Lets apologize

I'd love to hear those who call the US racist for dropping the bombs on Japan, considering we planned using an atomic bomb on Germany if the Battle of the Bulge had failed.
As far as I can tell, RGS is the only one that called the US racist for dropping the bombs.

RGS is a hate filled freak who forgets that we are now friends with Japan.

You can apologize with gestures and not actually saying ''sorry''. Have to see what happens..

We really have zero to apologize for. Japan attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Have they every apologized?

I'd love to hear those who call the US racist for dropping the bombs on Japan, considering we planned using an atomic bomb on Germany if the Battle of the Bulge had failed.
As far as I can tell, RGS is the only one that called the US racist for dropping the bombs.

RGS is a hate filled freak who forgets that we are now friends with Japan.

you are incorrect,, I believe Tom Hanks did.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...r-war-in-pacific-driven-by-racism-and-terror/

Last edited:
We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

U.S., allies to send first delegation to Hiroshima memorial - Yahoo! News

This President is an idiot.

Is that what you call an excuse? The end justifies the means...? Pathetic!!!

1. If you were alive at the time, you were nothing more than a kid!!! Don't act like you were there!!!

2. We successfully drop a second bomb; this means that we had air supremacy; we could had drop a "warning bomb", just outside of Hiroshima for the emperor to see.

3. It was dropped on civilians, not on a REAL military target. You saw how we were angered at the idea of our civilians being killed. We only lost +3000 at 9/11, they lost 70,000.

I support any President Obama's willingness to admit that the decision as to where to drop the bomb was ill advised. However, as always with you conservatives, I still don't see in your link, a quote from President Obama supporting your claim. I don't see a quote from him offering an official apology. Figures start to lie when liars start to figure:eusa_liar:

President Obama is smart enough to understand the idea of apologizing for the way an action was carried out versus apologizing for why the action was carried out.

You could understand if you would care to listen; but before you can listen, you must dig the poop out of your ears; but before you you dig the poop out of your ears, you must first pull your head out of your a...

Food for thought.

Was it this despicable?

PrunefaceBitburg.jpg

For the record, neither nuking Japan nor an invasion of Japan was necessary to end the war.
My wife is from Okinawa so obviously she's Japanese. Her grandmother and grandfather were at Hiroshima the day it was bombed.

Her grandfather was too small to join the Japanese Army (imagine that) so he worked as an engineer for the government. He actually had a hand in designing some of the suicide planes. As an aircraft nut, he and I had some interesting conversations, limited by my poor Japanese and his Okinawan dialect. My wife translated for us most of the time. He said the F6F Hellcat turned the tide in the Pacific as most war buffs would agree.

The week of the bombing he and his wife attended a meeting in Hiroshima. The day of the bombing he fell sick and stayed at the little apartment on the outskirts of the city. His wife saw the B-29 fly over and witnessed the mushroom cloud.

The next day he walked into the city and said "It was hell on hearth". But he also said this: "America had to do it. Japan was under Military rule and was never going to surrender". He never showed any animosity toward Americans and in fact, encouraged his grand daughters to marry Americans and move to America.

Whenever I hear people talk about how terrible America was for dropping the bomb I tell them this story. I have a few pictures of him I'll post later if I can find them.

For the record, neither nuking Japan nor an invasion of Japan was necessary to end the war.
My wife is from Okinawa so obviously she's Japanese. Her grandmother and grandfather were at Hiroshima the day it was bombed.

Her grandfather was too small to join the Japanese Army (imagine that) so he worked as an engineer for the government. He actually had a hand in designing some of the suicide planes. As an aircraft nut, he and I had some interesting conversations, limited by my poor Japanese and his Okinawan dialect. My wife translated for us most of the time. He said the F6F Hellcat turned the tide in the Pacific as most war buffs would agree.

The week of the bombing he and his wife attended a meeting in Hiroshima. The day of the bombing he fell sick and stayed at the little apartment on the outskirts of the city. His wife saw the B-29 fly over and witnessed the mushroom cloud.

The next day he walked into the city and said "It was hell on hearth". But he also said this: "America had to do it. Japan was under Military rule and was never going to surrender". He never showed any animosity toward Americans and in fact, encouraged his grand daughters to marry Americans and move to America.

Whenever I hear people talk about how terrible America was for dropping the bomb I tell them this story. I have a few pictures of him I'll post later if I can find them.

Great story. This memorial was billed as way to bring people together in hopes that nukes will never be used again. I haven't heard anything about apologies, except from the haters.

We had no choice, it was either use the bombs or invade, an invasion would probably seen millions of dead Japanese soldiers and civilians. It took 2 bombs to convince the Emperor to surrender. And even then his Army tried to stage a coup to prevent it.

1. If you were alive at the time, you were nothing more than a kid!!! Don't act like you were there!!!

2. We successfully drop a second bomb; this means that we had air supremacy; we could had drop a "warning bomb", just outside of Hiroshima for the emperor to see.

3. It was dropped on civilians, not on a REAL military target. You saw how we were angered at the idea of our civilians being killed. We only lost +3000 at 9/11, they lost 70,000.

I support any President Obama's willingness to admit that the decision as to where to drop the bomb was ill advised. However, as always with you conservatives, I still don't see in your link, a quote from President Obama supporting your claim. I don't see a quote from him offering an official apology. Figures start to lie when liars start to figure:eusa_liar:

President Obama is smart enough to understand the idea of apologizing for the way an action was carried out versus apologizing for why the action was carried out.

You could understand if you would care to listen; but before you can listen, you must dig the poop out of your ears; but before you you dig the poop out of your ears, you must first pull your head out of your a...

Food for thought.

It was very much dropped on a "real" military target. Hiroshima was an industrial city manufacturing military assests. The PEOPLE making them were the enemy, just as much as the soldiers using the weapons that they were making. There were several army headquarters there and it was a supply shipping hub. It was a HUGE military target.

Carry on with your re-writing history. :eusa_liar:

I will only accept the apology of CornHole and Hairy Dristan. Until such time they have been condemed to Yukon's purgatory which means I will not offer any spiritual guidance to them nor will I respond to their direct posts.

Food for thought.

so Japan rapes, tortures, performs scientific experiements on TENS OF MILLIONS of Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese and Indonesians and we are supposed to somehow feel guilty about putting an end to that? why?

so bombing an actual city doesn't cause japan to surrender, but a warning bomb near the city would have worked?

why does Japan get such a pass when it comes to their actions leading up to and during WWII? everyone knows, Nazis are evil. you ask the average American about Japan's actions, and all they'll be able to tell you is Pearl Harbor and Hirsohima. Why is that?

The most humane war possible is one fought with overwhelming force and with as much savagery as is necessary to bring it to a speedy and absolute conclusion with the side that wants peace being the victor. And then require your vanquished foe to behave decently and make him your friend as we did with Germany and Japan. That saves the most lives possible and accomplishes a satisfactory outcome.

Only wars that just stop and aren't won leave enemies firmly in place for decades or centuries.

And the absence of war is not necessarily peace.

Think back to the 1930s when the Japanese murdered an estimated 3 million to 10 million people in China, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines and Indochina; and on December 7, 1941 when they attacked Pearl Harbor, killing over 2,400 Americans. I'm betting that most of Japan's at-the-time 60 million population were peace-loving people and would have wanted nothing to do with the brutal slaughter in China and the attack on the U.S. In formulating our response to the attack, should President Roosevelt have taken into account the fact that most Japanese are peace-loving people ruled by fanatics? Should our military have only gone after the Japanese pilots and their naval armada? I'd also wager that most Germans were peace-loving people and not part of the Nazi sadists wanting to wage war on their neighbors and exterminate the Jews. Again, should Roosevelt and Churchill have taken that into account in their response to German militarism? My answer is no and thank God it was their answer as well. Whether most Germans, Italians or Japanese were peace-loving or not was entirely irrelevant in formulating the Allied response to their militarism.

Horrible acts can be committed in countries where most of the people are peace-loving and simply want to be left alone to attend to their affairs. I imagine that described most of the people in the former Soviet Union; however, that did not stop the killing of an estimated 62 million people between 1917 and 1987. The same can be said of the Chinese people, but it didn't stop the killing of 35 million of their countrymen during Mao Zedong's reign. Whether most people of a country are peace-loving or not is not nearly as important as who's calling the shots. -- Walter Williams

Townhall - Walter E. Williams - Peace-loving Muslims

Really now. Who cares who visits Pearl Harbour on Dec 7th or any other date for that matter ? Get serious. The Japs attacked Pearl Harbour 69 years ago, who cares? WWII is over. The little "bendy legged" Japs were vapourized in Aug 1945 and good riddence too. If the US had a leader with testicles they would vapourize those Arab fucks in KIran and do the same with the stone age cocksucking ball licking Afhans. Afghanistan is not worth one American, Canadian, or British soldiers life. Fuck 'em all.

ex- FR. YUKON

Good point. We could have surrendered. That would have ended the war immediately.

Japan was willing to end hostilities before we dropped the bomb.

"I was against it on two counts. First, the Japanese were ready to surrender, and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing. Second, I hated to see our country be the first to use such a weapon." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Food for thought.

It was very much dropped on a "real" military target. Hiroshima was an industrial city manufacturing military assests. The PEOPLE making them were the enemy, just as much as the soldiers using the weapons that they were making. There were several army headquarters there and it was a supply shipping hub. It was a HUGE military target.

Carry on with your re-writing history. :eusa_liar:

So if Japan or Germany had bombed Detroit that would have simply been a military target, right?

I believe the Japanese emperor and his wife visited Pearl back in 2009.....I'm not in the mood to go searching but, if somebody else is, please do provide a link.

Japanese Navy ships have visited the site out of respect. And Many former pilots who participated in the attack have visited the site to pay their respects. Many have said they knew they awoke "a sleeping giant" even as they were dropping bombs and, were very critical of the emperors decision to attack.

They weren't there to apologize, they simply paid respect. And I fully believe that is what our visit will be about.

You'd be correct.

Japanese emperor to visit Pearl Harbor for first time since war - Telegraph

The trip, which is likely to include a visit to the USS Arizona Memorial, is considered highly symbolic. No Japanese political leader has ever visited the site of the December 7, 1941, attack - an event that President Franklin D. Roosevelt described as a “day of infamy.”
I'm pretty sure he ended up going too.

I can find no mention of him actually being there, which leads me to believe he never actually followed through for some reason. My guess would be security concerns of some type. Even if he had gone, the visit would not have been on the anniversary of the attack, because that would send a political message that he did not want to send.

Quite true. I just believe that the alternative would have been worse, and we would probably still be in a state of war with them, just like we are with North Korea.

Forum List

Back