Let's Let President Re-write Every Law He Doesn't Like

While it's true that the Congress is no longer active in the United States, they still are constitutionally part of the government and someday who knows? But maybe it would be a good idea if the president was given all the powers Americans believe he has, and accuse him of misusing.

I believe we can see he has too many powers as it is. He should be reined in!

Last edited:
I think what is needed is some of the GOPs ideas and some of the Democrat ideas. Problem is the Democrats want the whole ball of wax and to them compromise is the same thing as giving in, so they refuse to compromise.

The goal should be to help people but not bankrupt the country in the process.

It's very hard to work with Democrats, they never follow through on their promises. They'll negotiate with Republicans by promising spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The Republicans agree. The tax increases begin immediately, the spending cuts never materialize. It's always the same.....That's why I give Romney so much credit- he was able to accomplish a great deal in Massachusetts in spite of overwhelming Democrat majorities in the State House and Senate. He's the real deal and he will be an excellent President.

Really because its the republicans right now saying "Hey I know we made an agreement to cut defense spending, but we aren't going to do that now, only stuff we don't like will be cut."

I think you're being dishonest.

How about a link.

While it's true that the Congress is no longer active in the United States, they still are constitutionally part of the government and someday who knows? But maybe it would be a good idea if the president was given all the powers Americans believe he has, and accuse him of misusing.

I think a better idea is make sure that when a President abuses the powers he has there are serious repercussions.

One of them is a reversal of his executive orders before they take effect. Another is recalls that we have on the state level but not for the president. I think if people had a chance to vote again they would change their votes from the 2008 election.

87c89f503a4cb94fa175bd0e452bb262.jpg

Members here think it's cool that Obama re-wrote the Welfare Reform Act.

Why not let the President re-write abortion laws.

We don't need separation of powers. Let's become a Dictatorship.

Obama bypasses Congress, rewrites welfare reform law with policy directive - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

Again, the law as written allows the president to do what he is doing...

And as a practical matter, it's hard to "put them welfare people to work" when there are barely enough jobs for the people who want to work.

I think a better idea is make sure that when a President abuses the powers he has there are serious repercussions.

One of them is a reversal of his executive orders before they take effect. Another is recalls that we have on the state level but not for the president. I think if people had a chance to vote again they would change their votes from the 2008 election.

Given what fiascos recalls in California and Wisconsin turned out to be, I think that's the last thing you want on the national level...

But it's a great fantasy for getting you thorugh the next four years.

1 out of 11 people are receiving some form of Welfare today due to unemployment being so high....Most are white people, who have worked all of their lives to support themselves, but now they can't due to no fault of their own, but the fault of the lying scum on Wall Street and Mortgage brokers and Derivatives....I'm not going to bitch about the States needing more leeway to deal with their own unemployment problems within their own State....

As I said, Romney asked for the same leeway back in 2005, and we weren't even in an unemployment recession then....

I don't think it matters what you think Romney asked for. I'm sure his motivations are entirely different than Obama's.

What is the purpose of welfare?

It's supposed to be a temporary aid to somebody that is down on their luck. It's not intended to be a permanent program for generations of Americans, however being a landlord I have had several Section 8 families that have 3 or more generations collecting welfare. Able-bodied people collecting welfare when they should be working. That was the purpose of welfare reform.

In the 1990s the Republican congress and Pres. Clinton worked out a way to help get the budget to a surplus so we could start paying down the debt. Knowing what I know about
Obama he plans on increasing dependence and increasing debt with this change. If you think Romney is planning on doing the same you're mistaken.

Well fuk me. Here you are, a landlord and sucking off the guvmint teat. Sec 8 housing assistance. What a bull shitter you are. Here I am, also a landlord and I won't touch a Sec 8 housing voucher. wtf is the matter with you? You come here every day and trash the very same people that you get your income from. You are a worthless POS and like every rethug I know, a hypocrite to the extreme.

All? :lol: No dear, not all, not even close to all. Romney had a successful career in the private sector. He understands what it takes to create and run a successful company. When he decided to dedicate his life to public service, he had the real world experience and wisdom that dilettantes like Obama will never have.

Romney ran Massachusetts as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. He cut taxes and regulations. He balanced the budget. He vetoed hundreds of shitty laws. He tried to reform health care because he was a big thinker who, unlike Obama who only pretends, could reach across the aisle and work with the Democrats that controlled the state with huge majorities. He left the state better off than when he got there.

Obama is an amateur, a dilettante, a pretender who is in deep over his head. Because of his fundamental stupidity he has run the economy into a ditch. He's added $6trillion to the national debt and more people are on food stamps and welfare than anytime in history. His entire cabinet is filled with professional politicians, ideologues, and academicians. He is a complete and utter failure.

I think what is needed is some of the GOPs ideas and some of the Democrat ideas. Problem is the Democrats want the whole ball of wax and to them compromise is the same thing as giving in, so they refuse to compromise.

The goal should be to help people but not bankrupt the country in the process.

It's very hard to work with Democrats, they never follow through on their promises. They'll negotiate with Republicans by promising spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The Republicans agree. The tax increases begin immediately, the spending cuts never materialize. It's always the same.....That's why I give Romney so much credit- he was able to accomplish a great deal in Massachusetts in spite of overwhelming Democrat majorities in the State House and Senate. He's the real deal and he will be an excellent President.

Indeed, just ask Tip O'Neill....... :thup:

1 out of 11 people are receiving some form of Welfare today due to unemployment being so high....Most are white people, who have worked all of their lives to support themselves, but now they can't due to no fault of their own, but the fault of the lying scum on Wall Street and Mortgage brokers and Derivatives....I'm not going to bitch about the States needing more leeway to deal with their own unemployment problems within their own State....

As I said, Romney asked for the same leeway back in 2005, and we weren't even in an unemployment recession then....

I don't think it matters what you think Romney asked for. I'm sure his motivations are entirely different than Obama's.

It's supposed to be a temporary aid to somebody that is down on their luck. It's not intended to be a permanent program for generations of Americans, however being a landlord I have had several Section 8 families that have 3 or more generations collecting welfare. Able-bodied people collecting welfare when they should be working. That was the purpose of welfare reform.

In the 1990s the Republican congress and Pres. Clinton worked out a way to help get the budget to a surplus so we could start paying down the debt. Knowing what I know about
Obama he plans on increasing dependence and increasing debt with this change. If you think Romney is planning on doing the same you're mistaken.

Well fuk me. Here you are, a landlord and sucking off the guvmint teat. Sec 8 housing assistance. What a bull shitter you are. Here I am, also a landlord and I won't touch a Sec 8 housing voucher. wtf is the matter with you? You come here every day and trash the very same people that you get your income from. You are a worthless POS and like every rethug I know, a hypocrite to the extreme.

I wouldn't tell them that because they could sue you for discrimination.

Somebody has to rent to them.

Oh, and btw, go fuck yourself.

87c89f503a4cb94fa175bd0e452bb262.jpg

Members here think it's cool that Obama re-wrote the Welfare Reform Act.

Why not let the President re-write abortion laws.

We don't need separation of powers. Let's become a Dictatorship.

Obama bypasses Congress, rewrites welfare reform law with policy directive - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com
he didn't rewrite the welfare law, he did give the Republican Governors a waiver....

GOV Romney IS ON RECORD for REQUESTING the waiver for the States himself, when he was Governor....just do a google on it....your candidate asked for this waiver....with room for the states to better utilize their own welfare programs.

He should just do what GWB made fashionable and the cons had no problem with; signing statements meaning that "Sure I'll sign it but I won't enforce it."

Obama invented Executive Orders, news at 11.

The experts feel he's abusing his authority.

I expect changes to the constition in future because of dishonest presidents like Obama. One of the things they left out of his oath of office is swearing not to abuse his authority and not break any laws. They may have to rewrite the qualifications for president because of this guy.

Last edited:

I expect changes to the constition in future because dishonest presidents like Obama. One of the things they left in his oath of office is swearing not to abuse his authority and not break any laws. They may have to rewrite the qualifications for president because of this guy.

No, the R experts feel that way, for a Political means. It's not rocket science. You're applying a dishonest standard based on sheer partisanship. It's really that simple.

I expect changes to the constition in future because dishonest presidents like Obama. One of the things they left in his oath of office is swearing not to abuse his authority and not break any laws. They may have to rewrite the qualifications for president because of this guy.

No, the R experts feel that way, for a Political means. It's not rocket science. You're applying a dishonest standard based on sheer partisanship. It's really that simple.
No, non-partisans said there is no waivers in section 407.

If there had been Democrats would have used them as soon as the act became law. That's pure common-sense.

But then again when talking to a lefty common-sense is never considered. It's just what they feel, not what is real that matters.

Last edited:

-f there had been Democrats would have used them as soon as the act became law. That's pure common-sense.

But then again when talking to a lefty common-sense is never considered. It's just what they feel, not what is real that matters.

Sentence 1 = false.

You're a buffoon.

I keep seeing conflicting arguments.

One person claims they have a document with Mitt Romney's siggy in it asking for authority to use waviers and a bunch of other lefties saying Obama has the right to do this cuz they already exist. Now which is it?

-f there had been Democrats would have used them as soon as the act became law. That's pure common-sense.

Sentence 1 = false.

You're a buffoon.

Well don't cry about it.

Do you need your blanky???

Someone has to bitch about the welfare dollars being spent (like you do) while at the same time sucking off the guvmint teat. And bull shit about discrimanation. YOU chose to enroll your house or apt in the sec 8 program. If you didn't want to suck at the guvmint teat, you shouldn't have done that now should you?

You the same dumb landlord that put three houses on one deed? And couldn't figure out why you couldn't refi without splitting the houses off to seperate deeds? Was that you?

Stupid muttafuker. You suck off the guvmint teat just like the welfare folks do. Pitiful hypocrite.

Someone has to bitch about the welfare dollars being spent (like you do) while at the same time sucking off the guvmint teat. And bull shit about discrimanation. YOU chose to enroll your house or apt in the sec 8 program. If you didn't want to suck at the guvmint teat, you shouldn't have done that now should you?

You the same dumb landlord that put three houses on one deed? And couldn't figure out why you couldn't refi without splitting the houses off to seperate deeds? Was that you?

Stupid muttafuker. You suck off the guvmint teat just like the welfare folks do. Pitiful hypocrite.

Sounds like you're about to lose it zeke.

Might want to see a shrink about all of that anger.

Put it this way, I didn't choose the conditions of the loan, the underwriter did. I didn't sell the mortgage to Bank of America knowing the loans were attached, the broker did. Turns out the loan originator tried doing something that I already knew the bank couldn't do, and I told them they couldn't do. They rejected the loan because the program they tried only applied to home loans, not investment property. It was a waste of time for everyone involved and they ended up losing $1200 on an appraisal they shouldn't have ordered. They never obtained a commitment letter. So it seems that the banks fucked this up. Not me.

Now, when it comes to welfare, like I said before, it has it's purpose. Obama is trying to make it easier to stay on it hoping it will garner votes. I have every right to say that's wrong. I also have every right to point out illegalities on his part. The man doesn't believe in following the same rules everyone else has to follow. Offering a safe and clean place to live for folks on Section 8 and voicing dislike for abuses doesn't make me a hypocrite.

You know what Muddy. It does make you a hypocrite. You would like for it not to be so, but that is the way it is.

You, as a landlord had the right to rent your properties to people that had a job. Like I do.
But instead, you chose to enroll your properties in a guvmint program, not because you wanted to "help" the welfare recipient. but because you wanted that guaranteed guvmint income. You have even done this for years and years because you commented about seeing multiple generations of welfare recipients. I would bet you just roll the lease over to the next generation.

And angry? Nah, just calling a bullshitter a bullshitter when I read one. Your it.

Only a hypocrite could justify what you say about welfare and actually how you benefit from welfare. Seems like you need to vote for Obama. You seem to think your livelihood depends on welfare.

You have any tenants with a job?

Forum List

Back