Lesbian activist’s surprisingly candid speech: Gay marriage fight is a ‘lie’

2 gays want a church wedding, church says no, gays claim it's discrimination, sue the church, church either concedes, and liberals screech "see, knew they were all hypocrites" or the church ponies up and either closes, b/c it will get sued again, which causes liberals to screech "new all they cared about was money" or they stop weddings which allows more liberal screeching of about how unimportant marriage is.
The gay marriage movement is about changing state laws to legalize a marriage contract between gays. The decision to allow gays to marry in the church is a church issue, not a legal one. Churches can refuse to do interracial marriage, gay marriage, or marriages outside the faith. Churches are private entities. Although conservatives try to make the gay marriage issue a religious issue it's not. It's a legal issue.
just to be clear, I support gays getting married. and honestly I assumed that they could, just not in a church.

now

You know as well as I do, that the left has a deep seated hate for religion and you know as well as I do that many will be pushing for this.

and I know from history, that the left never fucking ever stops, it's never satisfied.

Because everyone on the Left is a religion-hater.

2 gays want a church wedding, church says no, gays claim it's discrimination, sue the church, church either concedes, and liberals screech "see, knew they were all hypocrites" or the church ponies up and either closes, b/c it will get sued again, which causes liberals to screech "new all they cared about was money" or they stop weddings which allows more liberal screeching of about how unimportant marriage is.
The gay marriage movement is about changing state laws to legalize a marriage contract between gays. The decision to allow gays to marry in the church is a church issue, not a legal one. Churches can refuse to do interracial marriage, gay marriage, or marriages outside the faith. Churches are private entities. Although conservatives try to make the gay marriage issue a religious issue it's not. It's a legal issue.
just to be clear, I support gays getting married. and honestly I assumed that they could, just not in a church.

now

You know as well as I do, that the left has a deep seated hate for religion and you know as well as I do that many will be pushing for this.

and I know from history, that the left never fucking ever stops, it's never satisfied.

Almost 80% of the country self identifies as Christian. Only 16% are "unaffiliated" with any religion. Your "the left hates religion" statement is pure, unadulterated bullshit.

By the way, it is religious marriage that "the gheys" already have equal access to. Civil marriage, not so much.

Has everyone disremembered Sandra Fluke?

Who knew who she was before her last condom broke?

Sandra Fluke is a Dyke, the only thing she uses condoms for is a political lie or waterballons.

Are you suggesting she isn't practicing safe sex when using her strap-on?

I always get a kick out of penis-centric people who think that sex is all about having a penis...or a penis facsimile.

:lol:

Sandra Fluke is a Dyke, the only thing she uses condoms for is a political lie or waterballons.

Are you suggesting she isn't practicing safe sex when using her strap-on?

I always get a kick out of penis-centric people who think that sex is all about having a penis...or a penis facsimile.

:lol:

I'm happy I provided a little excitement for you this morning.

Then why were the lefties applauding when a single Bush admin guy came out against Bush??

The key is here that there is more of an agenda than just equality in things like taxes, visitation in hospitals, etc... and this has been stated time and time again

Or when one or two republican donors came out in favor of gay marriage. or the occaisonal Republican gun control idiot is pointed out...

Yes. They speak for thousands.

WAit so you use one persons statement to represent thousands and call anothers just one person.....bad arguement......does not compute

The point is the OP has someone that is speaking the truth, liberals are not honest and cant be...they have to "prepare" people for their bullshit policies......liek dont ask dont tell was originally sold as we just dont want gay people to lie about being homosexual, to now they can openly serve.....see that's how liberals work....they deceive, they wont take an issue head on....they're pussies

now

Almost 80% of the country self identifies as Christian. Only 16% are "unaffiliated" with any religion. Your "the left hates religion" statement is pure, unadulterated bullshit.

By the way, it is religious marriage that "the gheys" already have equal access to. Civil marriage, not so much.

I haven't seen the stats recently, but I don't think that's true. Everything I've read says that Churches have been going down in attendance. Heck there are a number of churches in Tacoma that are more than 100 years old that have been sold due to lack of membership. It's criminal to take those beautiful old churches down. I'm hoping someone makes them historical landmarks so they can at least preserve some of the beauty and charm of them.

now

I haven't seen the stats recently, but I don't think that's true. Everything I've read says that Churches have been going down in attendance. Heck there are a number of churches in Tacoma that are more than 100 years old that have been sold due to lack of membership. It's criminal to take those beautiful old churches down. I'm hoping someone makes them historical landmarks so they can at least preserve some of the beauty and charm of them.

Those stats come from Pew and ask about religious affiliation not church attendance. They aren't the same thing.

now

No, I don't know that liberals have a deep seated hatred for religion. I consider myself a liberal and I don't hate religion. There are some religious beliefs that I oppose but there are religious beliefs, that some very religious people oppose.

Although 20% of the Democrats say they go to church weekly versus 40% of the Republicans, that doesn't justify your statement. In my opinion, most liberals are agnostic or religious and just don't attend church on a regular basis.

I think the churches are wrong on gay marriage, creationism, and political activism but it's doesn't mean I hate them.

Last edited:
One person said one thing...Well that's the end of that whole discussion aint it

All depends on who that "one person" is, doesn't it?

Boehner says something and you're ready to tie it to every republican.

Pelosi says something and I hitch it to all democrats.

Miss(?)Gessen is a leader in her community and her statements were met with applause.

:eusa_hand:

One has to question the viability of an institution with a 50% failure rate.

Another fallacy.

"Contradicting the endless New York Times articles celebrating "the new American family," "blended families" and "quasi marriages," a recent census report says that only 12 percent of Americans will be married as many as two times in their entire lives. Only 3 percent will be married three or more times.S"
Why Larry King Will Never Be President | Human Events

Feel better now?

Does she want to do away with marriage as a legal contract or as holy matrimony?

I've always thought this was just a front to force their life styles on the churches by forcing them to marry gay couples or get sued out of existence.

how do you think that would happen?

Religious leaders have always had the right to determine who they would marry.

The point is the OP has someone that is speaking the truth, liberals are not honest and cant be...they have to "prepare" people for their bullshit policies......liek dont ask dont tell was originally sold as we just dont want gay people to lie about being homosexual, to now they can openly serve.....see that's how liberals work....they deceive, they wont take an issue head on....they're pussies

Doesn't "they won't have to lie about being gay anymore" imply that they will be able to openly serve? How is that deception? Or are you just looking for something to insult people you don't agree with?

Forum List

Back