Leftists Are You Still Eliminating The Electoral College Or Did That Fade Away Like The Pussy Hats?

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
We don't have a democracy. Didn't you learn that in school?

That is actually a Trump quote from November of 2012. :lol:

Sure is.

donald-trump.png

Then he called for revolution in the streets.

trumptweet2.png

----- that is, for other people to carry out of course, while he watched "thousands and thousands on rooftops" from the safety of an orange building of his edifice complex.

Ironic post for a guy who lost the popular vote by a lot more than anybody else ever lost it....

"Revolution" because....

donald-trump.png

It would appear he believes Hillary Clinton should be President, would it not?

Illegal immigrants "decide elections" in the same way that H.W. "shot JFK"
As you claimed? Yeah, I knew I read it somewhere.
Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president?

Nope. How many years now have you been misreading that thread because you can't read?

Gotta be a record. One that in fact may never fall if you literally never figure it out.
How many years have you been trying to dance your way out of your faux pas? Gotta be a record.

Put it in context what trump tweets.
1st one -the left pushes democracy when we are a republic.
proof- trump wins by knowing how to play the electoral game.

I wonder what changed Trump's mind about the Electoral College? lol

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
We don't have a democracy. Didn't you learn that in school?

That is actually a Trump quote from November of 2012. :lol:

Sure is.

donald-trump.png

Then he called for revolution in the streets.

trumptweet2.png

----- that is, for other people to carry out of course, while he watched "thousands and thousands on rooftops" from the safety of an orange building of his edifice complex.

Ironic post for a guy who lost the popular vote by a lot more than anybody else ever lost it....

"Revolution" because....

donald-trump.png

It would appear he believes Hillary Clinton should be President, would it not?

Great at making predictions --- not so great at spelling ---

screen%20shot%202016-11-10%20at%2012.03.20%20pm.png

He didn't.

He still thinks the Electoral College is a disaster? I somehow doubt that.

He never said it was.
He was talking about the crooked way it was set up by the left.

He didn't.

Lie Like everything else, whatever spews out of the orange mouth depends only on what serves Numero Uno in the moment.

These two were sent within 24 hours of each other.

_87224832_trump7.png

trumpobama.png

That's deep, man. Way to stand behind your convictions. :rofl:

He didn't.

He never said it was.
He was talking about the crooked way it was set up by the left.

Yes, he did and he was talking about the 2012 Presidential Election. It's a rather odd thing to tweet considering Obama won both the EC and the PV.

No that's still being worked on: National Popular Vote

The National Popular Vote bill is 61% of the way to guaranteeing the majority of Electoral College votes and the presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in the country, by changing state winner-take-all laws (not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, but later enacted by 48 states), without changing anything in the Constitution, using the built-in method that the Constitution provides for states to make changes.

All voters would be valued equally in presidential elections, no matter where they live.

Candidates, as in other elections, would allocate their time, money, polling, organizing, and ad buys roughly in proportion to the population

Every vote, everywhere, for every candidate, would be politically relevant and equal in every presidential election.
No more distorting, crude, and divisive and red and blue state maps of predictable outcomes, that don’t represent any minority party voters within each state.

No more handful of 'battleground' states (where the two major political parties happen to have similar levels of support) where voters and policies are more important than those of the voters in 38+ predictable states that have just been 'spectators' and ignored after the conventions.

The bill would take effect when enacted by states with a majority of the electoral votes—270 of 538.

All of the presidential electors from the enacting states will be supporters of the presidential candidate receiving the most popular votes in all 50 states (and DC)—thereby guaranteeing that candidate with an Electoral College majority.

In 2017, the bill has passed the New Mexico Senate and Oregon House.

The bill was approved in 2016 by a unanimous bipartisan House committee vote in both Georgia (16 electoral votes) and Missouri (10).

Since 2006, the bill has passed 35 state legislative chambers in 23 rural, small, medium, large, red, blue, and purple states with 261 electoral votes.

The bill has been enacted by 11 small, medium, and large jurisdictions with 165 electoral votes – 61% of the way to guaranteeing the presidency to the candidate with the most popular votes in the country

NationalPopularVote

Newt Gingrich summarized his support for the National Popular Vote bill by saying: “No one should become president of the United States without speaking to the needs and hopes of Americans in all 50 states. … America would be better served with a presidential election process that treated citizens across the country equally. The National Popular Vote bill accomplishes this in a manner consistent with the Constitution and with our fundamental democratic principles.”

Trump, November 13, 2016, on “60 Minutes”

“ I would rather see it, where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, and somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There’s a reason for doing this. Because it brings all the states into play.”

In 2012, the night Romney lost, Trump tweeted.
"The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. . . . The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy."

Recent and past presidential candidates who supported direct election of the President in the form of a constitutional amendment, before the National Popular Vote bill was introduced: George H.W. Bush (R-TX-1969), Jimmy Carter (D-GA-1977), Hillary Clinton (D-NY-2001), Bob Dole (R-KS-1969), Michael Dukakis (D-MA), Gerald Ford (R-MI-1969), and Richard Nixon (R-CA-1969).

Recent and past presidential candidates with a public record of support, before November 2016, for the National Popular Vote bill that would guarantee the majority of Electoral College votes and the presidency to the candidate with the most national popular votes: Congressmen John Anderson (R, I –ILL), and Bob Barr (Libertarian- GA), Senator Birch Bayh (D-IN), Senator and Governor Lincoln Chafee (R-I-D, -RI), Governor and former Democratic National Committee Chair Howard Dean (D–VT), U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R–GA), Senator and Vice President Al Gore (D-TN), Ralph Nader, Governor Martin O’Malley (D-MD), Jill Stein (Green), Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO), and Senator Fred Thompson (R–TN).

"The electoral college is a disaster for democracy." - Donald J. Trump.

Finally! Something on which the liberals can agree with Donald Trump!

Forum List

Back