Let's Let President Re-write Every Law He Doesn't Like

Last edited:
So what?

Along with being a Middle-Eastern expert and HF Commo expert, you're a fucken lawyer too?

The shit is getting deep.

:lol:

This coming from a guy who opened a topic making legalistic claims.

Sorry to make your butt hurt. I merely quoted from the law to provide context to the conversation. You can read it for yourself, can't you? I realize it is a little wordier and more complex than a partisan newspaper story, but still...

Last edited:
So what?

Along with being a Middle-Eastern expert and HF Commo expert, you're a fucken lawyer too?

The shit is getting deep.

:lol:

This coming from a guy who opened a topic making legalistic claims.

Sorry to make your butt hurt. I merely quoted from the law to provide context to the conversation. You can read it for yourself, can't you? I realize it is a little wordier and more complex than a partisan newspaper story, but still...

I'm not butt-hurt. I just think your trying to confuse the issue by throwing out a bunch os superfluous facts.

I'd like to see the changes Obama made and compare them with the law. Experts have said he's out of line.

You, want to believe Obama over the guy who helped write the thing (Newt Gingrich). I would think he has a better idea what's in it than you do.

I'm listening to Newt, and he says Obama is breaking the law according to section 407. He said he wrote it to prevent exactly what Obama is attempting to do.

1 out of 11 people are receiving some form of Welfare today due to unemployment being so high....Most are white people, who have worked all of their lives to support themselves, but now they can't due to no fault of their own, but the fault of the lying scum on Wall Street and Mortgage brokers and Derivatives....I'm not going to bitch about the States needing more leeway to deal with their own unemployment problems within their own State....

As I said, Romney asked for the same leeway back in 2005, and we weren't even in an unemployment recession then....

ALL the things you guys hate about liberals, Romney has done himself...how in the world did you nominate him as your choice?

All? :lol: No dear, not all, not even close to all. Romney had a successful career in the private sector. He understands what it takes to create and run a successful company. When he decided to dedicate his life to public service, he had the real world experience and wisdom that dilettantes like Obama will never have.

Romney ran Massachusetts as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. He cut taxes and regulations. He balanced the budget. He vetoed hundreds of shitty laws. He tried to reform health care because he was a big thinker who, unlike Obama who only pretends, could reach across the aisle and work with the Democrats that controlled the state with huge majorities. He left the state better off than when he got there.

Obama is an amateur, a dilettante, a pretender who is in deep over his head. Because of his fundamental stupidity he has run the economy into a ditch. He's added $6trillion to the national debt and more people are on food stamps and welfare than anytime in history. His entire cabinet is filled with professional politicians, ideologues, and academicians. He is a complete and utter failure.

1 out of 11 people are receiving some form of Welfare today due to unemployment being so high....Most are white people, who have worked all of their lives to support themselves, but now they can't due to no fault of their own, but the fault of the lying scum on Wall Street and Mortgage brokers and Derivatives....I'm not going to bitch about the States needing more leeway to deal with their own unemployment problems within their own State....

As I said, Romney asked for the same leeway back in 2005, and we weren't even in an unemployment recession then....

I don't think it matters what you think Romney asked for. I'm sure his motivations are entirely different than Obama's.

What is the purpose of welfare?

It's supposed to be a temporary aid to somebody that is down on their luck. It's not intended to be a permanent program for generations of Americans, however being a landlord I have had several Section 8 families that have 3 or more generations collecting welfare. Able-bodied people collecting welfare when they should be working. That was the purpose of welfare reform.

In the 1990s the Republican congress and Pres. Clinton worked out a way to help get the budget to a surplus so we could start paying down the debt. Knowing what I know about Obama he plans on increasing dependence and increasing debt with this change. If you think Romney is planning on doing the same you're mistaken.

According to this story he agrees with me. I want to hear him say something on camera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f32NyCdFqrI]Gingrich: "We Have No Proof" To Support Romney's Welfare Attack - YouTube[/ame]

You didn't prove your point even taking into account that this interview was obviously edited.

ALL the things you guys hate about liberals, Romney has done himself...how in the world did you nominate him as your choice?

All? :lol: No dear, not all, not even close to all. Romney had a successful career in the private sector. He understands what it takes to create and run a successful company. When he decided to dedicate his life to public service, he had the real world experience and wisdom that dilettantes like Obama will never have.

Romney ran Massachusetts as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. He cut taxes and regulations. He balanced the budget. He vetoed hundreds of shitty laws. He tried to reform health care because he was a big thinker who, unlike Obama who only pretends, could reach across the aisle and work with the Democrats that controlled the state with huge majorities. He left the state better off than when he got there.

Obama is an amateur, a dilettante, a pretender who is in deep over his head. Because of his fundamental stupidity he has run the economy into a ditch. He's added $6trillion to the national debt and more people are on food stamps and welfare than anytime in history. His entire cabinet is filled with professional politicians, ideologues, and academicians. He is a complete and utter failure.

I think what is needed is some of the GOPs ideas and some of the Democrat ideas. Problem is the Democrats want the whole ball of wax and to them compromise is the same thing as giving in, so they refuse to compromise.

The goal should be to help people but not bankrupt the country in the process.

I think what is needed is some of the GOPs ideas and some of the Democrat ideas. Problem is the Democrats want the whole ball of wax and to them compromise is the same thing as giving in, so they refuse to compromise.

It's very hard to work with Democrats, they never follow through on their promises. They'll negotiate with Republicans by promising spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The Republicans agree. The tax increases begin immediately, the spending cuts never materialize. It's always the same.....That's why I give Romney so much credit- he was able to accomplish a great deal in Massachusetts in spite of overwhelming Democrat majorities in the State House and Senate. He's the real deal and he will be an excellent President.

It's very hard to work with Democrats, they never follow through on their promises. They'll negotiate with Republicans by promising spending cuts in exchange for tax increases. The Republicans agree. The tax increases begin immediately, the spending cuts never materialize. It's always the same.....That's why I give Romney so much credit- he was able to accomplish a great deal in Massachusetts in spite of overwhelming Democrat majorities in the State House and Senate. He's the real deal and he will be an excellent President.

Democrats in Washington think they're way is the only way, so they'll try to trick people into thinking they're on the level then pull the rug from under them.

It's easier to be a Democrat politician than it is to be a Republican these days because as long as you tow the party-line the media will support any lie or any deception. A Republican is basically on his own.

Really because its the republicans right now saying "Hey I know we made an agreement to cut defense spending, but we aren't going to do that now, only stuff we don't like will be cut."

Really because its the republicans right now saying "Hey I know we made an agreement to cut defense spending, but we aren't going to do that now, only stuff we don't like will be cut."

We can and should cut Defense.... but we need cuts in other areas as well. Not cuts to the rate of "growth of spending" but actual cuts in spending.

Romney made it work in Massachusetts with Democrats in charge. Obama had 2 years with solid majorities in both houses and all we have to show for it is a bunch of debt, high unemployment, and a clusterfuck known as Obamacare....

87c89f503a4cb94fa175bd0e452bb262.jpg

Members here think it's cool that Obama re-wrote the Welfare Reform Act.

Why not let the President re-write abortion laws.

We don't need separation of powers. Let's become a Dictatorship.

Obama bypasses Congress, rewrites welfare reform law with policy directive - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com
he didn't rewrite the welfare law, he did give the Republican Governors a waiver....

GOV Romney IS ON RECORD for REQUESTING the waiver for the States himself, when he was Governor....just do a google on it....your candidate asked for this waiver....with room for the states to better utilize their own welfare programs.

According to the authors of the Bill, there is not a provision that allows for Waivers

While it's true that the Congress is no longer active in the United States, they still are constitutionally part of the government and someday who knows? But maybe it would be a good idea if the president was given all the powers Americans believe he has, and accuse him of misusing.

Forum List

Back