Let The Fights Begin...NAGIN ON BLANCO

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
After days of blaming the federal officials for not responding quickly enough to the Hurricane Katrina crisis, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin praised President Bush on Monday - and charged that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco had delayed federal rescue efforts by 24-hours.

"I'm so happy that the president came down here," Nagin said of Bush's Friday visit to Louisiana in an interview with CNN. "He came down and saw it, and he put a general on the field. His name is General Honore. And when he hit the field, we started to see action."

Story Continues Below

But Nagin had harsh words for his state's leaders, telling CNN: "What the state was doing, I don't frigging know. But I tell you, I am pissed. It wasn't adequate."
The New Orleans Democrat said he urged Bush to meet privately with Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco during the visit. The meeting took place aboard Air Force One, he said.

After reviewing the crisis with Gov. Blanco, Bush summoned Nagin for a private chat - where, according to Nagin, Bush explained: "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the governor. I said . . . I was ready to move today. The governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision."

Reacting to the governor's footdragging, Nagin lamented: "It would have been great if we could of left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out."

"It didn't happen, and more people died."

I'm going to take Blanco, that she KOs Nagin in the fourth round, since she already threathened to punch the president... Sheesh, these two have got to be the lammest numbskulls, and to think they were put in charge... :dunno:

Stephanie said:
After days of blaming the federal officials for not responding quickly enough to the Hurricane Katrina crisis, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin praised President Bush on Monday - and charged that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco had delayed federal rescue efforts by 24-hours.

"I'm so happy that the president came down here," Nagin said of Bush's Friday visit to Louisiana in an interview with CNN. "He came down and saw it, and he put a general on the field. His name is General Honore. And when he hit the field, we started to see action."

Story Continues Below

But Nagin had harsh words for his state's leaders, telling CNN: "What the state was doing, I don't frigging know. But I tell you, I am pissed. It wasn't adequate."
The New Orleans Democrat said he urged Bush to meet privately with Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco during the visit. The meeting took place aboard Air Force One, he said.

After reviewing the crisis with Gov. Blanco, Bush summoned Nagin for a private chat - where, according to Nagin, Bush explained: "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the governor. I said . . . I was ready to move today. The governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision."

Reacting to the governor's footdragging, Nagin lamented: "It would have been great if we could of left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out."

"It didn't happen, and more people died."

I'm going to take Blanco, that she KOs Nagin in the fourth round, since she already threathened to punch the president... Sheesh, these two have got to be the lammest numbskulls, and to think they were put in charge... :dunno:

I think Blanco is gonna get squeezed and have her ass handed to her:)

Stephanie said:

I thought it was Senator Mary Landreui or however you spell it that threated to punch the President.

I seem to think that the overarching question here is, what the heck is Mayor Nagin doing???? All ive seen him do yet is complain that others arent doing his job.

I thought it was Senator Mary Landreui or however you spell it that threated to punch the President.

I seem to think that the overarching question here is, what the heck is Mayor Nagin doing???? All ive seen him do yet is complain that others arent doing his job.

He was beating on his chest and saying "If the president and the governor don't want to do anything about this, then they should hand over the reins to me!"

Yeah right, then what?

nucular said:
He was beating on his chest and saying "If the president and the governor don't want to do anything about this, then they should hand over the reins to me!"

Yeah right, then what?

Yeah, Mr Mayor happens to have the problem that it's backwards. He should have had control of the situation to begin with and if he doesn't want to do it than the President and Governor should do something about it.

I understood that it was the Governor's responsibility to call in the Cavalry. Nagin has problems, too, but I think the ultimate responsibility for failing to have a disaster plan at the ready, and for failing to pull the trigger, lies with Blanco.

On a side note, I am impressed with how our President can affect people in a one-on-one. For a guy who is supposed to be such a lousy communicator, he can really turn people around. He did it with Cindy Sheehan on her first meeting with him, and he appears to have done it with Nagin as well.

President Bush: :thewave:

(I also thought it was Landrieu who threatened to punch the President.)

Abbey Normal said:
I understood that it was the Governor's responsibility to call in the Cavalry. Nagin has problems, too, but I think the ultimate responsibility for failing to have a disaster plan at the ready, and for failing to pull the trigger, lies with Blanco.

On a side note, I am impressed with how our President can affect people in a one-on-one. For a guy who is supposed to be such a lousy communicator, he can really turn people around. He did it with Cindy Sheehan on her first meeting with him, and he appears to have done it with Nagin as well.

President Bush: :thewave:

(I also thought it was Landrieu who threatened to punch the President.)

I agree 100%.

My question is this....when will one of the two turn this into a "race" questions...."blah blah blah..if the governor was more sensitive to the plight of the african-americans blah blah blah..."....."Blanco translates to 'white' in Spanish...blah blah blah"

It's coming....

It was Senator Mary Landreui, who threatened to punch the president... My mistake...

Forum List

Back