Let’s Not Panic Over Romney’s Defeat

But the point is, if anything, and abortion ban would be LESS Likely to work in the US than the ROP. .

So you are not only comparing but going beyond that in your speculation. Thanks for strengthening my point.

Your final point- A law doesn't fail when it is broken. A law fails when no one obeys it because they have no fear of consequences. So while it is true that there are still murders and only 30% of murders are solved, the reality is that the fear of conviction dissuades people. .

Thanks for taking the time to disprove your own point. Very convenient.

But the point is, if anything, and abortion ban would be LESS Likely to work in the US than the ROP. .

So you are not only comparing but going beyond that in your speculation. Thanks for strengthening my point.

Actually, there are only two things the countries have in common that really count in this analysis.

They both have women with lady parts.

They both find things in those lady parts they want to get rid of.

Actually, there are only two things the countries have in common that really count in this analysis.

They both have women with lady parts.

They both find things in those lady parts they want to get rid of.

Care to elaborate on your misogynistic comments?

[

Oh, so your interests are pole-smoking, oppressing the American people, helping out your rich crony buddies, and helping an Islamic movement to sweep the Middle-East?

I really do try to take you seriously because sometimes you make intelligent arguments.

And sometimes you go off into the weeds like this.

So let's look at this.

"pole-smoking" - Are you really that insecure in your sexuality? If you really are a straight guy, how has Obama ending DADT or supporting gay marriage effect your life in any way, shape or form?

"oppressing the American people"- Um, how, exactly? You were given a chance to sell your point of view in a national election, and you failed.

"rich crony buddies"- Um, nope, sorry, that was what Romney was pushing, and people rejected it.

"helping an Islamic movement"- Okay, guy, again, this is just the crazy talking. The Middle East has been "Islamic" for 1400 years now.

Closeted in "Democracy" the Middle-East is undergoing an Islamic movement that is sweeping several nations, swinging from a mix of Dictatorships and Theocracies to radical Islamic fundamentalism ruled by Theocracies.

Obama has his rich crony buddies too. Without them he never would have had a chance in hell of being elected.

Oppressing the people is forcing them to buy a product they don't want, spying on them through the phone lines in their Twitter accounts and their Facebook pages, suing them because they won't go union, taking over their businesses or forcing them out of business using the IRS and EPA as your agents.

And finally, saying out loud that if you don't want to accept homosexuality as a part of your life or if you believe in the traditional family unit you're old fashioned or hateful, bigoted, racist, whatever they want to call you.

Oh, I forgot the new belief that wanting lower taxes is destructive to the economy and wanting spending cuts is the same as terrorism.

You live in a looney bin or your own choosing dude. I guess winning is more important than being right.

Last edited:
Your final point- A law doesn't fail when it is broken. A law fails when no one obeys it because they have no fear of consequences. So while it is true that there are still murders and only 30% of murders are solved, the reality is that the fear of conviction dissuades people. .

Thanks for taking the time to disprove your own point. Very convenient.

Again, only if you ignore the rest of the argument, which you did.

No one ever got convicted for having an abortion. I think there were two arrests in the 1920s.

If I knew that the murder laws would never result in me getting arrested, or convicted, well, the only thing keeping me from settling scores would be my own restraint.

If you mutants got Roe v. Wade overturned, a network of doctors would probably spring up overnight to keep providing them. And no jury would ever convict them. It's worse than not having a law at all, because there wouldn't be any standards.

[

Oppressing the people is forcing them to buy a product they don't want, spying on them through the phone lines in their Twitter accounts and their Facebook pages, suing them because they won't go union, taking over their businesses or forcing them out of business using the IRS and EPA as your agents.

I'm going to ignore most of your crazy talk... but I'm still wondering who these people are who don't want to buy health insurance who are being oppressed.

Frankly, I feel I'm being oppressed having to carry them when they show up at an emergency room.

[

I'm going to ignore most of your crazy talk... but I'm still wondering who these people are who don't want to buy health insurance who are being oppressed.

Frankly, I feel I'm being oppressed having to carry them when they show up at an emergency room.

It sounds crazy to a person that hasn't an open enough mind to see things from a different perspective. But then again that's why you are what you are. Everything I said was obvious and you have no answers for the questions that arise from them. But being the kind of person you are you have to ignore quite a lot to support Democrats.

Obamacare is only designed to provide insurance for roughly 30 million people. I guess you missed that part.

The rest of the law is designed to force a product down our throats that simply sucks in comparison to the ones we had before the law was signed. Explain how forcing people to buy insurance helps them or improves the economy.

Last edited:
If I knew that the murder laws would never result in me getting arrested, or convicted, well, the only thing keeping me from settling scores would be my own restraint.

Most of the time they aren't, and society functions because the restraint (and sorry if it scares you but MORALITY) of citizens based on shared values does keep the peace to a large extent. If abortion were fully outlawed then doctors and their clients would certainly be arrested and convicted. All of them? Most of them? Probably not. But very few people are calling for such a radical approach. The overturn of Roe v. Wade would NOT result in such a circumstance. States would be free to craft their own laws on the matter (as it should be) and some would be more restrictive and some more permissive. Very few states would outlaw the practice altogether, and women residing in those states could travel or move to another state.

Oh, and I guess something else would keep the likes of YOU from "settling scores."

This is why Prohibition failed. People openly broke the law and law enforcement winked at them when they did it.

No they didn't.

Um, yeah, actually, they did. Prohibition was a PROFOUND failure that most of you guys never seem to want to learn from.

Prohibition was stongly enforced and many were jailed during that period for violating it. You really are ignorant of US history, aren't you?

Oh, yes, they did, despite attempts to enforce it, or the amendment would not have been done away with.

The American people then, as the American people now with abortion restrictions, simply won't accept it.

This is why Prohibition failed. People openly broke the law and law enforcement winked at them when they did it.

No they didn't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back