Who will solve the problems?

R

rdean

Watching Morning Joe, there was a Republican Senator from Florida complaining about the dispersant used to disperse the oil from the Gulf disaster. Several times, he said the government should get Universities and colleges involved to do studies on the effects of these chemicals on the food chain.

I’ve heard many people talking about going “nuclear” as a source of energy. That will take scientists and engineers.

Electric cars, not something you can make in your garage.

Education is expensive. Educating scientists and engineers is very expensive.

For a country that depends on the educated, why is there so little support for education?

We spend more in real dollars per pupil on education than ever in the history of this country. It's not lack of money - it's the bullshit progressive propaganda curriculum.

As to who is the best at creating new products: The Private Sector.

Get the Government out of the way of Investors and Entrepreneurs.

We spend more in real dollars per pupil on education than ever in the history of this country. It's not lack of money - it's the bullshit progressive propaganda curriculum.

EXACTLY. No more grants. No more public education and no more continued ed for veterans.
Get the damn govt out of everything.
Fucking brainwashed dolt.

God you guys are dumb. True dumbass.

boedicca, start writing down the inventions that came from NASA and were picked up by the private sector and I suspect you will be surprised.

Don't let me tell you, go find out on your own before you make another stupid comment. What the fuck are you? Blond?

The right has no respect for education. What a shame. They will forever depend on the Democrats to take care of them, feed them, clothe them. It's too bad your vote doesn't match your contribution to society. We wouldn't have to worry about Republicans and their ruinous policies. Pity.

For a country that depends on the educated, why is there so little support for education?

Many years ago I ran across a quote. It was attributed to Machiavelli at the time but I have not been able to confirm this. It goes:

There are three kinds of people. Those who can learn without help. People who can learn with help. And people who can't learn.

It isn't education that is expensive it is schooling that is expensive. And we assume that schooling is the primary means of education. What do you think a "smart" kid would learn by building one of these?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rbwhPohLVs]YouTube - REAL WORKING MODEL ENGINE[/ame]

The printing press came into use just a few decades before Machiavelli was born. Now we have computers and the Internet. They can be a new method of education or they can be a new way to waste time. For me schools did not make science very interesting especially in grade school. But I discovered science fiction at age 9. And that was long before Star Wars which is NOT SCIENCE fiction.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of All Day September, by Roger Kuykendall.

Celestia: Home

All_Day_SCI-fi - - All_Day_SCI-fi

Keeping the grade schools from killing children's curiosity is the major hurdle. After that maybe it is just a matter of getting out of their way. :lol:

psik

ps - Star Wars is not Science Fiction

If God had wanted man to fly he would have given us rocket powered farts.

Watching Morning Joe,
That's your problem right there.
Yeah, watching a balanced program with a non-crazy conservative as its host, is a problem for the wingnuts! They can't have you thinking for yourself now. Eat your O'Limbeck pablum and don't say ANYTHING beyond "ditto"!!!
"Mourning Blow" is that show with the hot talking head who takes dictation direct from the White House on her BlackBerry right?

Nice job of "thinking for herself"! :lol:

some of us could make an electric car in our workshop.

But why were turbine cars banned after one almost won the Indy 500 in 1968?

The problem isn't just creating technology it is implementing its use on a large scale.

Why don't we hear our so called scientists talking about PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE?

psik

He will !

Attachments

• $super_nigger.jpg
    $super_nigger.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 96
some of us could make an electric car in our workshop.

But why were turbine cars banned after one almost won the Indy 500 in 1968?

The problem isn't just creating technology it is implementing its use on a large scale.

psik

Profits.

Many years ago I ran across a quote. It was attributed to Machiavelli at the time but I have not been able to confirm this. It goes:

There are three kinds of people. Those who can learn without help. People who can learn with help. And people who can't learn.

It isn't education that is expensive it is schooling that is expensive. And we assume that schooling is the primary means of education. What do you think a "smart" kid would learn by building one of these?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rbwhPohLVs]YouTube - REAL WORKING MODEL ENGINE[/ame]

The printing press came into use just a few decades before Machiavelli was born. Now we have computers and the Internet. They can be a new method of education or they can be a new way to waste time. For me schools did not make science very interesting especially in grade school. But I discovered science fiction at age 9. And that was long before Star Wars which is NOT SCIENCE fiction.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of All Day September, by Roger Kuykendall.

Celestia: Home

All_Day_SCI-fi - - All_Day_SCI-fi

Keeping the grade schools from killing children's curiosity is the major hurdle. After that maybe it is just a matter of getting out of their way. :lol:

psik

ps - Star Wars is not Science Fiction

You do realize the the Evil Emporer was actually 100% in the right, legally, and that the entire case that the Jedi knights had against him was based purely on religious prejudice, right?

Wingnut Theocrats!

Will you ever awaken out of your fog?

I remember when it didn't take a college degree to get a good job, and that was a pretty nice reality compared to today. Now my father worked for NASA and played a major role in getting Apollo to the moon. His generation created the technology. True this was made possible by the GI bill and the college education these guys got. But since then, the college education has deteriorated and the cost has gone out of sight.:eusa_hand:

On the other hand The Teaching Company makes college courses available for a couple hundred dollars or some are on sale for $19.95. We can all do as Ben Franklin and Abe Lincoln did, educate ourselves. And we have the wonderful advantage they didn't have, the Internet. With the technology we have today, we have the chance to be highly educated people and to the make the dream of our forefathers totally awesome! But this won't happen if we behave like sheeple dependent on colleges and industry to provide our needs, like one of the Star Trek shows where a computer runs everything. I think we are loosing our liberty and independence. I have known 8th grade drop outs who invented something and created their own business around their invention. That was before we got so smart.

The following is from about. com : inventors
There was a time when inventions were created in people's garages. I think we have become overly reliant on college education.

The History of Electric Vehicles

The Early Years - Electric Cars (1890 - 1930)

Between 1832 and 1839 (the exact year is uncertain), Robert Anderson of Scotland invented the first crude electric carriage. A small-scale electric car was designed by Professor Stratingh of Groningen, Holland, and built by his assistant Christopher Becker in 1835. Practical and more successful electric road vehicles were invented by both American Thomas Davenport and Scotsmen Robert Davidson around 1842. Both inventors were the first to use non-rechargeable electric cells. Frenchmen Gaston Plante invented a better storage battery in 1865 and his fellow countrymen Camille Faure improved the storage battery in 1881. This improved-capacity storage battery paved the way for electric vehicles to flourish.

Last edited:

It is curious how the believers in theprivate sector never suggest that accounting be mandatoryin the schools.

Fifth graders can learn accounting as well as collegians

psik

That's your problem right there.
Yeah, watching a balanced program with a non-crazy conservative as its host, is a problem for the wingnuts! They can't have you thinking for yourself now. Eat your O'Limbeck pablum and don't say ANYTHING beyond "ditto"!!!
"Mourning Blow" is that show with the hot talking head who takes dictation direct from the White House on her BlackBerry right?
Nice job of "thinking for herself"! :lol:

Per usual, you're wrong. How can we take you seriously given your specious comments?

Forum List

Back