Left Now Engaged in Criminal Activity to Silence Rush

I don't think that citing other incidents of this stuff make the next incident OK.

In this we kinda agree.

Best defense against robocalls on the cell is to not answer a number you don't know. IIRC it's a hefty fine per phonecall if you turn them in.

Well yeah... but they didn't identify either.

True, "Women of the 99%" don't exist and no number was left... but then, my cell phone records the number from which the call was received and I'm sure that number can be traced to who owns the line.

My guess is that whoever set up the calls doesn't know the law and if they did, they would have made the calls fit the requirements of the law. Not excusing ignorance of the law, just thinking that they were probably not trying to be deceitful.

Immie

In this we kinda agree.

Best defense against robocalls on the cell is to not answer a number you don't know. IIRC it's a hefty fine per phonecall if you turn them in.

True, "Women of the 99%" don't exist and no number was left... but then, my cell phone records the number from which the call was received and I'm sure that number can be traced to who owns the line.

My guess is that whoever set up the calls doesn't know the law and if they did, they would have made the calls fit the requirements of the law. Not excusing ignorance of the law, just thinking that they were probably not trying to be deceitful.

Immie

Most people know there are rules to robo-calls. Anyone smart enough to source leads data & set-up a robo-calling system sure as heck knows the rules because the penalties are stiff for screwing up. There are warnings on & in most leads data about do not call list, rules & scrubbing. Data must be scrubbed for DNC every 31 days for telemarketing & campaigning. Data companies make sure you see the disclaimers so you don't hold them responsible for you breaking the law with their data.

So crazed is the left to silence those who oppose their agenda and dare mock their sacred cows, they have resorted to committing telecommunication crimes to get the word out and silence a private citizen.

Illegal robocalls accuse Republicans over Rush Limbaugh and 'slut' slur - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

The outrage should be towards this tactic, and prosection on those who have undertaken it.

Criminal activity is not protected free speech.

Women of the 99% Robocall Attacks Rush Limbaugh March 8, 2012 - YouTube

Fuck... do you have ANY idea how many robocalls I got in 2010 from Republican SuperPacs with dumbfuck names like "Taxpayers for Prosperity" and the like? They called me on my phone and talked about Obama's anti-American Agenda and how Chris Carney is Obama's Lapdog(in so many words).

Welcome to the Post-Citizen's United World... if it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I don't agree with it, but it works both ways.... and it's YOUR side that got this Steaming pile of shit rolling... so blame yourself.

I don't think that citing other incidents of this stuff make the next incident OK.

But on a related note, I recall getting a robo call from one of these groups on my cell phone. I answered and this recording began asking me if I was tired of irresponsible democrats spending my money without my approval.... and suddenly I realized that these jerks had called me, on my dime, without my approval. :cuckoo:

Note what I put in bold in my post that you responded to....I DON'T agree with it... but when the SCOTUS opens the door to this kind of bullshit, it HAS to go both ways. This bawling from the right on this subject just goes to show that they felt the Citizen's United Decision was meant only for them. When "the other side" does it, they cry foul.

She? Really?

I am just re calling how all this rep stuff works so I'm not really sure how to tell what the offending remark was. I haven't participated here in a few years and I really had forgotten how rude and mean spirited the place is. I have made an effort over the past years to adjust my internet etiquette to some other forums where many of the posters here wouldn't be allowed into the conversation based on poor manners and bad taste in dialog. A little sarcasm can go a long ways but with all this open hostility, I don't think a forum like this one really stands to foster any kind of understanding or reconciliation between people with diverse ideas. In fact, it just appears to be a place for people to kind of mentally dump on one another. I doubt I will stay much longer than my first visit or be missed anymore when I am gone.

I was asking you if she neg-repped you for saying "It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here."

I don't know if that is why she sent me a bad note. I know I got one and one of the little yellow lights went away. But then I got some good notes and more little green and yellow lights came on. And then this person called me an "ass wipe". And then when I apologized profusely for whatever I said to offend this person, I was called a liar and she made some sort of joke about a tissue at my expense. Quite strange actually.

Well, it looks like she did, then. That's some pretty petty shit on her part.

Good job once again, Willow.

Immie

Most people know there are rules to robo-calls. Anyone smart enough to source leads data & set-up a robo-calling system sure as heck knows the rules because the penalties are stiff for screwing up. There are warnings on & in most leads data about do not call list, rules & scrubbing. Data must be scrubbed for DNC every 31 days for telemarketing & campaigning. Data companies make sure you see the disclaimers so you don't hold them responsible for you breaking the law with their data.

Okay, so maybe they do know the rules.

Immie

Fuck... do you have ANY idea how many robocalls I got in 2010 from Republican SuperPacs with dumbfuck names like "Taxpayers for Prosperity" and the like? They called me on my phone and talked about Obama's anti-American Agenda and how Chris Carney is Obama's Lapdog(in so many words).

Welcome to the Post-Citizen's United World... if it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I don't agree with it, but it works both ways.... and it's YOUR side that got this Steaming pile of shit rolling... so blame yourself.

But on a related note, I recall getting a robo call from one of these groups on my cell phone. I answered and this recording began asking me if I was tired of irresponsible democrats spending my money without my approval.... and suddenly I realized that these jerks had called me, on my dime, without my approval. :cuckoo:

Note what I put in bold in my post that you responded to....I DON'T agree with it... but when the SCOTUS opens the door to this kind of bullshit, it HAS to go both ways. This bawling from the right on this subject just goes to show that they felt the Citizen's United Decision was meant only for them. When "the other side" does it, they cry foul.
Explain how Citizens United is even relevant. AFAIK PACs (when registered) already were not affected by this. This unregistered, unauthorized group is violating the law, and CU is not a covering for it.

But do keep trying to misconstrue the argument.

Impressive. My liberal parents just got one of these illegal calls. Needless to say, they were shocked to learn from me what's going on.

Of course, they hung up on the call 5 seconds in.

Bump for those hoping the thread would go away.

Immie

Immie
So violate it anyway hoping no one notices it.

Immie
If no one enforces the law, does it exist?

Immie

Are you making a statement or asking if I think they should violate it knowing they are breaking the law?

I wish I could say I have never deliberately broken the law, but then my offending right foot would probably crumble up and fall off because I tend to drive faster than the speed limit.

Do I think they should deliberately break the law? No, but then I despise the robocalls and thanks to caller ID I probably wouldn't answer their call in the first place.

Immie

Told my daugher Rush thinks she's a slut cuz she's on the pill. Glad she has a sense of humor.

Told my daugher Rush thinks she's a slut cuz she's on the pill. Glad she has a sense of humor.
*IF* You really did this? YOU are lower than whalesqueeze at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
icon14.gif

Immie

Are you making a statement or asking if I think they should violate it knowing they are breaking the law?

I wish I could say I have never deliberately broken the law, but then my offending right foot would probably crumble up and fall off because I tend to drive faster than the speed limit.

Do I think they should deliberately break the law? No, but then I despise the robocalls and thanks to caller ID I probably wouldn't answer their call in the first place.

Immie

It was a rhetorical comment. They KNOW they are violating the law.

They have to be called on it and brought up on charges.

She? Really?

I am just re calling how all this rep stuff works so I'm not really sure how to tell what the offending remark was. I haven't participated here in a few years and I really had forgotten how rude and mean spirited the place is. I have made an effort over the past years to adjust my internet etiquette to some other forums where many of the posters here wouldn't be allowed into the conversation based on poor manners and bad taste in dialog. A little sarcasm can go a long ways but with all this open hostility, I don't think a forum like this one really stands to foster any kind of understanding or reconciliation between people with diverse ideas. In fact, it just appears to be a place for people to kind of mentally dump on one another. I doubt I will stay much longer than my first visit or be missed anymore when I am gone.

I was asking you if she neg-repped you for saying "It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here."

I don't know if that is why she sent me a bad note. I know I got one and one of the little yellow lights went away. But then I got some good notes and more little green and yellow lights came on. And then this person called me an "ass wipe". And then when I apologized profusely for whatever I said to offend this person, I was called a liar and she made some sort of joke about a tissue at my expense. Quite strange actually.

Sounds like you met Willow. :eek: :D

Immie

and with Erik Holder around and the current FCC, that ain't gonna happen and I suspect they're counting on that.

Immie

and with Erik Holder around and the current FCC, that ain't gonna happen and I suspect they're counting on that.

After this debacle and declination by the Criminal Holder to prosecute these hoods? I don't doubt it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MTQVMatW0]RACIST GROUP INTIMIDATES VOTERS - YouTube[/ame]

After this debacle and declination by the Criminal Holder to prosecute these hoods? I don't doubt it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MTQVMatW0]RACIST GROUP INTIMIDATES VOTERS - YouTube[/ame]

Filthydelphia?

I'd rather you not use that word to describe that city. Last week, I sent a resume to Camden, NJ, right across the river from Philadelphia. The job looked perfect for me! But alas, I was probably 1 of 500 resumes and haven't heard back from them.

I never thought of moving north of the Norfolk, VA area, but that job looked exactly like the one I want. :(

Immie

Forum List

Back