Let me tell you about my Windows 10 pain today....

Go fifteen years back, when Linux could be found in stores and was even more professional and sophisticated than it is today.
Utter nonsense. The latest distros are light years ahead of the early days. Even four years ago I could barely install a distro and had to search for this and that to fix issues. Haven't had to do that for a long time.

Runs all my hardware, every distro, and never freezes up.
Today, every backyard nutjob is doing his own distro and they are all crap with few exceptions.
You're so full of shit your eyes are brown but don't worry, you'll still get that M$ check to continue shilling for them. :thup:
Funny argument - but not valid...
That was an argument? I thought it was an insult..... :dunno:
Oh, an insult, you say? Did I react as if I gave a fucking shit?

Go fifteen years back, when Linux could be found in stores and was even more professional and sophisticated than it is today.
Utter nonsense. The latest distros are light years ahead of the early days. Even four years ago I could barely install a distro and had to search for this and that to fix issues. Haven't had to do that for a long time.

Today, every backyard nutjob is doing his own distro and they are all crap with few exceptions.
None of them I've tried has been crappy. And I've installed many over the years. Your arrogance won't hide your ignorance.
I installed several and they all had their issues. I began with Ubuntu and it was just a mess. It froze my computer upon the end of the installation to such an extend that I had to turn it off and out of the box sound didn´t come true. I checked mp3 and it wouldn´t play mp3 at all. I could not use my Internet stick as id didn´t work.

And Ubuntu us the major distro, right?
Again, how long ago was that? During the height of the Persian Empire?

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown but don't worry, you'll still get that M$ check to continue shilling for them. :thup:
You never have before, why should I expect you to now? :dunno:

I installed several and they all had their issues. I began with Ubuntu and it was just a mess. It froze my computer upon the end of the installation to such an extend that I had to turn it off and out of the box sound didn´t come true. I checked mp3 and it wouldn´t play mp3 at all. I could not use my Internet stick as id didn´t work.

I'm on Kubuntu right now. It is possible you had incompatible hardware but I haven't had those issues. Ubuntu list hardware and has a big forum. It won't run your toaster but like I said, everything works for me, scanners, dual monitors, any printer I've tried, cell phone, tablet, drawing tablets (Wacom and Huion).

I'm on Kubuntu right now. It is possible you had incompatible hardware but I haven't had those issues. Ubuntu list hardware and has a big forum. It won't run your toaster but like I said, everything works for me, scanners, dual monitors, any printer I've tried, cell phone, tablet, drawing tablets (Wacom and Huion).
Like any Microsoft shill he probably tried Ubuntu 15 - 20 years ago and wants everyone to think Ubuntu and Linux in general remained static. Also keep in mind that according to Blei Putin, the Russian Federation and Microsoft can do no wrong........ That speaks volumes.......

People suddenly come up with insults. Once they start insulting, the readers know thy ran out of arguments.

None of them I've tried has been crappy. And I've installed many over the years. Your arrogance won't hide your ignorance.

Ubuntu 10.10

Yeah, when the manufacturers provide drivers or the standard drivers work. There is no guarantee that this is the case.

People suddenly come up with insults. Once they start insulting, the readers know thy ran out of arguments.
Nice try but no, not in this case. Here it means you're arguments are so obviously, pathetically propagandist that any further argument is a waste of time and effort. :thup:

Yeah, when the manufacturers provide drivers or the standard drivers work. There is no guarantee that this is the case.
Lots easier to do with Linux so that may motivate them. You are painting with a very broad brush with very limited experience.

Ubuntu 10.10
Then I call bull shit, obviously you neglected to check the 'install third party software' during installation or did you simply try it out without installing it...... That would explain it.

Ubuntu 10.10
Then I call bull shit, obviously you neglected to check the 'install third party software' during installation or did you simply try it out without installing it...... That would explain it.
Don´t remember. I only remember that I checked that mp3 codec box. Is that third party software included or will it have to be downloaded?

Lots easier to do with Linux so that may motivate them. You are painting with a very broad brush with very limited experience.
Cannot say if it is easier but that most software and hardware companies don´t see advantage in supporting Linux.

Cannot say if it is easier but that most software and hardware companies don´t see advantage in supporting Linux.
Explain why everything works for me regardless of the distro. Maybe they didn't get your memo?

Ubuntu 10.10
Don´t remember. I only remember that I checked that mp3 codec box. Is that third party software included or will it have to be downloaded?
They're called 'Restricted Extras', not installed unless you approve them during installation or install them via the Software Center after installation. Most of the codecs are proprietary and not all Ubuntu users want the proprietary software on their computers which is why it's an option and not the automatic default. Honestly if you don't read the basic Wikis then you deserve what you get, it's called being informed.

Explain why everything works for me regardless of the distro. Maybe they didn't get your memo?
Maybe it is because they all use the same drivers and repositories.

Ubuntu 10.10
They're called 'Restricted Extras', not installed unless you approve them during installation or install them via the Software Center after installation. Most of the codecs are proprietary and not all Ubuntu users want the proprietary software on their computers which is why it's an option and not the automatic default. Honestly if you don't read the basic Wikis then you deserve what you get, it's called being informed.
If they make funny check boxes without any explanation how is that my fault?

And Blei, I think I see your problem now, a problem of your own creation. You had at least one negative experience with Linux (obviously of your own making) and developed a negative attitude, not only that your failed attempt was at least eight years ago, that's a long time in computer years. You also believe you have enough knowledge of Linux (past and present) to make qualified judgements, you don't have enough knowledge which is why it makes you appear to be shilling for Microsoft, they've promoted an ant-Linux/anti-opensource propaganda campaign for decades. I can't count the number of M$ trained techs who regurgitate the anti-Linux crap they learned in training but could not tell anyone anything knowledgeable about Linux or open source.

Last edited:
Ubuntu 10.10
If they make funny check boxes without any explanation how is that my fault?
If M$ relies on hardware makers to provide updated drivers how is that my fault....... :eusa_whistle:
Trapped by your own argument....... Oops.......

Forum List

Back