Lets build a bomb shelter

I got the plans to build a bomb shelter from the govt. in 1978, I finally bought the land in 1998 but never did get around to building that bomb shelter. I am sure thats the same story of others who wanted to build one. My opinon was always why would you want to survive a all out nuclear war.

This video will let those younger on the boards what we all found important and worried about in our young days. Welcome to the 1960s:);)

My father in law built his house on an old school slab that had burned down years before.
It had a basement which was actually the old schools locker room.
It was built with poured concrete so it was beefy as hell.
It had a secret room he added that if you dint know it was there you'd never find it.
He was old school and had lived through the depression and the nuke war threat.
He worked on the Alaskan Pipeline for six months a year and would go home for six months and work on his house.
He built the whole thing by himself and it was a damn nice place. Huge stone fireplace and hardwood floors.
It's funny,the wife used to laugh at his "paranoia" now she totally understands his concern and has become like minded.

I got the plans to build a bomb shelter from the govt. in 1978, I finally bought the land in 1998 but never did get around to building that bomb shelter.
I don't think the Russians have any plans to drop atomic bombs on Barry Williams.

Forum List

Back