Lets apologize

You can apologize with gestures and not actually saying ''sorry''. Have to see what happens..

Where is Obama apologizing? What exactly do you find wrong with this? Partisan hack much? :cuckoo:

What is wrong? The sites are used to bash the US. The sponsors at those cites make the claim that the bombs never needed to be dropped. That the US was racist for dropping them. They ignore the fact they started the war and then when they lost refused to surrender, that they planned mass human wave bamboo spear attacks with civilians on any invasion that took place. That the bombs actually saved millions of lives. That it was a WAR. And the bombs were dropped on MILITARY Targets.

This President is sending our Ambassador to a site who's sole purpose is to attack the US.

We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

U.S., allies to send first delegation to Hiroshima memorial - Yahoo! News

This President is an idiot.

Sorry dude but sending a representative to the anniversary or whatever exactly it is who isn't even scheduled to speak is not apologizing.

We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

Sorry dude but sending a representative to the anniversary or whatever exactly it is who isn't even scheduled to speak is not apologizing.

Appearance wise it is. As I explained in my follow on post. That site is simply a means a attack the US. Always has been.

Appearance wise it is. As I explained in my follow on post. That site is simply a means a attack the US. Always has been.

As a senior in high school, I had a Japanese exchange student , in 1997 I visited her and her family in Japan, the Japanese people are very much a shame culture and are VERY ashamed of the actions of their ancestors, they are in noway like the Muslims who blame their bad behavior on others, they don't bash the US for dropping the bomb.

What is wrong? The sites are used to bash the US. The sponsors at those cites make the claim that the bombs never needed to be dropped. That the US was racist for dropping them. They ignore the fact they started the war and then when they lost refused to surrender, that they planned mass human wave bamboo spear attacks with civilians on any invasion that took place. That the bombs actually saved millions of lives. That it was a WAR. And the bombs were dropped on MILITARY Targets.

This President is sending our Ambassador to a site who's sole purpose is to attack the US.

Link as to where the people behind it support it?

From your own link:

The memorial event will feature a minute of silence and the release of 1,000 white doves, AFP reported. The thousands of Japanese who survived the attack, but spent the rest of their lives suffering the affect-effects of injuries, illness and grief, will also be honored.

During a previous visit to the city, Ambassador Roos toured the Hiroshima Peace Museum and left a note in the guestbook that read: "A visit to Hiroshima is a powerful reminder of the destructiveness of nuclear weapons, and underscores the importance of working together to seek the peace and security of a world without them."

What I bolded is my opinion on this.

There is no getting rid of nuclear weapons. The genie is out of the bottle. Only a fool would get rid of our arsenal.

As a senior in high school, I had a Japanese exchange student , in 1997 I visited her and her family in Japan, the Japanese people are very much a shame culture and are VERY ashamed of the actions of their ancestors, they are in noway like the Muslims who blame their bad behavior on others, they don't bash the US for dropping the bomb.

I think that is very true. Good point.

I'll give Obama a pass on this one.....I don't see it as "apologizing"

We did the right thing in dropping those bombs, enough was enough. No more american lives needed to be lost continuing to fight against a nation who was defeated, but was willing to continue fighting to the last man.....I see this more as an acknowledment that sadly, we had to do what we had to do and, show respect to those who died at the hands of their own governments unwillingness to simply admit defeat and surrender.....Obama deserves a pass on this one.

Just put phrase through google, this came up:

U.S. Delegation will not offer apology at Hiroshima Ceremony - CafeMom

The U.S. delegation will not offer an apology for dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki when it attends a ceremony in Japan on Friday marking the 65th anniversary of the attacks, which brought World War II to an end.

State Department spokesman Noel Clay said no apology will be offered by the delegation, to be led by U.S. Ambassador John Roos, at the ceremony in Hiroshima.

Once again, RGS talking out of his ass.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
just curious....has any official japanese entourage ever visited pearl harbor on dec. 7?

Several, several, several contingents of Japanese WWII vets have visited the site on various dates, including Dec, 7. I really don't know off the top of my head if there has been a government sponsored visit though.

I believe the Japanese emperor and his wife visited Pearl back in 2009.....I'm not in the mood to go searching but, if somebody else is, please do provide a link.

Japanese Navy ships have visited the site out of respect. And Many former pilots who participated in the attack have visited the site to pay their respects. Many have said they knew they awoke "a sleeping giant" even as they were dropping bombs and, were very critical of the emperors decision to attack.

They weren't there to apologize, they simply paid respect. And I fully believe that is what our visit will be about.

Last edited:
I believe the Japanese emperor and his wife visited Pearl back in 2009.....I'm not in the mood to go searching but, if somebody else is, please do provide a link.

Japanese Navy ships have visited the site out of respect. And Many former pilots who participated in the attack have visited the site to pay their respects. Many have said they knew they awoke "a sleeping giant" even as they were dropping bombs and, were very critical of the emperors decision to attack.

They weren't there to apologize, they simply paid respect. And I fully believe that is what our visit will be about.

You'd be correct.

Japanese emperor to visit Pearl Harbor for first time since war - Telegraph

The trip, which is likely to include a visit to the USS Arizona Memorial, is considered highly symbolic. No Japanese political leader has ever visited the site of the December 7, 1941, attack - an event that President Franklin D. Roosevelt described as a “day of infamy.”

I'm pretty sure he ended up going too.

For the record, neither nuking Japan nor an invasion of Japan was necessary to end the war.

I'd love to hear those who call the US racist for dropping the bombs on Japan, considering we planned using an atomic bomb on Germany if the Battle of the Bulge had failed.

Forum List

Back