Lesbian mom in a LTR leading a Boy Scout troop?

Besides, maybe she wasn't banned for being a lesbian and banned for being a progressive?

I wonder if anyone ever thought of that?

Maybe she was just obnoxious...

How about people just didn't like her?

If it matters I wouldn't particularly enjoy the company of a loud mouthed progressive lesbian either - nor would I tolerate it.

Not if Jesus has anything to say about it ! (Fark headline)

Potomac Falls woman removed from son’s Boy Scout troop | LoudounTimes.com

Idiots.

Denise Steele has been living in Loudoun County for more than a decade, becoming involved with the community, especially through being part of her son’s Boy Scout troop for the past six years.

Steele started out in Boy Scouts as a den leader for her son, Jackson, 12, for his school, Horizon Elementary. No other parent would step up to the plate to take on the responsibility of leading a Cub Scout troop.

In retrospect, the situation was probably good – her son’s troop excelled at everything, including accomplishing badges and winning the Blue and Gold Award all five years, one of the highest awards for Boy Scouts.

Above all, like any mother, Steele put her son first and wanted to make sure he had a great time in scouts.

But in June, Steele’s chances to further bond with her son through scouting were dashed.

The mother was removed from the troop after one of the other assistant scout masters discovered Steele is a lesbian.

Steele has been in a domestic partnership with Jackie Funk for the past 19 years. The two reside in Potomac Falls with their two children, Jackson and Jaden, 9, and Steele’s nephew Will, 10.

Let me guess, you think the BSA are the idiots here.

Idiots.

Denise Steele has been living in Loudoun County for more than a decade, becoming involved with the community, especially through being part of her son’s Boy Scout troop for the past six years.

Steele started out in Boy Scouts as a den leader for her son, Jackson, 12, for his school, Horizon Elementary. No other parent would step up to the plate to take on the responsibility of leading a Cub Scout troop.

In retrospect, the situation was probably good – her son’s troop excelled at everything, including accomplishing badges and winning the Blue and Gold Award all five years, one of the highest awards for Boy Scouts.

Above all, like any mother, Steele put her son first and wanted to make sure he had a great time in scouts.

But in June, Steele’s chances to further bond with her son through scouting were dashed.

The mother was removed from the troop after one of the other assistant scout masters discovered Steele is a lesbian.

Steele has been in a domestic partnership with Jackie Funk for the past 19 years. The two reside in Potomac Falls with their two children, Jackson and Jaden, 9, and Steele’s nephew Will, 10.
Damn. She could be the best thing ever to happen for men and women alike !
You get a lesbo to teach a bus full of boys how to eat pussy and EVERYONE wins !:eusa_shhh:

Idiots.

What are they worried about? I knew they discriminated against gay men, but not lesbian moms.

They do not discriminate.

I suppose gays are more than welcome in a free country to form their own homosexual version of the boy scouts.

How is being homosexual immoral?

It isn't. Being gay isn't immoral. Having sex with someone who is already in a committed relationship is immoral. Adultery is immoral. Consensual adult sexuality is not immoral. The Cub Scout leader was in a monogamous relationship for 19 years. Boy Scouts is a discriminatory organization. Discrimination is immoral.

Does that make you immoral? You certainly discriminate against Christians.

It's a private organization.
It's no secret how the BSA feels about homosexuality.
If someone doesn't like their stance on a matter, DON'T JOIN.

most troops don't give a shit. it's mostly at the national level and that's mostly to pander to the mormons. as someone said earlier, DADT is the basic rule of thumb.

since kids are NEVER alone with an adult as a part of bsa's youth protection program, an adult's sexual orientation really doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Oh, I'm sure someone ratted her out to the home office, given how long she had been involved with the troop.

I wouldn't have a problem with my son or grandson being in her troop.

I just object to the disbelief that she can be made to leave.

:cool:

That is what it really comes down to.

I personally think it is a shame that she was forced to leave, and would have fought for her to stay if I had been involved at all, but the BSA can choose who they want to associate with.

I wonder if a progressive pro gay group would allow a conservative christian into their group?

Think the black caucus would allow a white man on their panel?

Well?

Let me guess the fucking progressives want equality when they're the biggest segregationists around?

Wait how many groups of alleged minorities do progressives hold as slaves?

IDK look it up - see how people are being treated like sheep...

It isn't. Being gay isn't immoral. Having sex with someone who is already in a committed relationship is immoral. Adultery is immoral. Consensual adult sexuality is not immoral. The Cub Scout leader was in a monogamous relationship for 19 years. Boy Scouts is a discriminatory organization. Discrimination is immoral.
Noooooo, it's a christian based organization that instill morals.

Choosing to be a sexually deviant pervert is straight up immoral. Therefore, they rightfully booted her perverted ass.

Right on BSA!....Gotta look out for the kids, and keep the deviants away from them. Bad things can and do happen.....Better safe then sorry.

What bad things will happen?

spit it out

Noooooo, it's a christian based organization that instill morals.

Choosing to be a sexually deviant pervert is straight up immoral. Therefore, they rightfully booted her perverted ass.

Right on BSA!....Gotta look out for the kids, and keep the deviants away from them. Bad things can and do happen.....Better safe then sorry.

What bad things will happen?

spit it out
Ya' just never know!

Our prisons are loaded with sexually deviant perverts......You know Chesters, Rapists, animal fuckers, and the like.

Once a sexually deviant pervert, always a sexually deviant pervert.......There's no reforming them, studies have shown.

Nope. I don't discriminate against anyone. I expect ALL people I hire to follow the terms of their employment.

I wonder if a progressive pro gay group would allow a conservative christian into their group?

Think the black caucus would allow a white man on their panel?

Well?

Let me guess the fucking progressives want equality when they're the biggest segregationists around?

Wait how many groups of alleged minorities do progressives hold as slaves?

IDK look it up - see how people are being treated like sheep...

If the conservative christian followed the same guidelines as everyone else in the group, I would have no problem having them join a liberal or progressive group.

:lmao:

These BSA stories always crack me up.

There is nothing gayer to do to a young boy than put him in Boy Scouts, yet they repeatedly discriminate against gays. Oh, the irony. :lol:

Nope. I don't discriminate against anyone. I expect ALL people I hire to follow the terms of their employment.
She wasn't an "employee".

She simply doesn't adhere to the morals the BSA tries to instill.

It's as simple as that.....She has nothing to be bitching about.

She wasn't an "employee".

She simply doesn't adhere to the morals the BSA tries to instill.

It's as simple as that.....She has nothing to be bitching about.

Who says she is bitching? We're discussing whether BSA discriminates against gays and lesbians and if a lesbian can serve well as a Cub Scout leader.

Obviously, she served well for many years. BSA discriminates.

Forum List

Back