CDZ Let's Consider the Behavior of Recent Ex-Presidents

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Reagan and the Bushes stayed out of the limelight and let their successors do their jobs, whereas Carter continued to insert himself into politics and Clinton made millions on speeches (even when his wife was Secretary of State). Which way do you think Obama will go, and do you think these are character traits that should be considered in selecting future Presidents?

Reagan and the Bushes stayed out of the limelight and let their successors do their jobs, whereas Carter continued to insert himself into politics and Clinton made millions on speeches (even when his wife was Secretary of State). Which way do you think Obama will go, and do you think these are character traits that should be considered in selecting future Presidents?

After his library is built, he'll be in the lobby 3 days a week selling autographs

Personally I believe he will write a book, give speeches, and might focus on the United Nations... The question to me is what his wife will do after they leave the White House?

Also as for voting on what someone will do after they leave office never come to my mind because it has no factor in my voting, but maybe it does to you?

The difference is integrity. Ike had it, Truman had it, Reagan had it, the Bush's have it, Carter to a degree has it, Billy Bob, well lets just say his only objective was and always been about the money, the sale, so as for integrity, that's a word that doesn't apply to Bill. Obama, he will remain on the campaign trail for the balance of his life, he knows nothing else, as for integrity that remains to be written. What better place for him to promote his progressive agenda, of social engineering, then the Supreme Court.
What should sound alarms is how former Presidents conduct their lives and accept the transfer of power to the succeeding administration.

Forum List

Back