you had, you are such a shameless apologist for the Bush administration and the republican party, you'd never say anything to him anyway.

Oh wait.... you DID make an oblique comment that mildly disagreed with him once. That makes you Mister-fucking-inapartiality...I forgot :eusa_clap:

8. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,927
    You don't know my opinion at all. And your once again creating a strawman argument.

Here let me set you straight, just cause your such a lying "intellectual".

Red State Rules is entitled to his opinion, just as you are. I neither support nor agree with all his stuff. But since I got here he has not made any big "gotcha" moronic statements or posts. Though I must admit I generally ignore his stuff once the two of you start the " yes you did, no I didn't" 5 year old crap.

The one thread he made a claim that was obviously false and I POSTED such. And if he does it again I will again, if I see it I will tell him he is wrong.

He doesn't like your polls and you don't like his.... SO what? Polls don't prove a damn thing, they are easily manipulated to get the apparent answer the creator of the poll wanted to get.

Your further argument that he shouldn't post links is nothing more than your embarrassment at him providing links that sometimes make you look stupid. You demand he put more "opinion" in his posts and at the same time demand others provide links.... You are a control freak. You think you can dictate to the board members what and how they post.

As for my support of Bush.... I had 2 choices in 2004, and Kerry was a no brainer. He is now our President and he is doing what needs to be done, in MY OPINION. Bush is not right of center, or rather if he is it is slight at best. So claiming people that support him are rightwing ideologues is ludicrous.

I do NOT now nor will I ever remain silent when a wrong is committed no matter who is at fault. Your ubnreasoning hatred of a man is laughable if it were not so destructive for this country. Your admitted acceptance of anyone that will support what you support is a prime example of WHY Liberals are dangerous. Your statement that the ends justify the means is ignorant and immoral.

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

If you think the extent of what I do is post the results of polls and cut and paste op-ed pieces, then you are willfully blind.

I understand why fewer Americans voted for Bush than for Gore...he was a weak candidate.

I understand why more people voted for Bush that Kerry. Kerry was an even weaker candidate.

I do not understand why ANYONE continues to support this immoral war in Iraq.

And if you would like to post the quote from me where I said that the ends justify the means, and put it in any proper context that means anything other than I am as perfectly happy to accept the votes of the lunatic left for democratic candidates just as YOU are to accept the votes of lunatic right republican candidates, please do so...or admit you are twisting MY words while cowardly walking away from you own.

asshole.

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    It has NOT been proven to me Kerry got fewer votes than Bush.

Ohio was a sickening mess of an election.