Let's Compare Great Jewish Achievement With Arab Muslim Achievement!

I strongly disagree with this kind of comparison nor do I it's point.
What would comparison such as this prove? Let's hypothetically say that the Arab nation is not responsible for any achievements(which is false) what would that prove?
Are nations that have less achievements under their belts are somehow inferior to other nations? And are individuals in those nations are somehow inferior to individuals from the other nations?
This hypothesis sounds really scary to me and I strongly disagree with it.

In my opinion the only reason Arab countries are in the poor state they are in today has everything to do with their religion and nothing to do with them being Arabs.

In my opinion ,Islam like every other religion is halting progress and preventing from the world to be better.

Answer my questions in my original post. Let's see what you got for us and don't return to the 7th century for imaginary Arab achievements.

Again, I don't see what such comparison would prove.
Like I said before, let's say that there were no Arab achievements whatsoever. How would that impact the Arab Israeli conflict?

Read, learn...

Arab-American Executive Lee Habeeb...
Maybe, just maybe, Arabs can break out of their self-destructive hatred and envy...most anti-Semitism anywhere in the world has its origins in envy.
To the dismay of Arabs around the world, Jewish people turned an ancient piece of real estate in the Middle East into a thriving oasis of intellectual, political, religious, and commercial activity, where people are free to do as they please. One of the oldest places on earth — a place where Abraham walked — Israel is as thoroughly modern as any place on earth, with a functioning government that respects religious and economic freedom.

A young person in Israel can choose to work in some of the best high-tech companies in the world, or can pursue a life dedicated to Talmudic studies. A woman has an equal right to pursue any career she likes, and people of different sexual orientations are not driven underground — or worse.

The fact is, the God-given talents of the people of Israel are allowed to flourish in ways Arabs should want to emulate, and replicate.

Despising Israel the way Israel is despised in much of the Arab world is all about anti-Semitism. And most anti-Semitism anywhere in the world has its origins in envy.

Benjamin Netanyahu once gave a speech in which he pointed at a map of the Middle East. He rattled off many of the countries in the region, and the relative size of those nations to Israel. Jordan is four times the size of Israel, Iraq 20, Egypt 46; Saudi Arabia is nearly 90 times the size of Israel.

“Big countries,” he said. “But small accomplishments.”

He then went on to describe Israel, which is just slightly bigger than one of America’s smallest states, New Jersey.

“Little country,” he concluded. “But big accomplishments.”
And there you have it, in one perfectly formulated binary.
Arab Like Me - Lee Habeeb - National Review Online

Last edited:
Sure, you can find all kinds credible sources from the references on that page, or run another search. You can go to a library too and find more detailed information I am sure. 14 centuries ago? Arabic mathematicians, who paved the way for all others, were still making discoveries in the 17th century.

Are you such a bigot that you are trying to say that these discoveries are not favorable to mankind because they did not happen in what you deem recently?

Seriously, what a fuckin wingnut. Lastly, Israel wouldn't even exist today without being a slave state to the US. So any discoveries they have made as a vasalage to the US, are US achievements.

Well, if you want to go back in time, I'll go with the 10 Commandments and the Bible that form the foundation of Western civilization but was kind of thinking of more contemporary achievements.

A few Israeli achievements...

Massachussets Institute of Technology [MIT]...
As a world leader in science and technology, Israel excels in such areas as genetics, medicine, agriculture, computer sciences, electronics, optics, and engineering. Scientists at Israeli universities such as Bar Ilan University, Ben Gurion University, Haifa University, Hebrew University, The Technion--Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science are pioneers in areas such as stem cell-based tissue engineering, nanotechnology, high-resolution electron microscopy, and solar energy. Israeli companies have developed such diverse products as the first anti-virus package, technologies that allow you to leave voice mail on mobile phones, and stents that save lives by keeping the arteries to the heart open.
MISTI MIT-Israel

Right, those are US achievements. As Israel is a slave to the US. Or we can pull out our supporting aid, miltary help adn leave them there to fend for themselves against their extremely hostile neighbors. Then, if they can survive, any further achievements are theirs to brag about. unitl then, those are US achievements. You can thank us daily.

I'm a strong believer in Israel, and I'm a strong believer in the right of Israel to exist.
Israel has the right to exist because its actions in its inception were just and because it's actions since then were just.
Israel's right for existence should stand on its own merits and not be derived from the existence or nonexistence of Arab achievements.

Sure, you can find all kinds credible sources from the references on that page, or run another search. You can go to a library too and find more detailed information I am sure. 14 centuries ago? Arabic mathematicians, who paved the way for all others, were still making discoveries in the 17th century.

Are you such a bigot that you are trying to say that these discoveries are not favorable to mankind because they did not happen in what you deem recently?

Seriously, what a fuckin wingnut. Lastly, Israel wouldn't even exist today without being a slave state to the US. So any discoveries they have made as a vasalage to the US, are US achievements.

Well, if you want to go back in time, I'll go with the 10 Commandments and the Bible that form the foundation of Western civilization but was kind of thinking of more contemporary achievements.

As a world leader in science and technology, Israel excels in such areas as genetics, medicine, agriculture, computer sciences, electronics, optics, and engineering. Scientists at Israeli universities such as Bar Ilan University, Ben Gurion University, Haifa University, Hebrew University, The Technion--Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science are pioneers in areas such as stem cell-based tissue engineering, nanotechnology, high-resolution electron microscopy, and solar energy. Israeli companies have developed such diverse products as the first anti-virus package, technologies that allow you to leave voice mail on mobile phones, and stents that save lives by keeping the arteries to the heart open.
MISTI MIT-Israel

Right, those are US achievements. As Israel is a slave to the US. Or we can pull out our supporting aid, miltary help adn leave them there to fend for themselves against their extremely hostile neighbors. Then, if they can survive, any further achievements are theirs to brag about. unitl then, those are US achievements. You can thank us daily.

You're allowed to be dumb.

http://web.mit.edu/misti/mit-israel/
Bill Gates...

Israel is by many measures the country, relative to its population, that's done the most to contribute to the technology revolution

Warren Buffett...
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't even stop at Israel. But, if you go looking for brains, for energy and for integrity, Israel is the only stop you make.

CNBC...
When you look at the NASDAQ, companies are listed from around the world. There's one country, though, that truly stands out and that is Israel
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHStBGk_D8Y]Israel Innovation - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

It's really funny how some say Israel is slave to the US while others say the US is slave to Israel.

Funny as it may be I find your comment highly inaccurate.

US aid to Israel stand on about 1.3% of Israel's GDP I think it's hardly enough for the USA to claim Israel achievements as their own.
I think Israel would survive just fine without US aid.

United States foreign aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sooo, if the US stopped supporting Israel, including all of the military technology we have handed them and simply walked away, Israel would be just fine? Interesting. We should try that out and see. I bet within a week the arab neighbors are swarming them.

They are our vassalage. We ultimately call the shots. Lets give them their sovereignty and then we'll see about all of that.

Sooo, if the US stopped supporting Israel, including all of the military technology we have handed them and simply walked away, Israel would be just fine? Interesting. We should try that out and see. I bet within a week the arab neighbors are swarming them.

They are our vassalage. We ultimately call the shots. Lets give them their sovereignty and then we'll see about all of that.
Israel is the only nuclear power in the ME. You don't think they have the biggest stick?

I have a better one. Let's compare great American Conservative achievements with Great American Liberal achievements.

Just kidding. All Conservatives have are failed policies and ill advised wars. They don't even believe in science and think education is for snobs.

Yep that "War on Poverty" of LBJ's has sure worked great, hasn't it?

And Vietnam started by Kennedy and fueled by LBJ was great, too, wasn't. And our young men were FORCED to join the military and fight in that one. Yeah, that was great.

Where in God's name did you get that stupid, stupid idea that conservatives don't believe in science and think education is for snobs. that is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Just idiotic.

Last edited:

You better hope Israel doesn't stop supporting Google, Microsoft, Apple, Intel and other important companies that rely on Israel, since the US has fallen behind.

Wall Street Journal: Where Tech Keeps Booming, In Israel, a Clustering of Talent, Research Universities and Venture Capital...

"Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."
There are more new innovative ideas coming out of Israel than there are out in Silicon Valley right now. And it doesn't slow during economic downturns." The authors of "Start-Up Nation," Dan Senor and Saul Singer, are quoting an executive at British Telecom, but they could just as easily be quoting an executive at Intel, which last year opened a $3.5 billion factory in Kiryat Gat, an hour south of Tel Aviv, to make sophisticated 45-nanometer chips; or Warren Buffett, who in 2006 paid $4 billion for four-fifths of an Israeli firm that makes high-tech cutting tools for cars and planes; or John Chambers, Cisco's chief executive, who has bought nine Israeli start-ups; or Steve Ballmer, who calls Microsoft "as much an Israeli company as an American company" because of the importance of its Israeli technologists. "Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."

Israel is the world's techno-nation. Civilian research-and-development expenditures run 4.5% of the gross domestic product—half-again the level of the U.S., Germany or South Korea—and venture-capital investment per capita is 2½ times that of the U.S. and six times that of the United Kingdom. Even in absolute terms, Israel has only the U.S.—with more than 40 times the population—as a challenger.

Israel—a country of just 7.1 million people—attracted close to $2 billion in venture capital in 2008, as much as flowed to the U.K.'s 61 million citizens or the 145 million people living in Germany and France combined." At the start of 2009, some 63 Israeli companies were listed on the Nasdaq, more than those of any other foreign country. Among the Israeli firms: Teva Pharmaceuticals, the world's largest generic drug maker, with a market cap of $48 billion; and Check Point Software Technologies, with a market cap of $7 billion.
Book Review: "Start-Up Nation" - WSJ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a better one. Let's compare great American Conservative achievements with Great American Liberal achievements.

Just kidding. All Conservatives have are failed policies and ill advised wars. They don't even believe in science and think education is for snobs.

Yep that "War on Poverty" of LBJ's has sure worked great, hasn't it?

And Vietnam started by Kennedy and fueled by LBJ was great, too, wasn't. And our young men were FORCED to join the military and fight in that one. Yeah, that was great.

Where in God's name did you get that stupid, stupid idea that conservatives don't believe in science and think education is for snobs. that is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Just idiotic.
Actually, Eisenhower started Vietnam, Kennedy escalated the conflict and Johnson's Gulf of Tonkin lie kicked it into high gear.

We can also thank Johnson for Iraq as well, for giving Bush/Cheney the formula for starting a war where there was no threat.

Israel is the only nuclear power in the ME. You don't think they have the biggest stick?

Pakistan has nukes too. They are not the only holders of the nuke.

Pakistan has nukes too. They are not the only holders of the nuke.
All Pakistan cares about is nuking India.

Those two are just obscessed with each other.

Any responses to the original post pertaining to Arab Muslim achievement? The 5 people on this board are no doubt interested.

JStone, you seem to forget that Albert Einstein's equations are built with an Arabic system: Algebra. He, like every other Jewish (and gentile) mathematician and physicist, relied on Arabic numerals to explain his equations and theories. Seems like the Jew isn't as superior as you like to make out, eh?

But please, feel free to exemplify your stupidity by replying with an entirely unrelated YouTube clip or outdated link promoting Israeli industry.
It was discussed on this forum a few days ago that the father of Algebra was a Persian. You should check things out before making outrageously false claims.

MISTI MIT-Israel

Where do you get all of your pertinent information, professor?

Forum List

Back