Lesbian mom in a LTR leading a Boy Scout troop?

Nope. I don't discriminate against anyone. I expect ALL people I hire to follow the terms of their employment.
She wasn't an "employee".

She simply doesn't adhere to the morals the BSA tries to instill.

It's as simple as that.....She has nothing to be bitching about.

Who says she is bitching? We're discussing whether BSA discriminates against gays and lesbians and if a lesbian can serve well as a Cub Scout leader.

Obviously, she served well for many years. BSA discriminates.
No they don't. They adhere to their morals. She's immoral in her behavior, that's a fact.

You LGBT types just want to make a case, where there is no case.

Now, if she was let go from a paid position by an EMPLOYER due to her choice to engage in perverted acts on her own time, then you would have something to bitch about......That would be discrimination.

Who says she is bitching? We're discussing whether BSA discriminates against gays and lesbians and if a lesbian can serve well as a Cub Scout leader.

No they don't. They adhere to their morals. She's immoral in her behavior, that's a fact.

Now, if she was let go from a paid position by an EMPLOYER due to her choice to engage in perverted acts on her own time, then you would have something to bitch about......That would be discrimination.

To argue that they're not discriminating is to not understand the meaning of the word.

The point is that given their status as a private, member organization, they have every right to discriminate as much as they want.

To argue that they're not discriminating is to not understand the meaning of the word.

The point is that given their status as a private, member organization, they have every right to discriminate as much as they want.

Is it moral to discriminate against an entire group of people?

Does that make you immoral? You certainly discriminate against Christians.

Nope. I don't discriminate against anyone. I expect ALL people I hire to follow the terms of their employment.

She was a voluntary employee. Volunteers are employees, just unpaid.

Is it moral to discriminate against an entire group of people?

I guess that would depend on the group.

I guess that would depend on the group.

How so?

Take pedophiles for example. I don't think it's immoral at all to discriminate against them. At least not according to my moral compass anyway.

They are discriminated against, that's true. I think the question about what is moral and if it's moral to discriminate has to do with concepts of morality.

Pedophilia is neither moral, nor legal.

How far do you go? Do we deny pedophiles a place to live? A job? Food? Water?

Take pedophiles for example. I don't think it's immoral at all to discriminate against them. At least not according to my moral compass anyway.

They are discriminated against, that's true. I think the question about what is moral and if it's moral to discriminate has to do with concepts of morality.

Pedophilia is neither moral, nor legal.

Yes...

Pedophiles should be shot... Multiple times so that they slowly bleed out....

I periodically check the sex offender registry in my town. Fortunately we don't have any living there at the moment. If a child molester ever moved into my neighborhood I would terrorize the living shit out of him until he moved. And I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it either.

I periodically check the sex offender registry in my town. Fortunately we don't have any living there at the moment. If a child molester ever moved into my neighborhood I would terrorize the living shit out of him until he moved. And I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it either.

I am watching the show "Dexter" for pointers should the need arrise...

Hey Sky, don't confuse morality with legality. Legally they can discriminate against gays. The morality of doing so is a matter of personal subjective opinion.

If it were up to me they'd stay locked up on the taxpayer's dime until they die. Money well spent IMO.

I admit it's a problem. We don't know what we're doing. We let pedophiles out, but we don't allow them to live anywhere or work anywhere. They may as well be institutionalized.

Hey Sky, don't confuse morality with legality. Legally they can discriminate against gays. The morality of doing so is a matter of personal subjective opinion.

Legally, there are plenty of things we can do that are immoral. Discriminating is not supposed to be legal since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Legally, there are plenty of things we can do that are immoral. Discriminating is not supposed to be legal since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Is it legal for a lesbian counsellor to discriminate against Christian lesbians?

She was a voluntary employee. Volunteers are employees, just unpaid.
No, she was a volunteer, period.

She was a volunteer who worked for the BSA.
No, she volunteered for the BSA.

An employee is paid. An employee falls under protections of the labor laws.

Look, you're talking to a former business owner who has employed many (including gays:eek:) through the years...I know the difference between employees and volunteers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back