Left Now Engaged in Criminal Activity to Silence Rush

I had forgotten how this thing works about giving credits and taking credits from the little light meter up there.

Willow, I was only pointing out that this is probably not a criminal offense. The violation, according to the article, is the fact these recordings didn't properly identify themselves. At least not to the satisfaction of the person writing the article. This writer claims that because he doesn't know who "The 99% Womens Group" (or who ever these people are) is, that this violates the regulation that robocalls must identify who is sponsoring the call. It's just really thin to begin with and in addition, I don't see where any kind of charges have been made, much less has anyone been been convicted of anything and even if that were the case, it's not something covered by "criminal" code. We don't generally refer to speeders as criminals. Or any number of civil infractions or misdemeanors. Had the author of this topic said "illegal activity" then I wouldn't have raised a peep. But "criminal" is just misleading. No criminal offense here.

Did she neg-rep you for this:

I don't think this is "criminal". It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here.

?

She? Really?

I am just re calling how all this rep stuff works so I'm not really sure how to tell what the offending remark was. I haven't participated here in a few years and I really had forgotten how rude and mean spirited the place is. I have made an effort over the past years to adjust my internet etiquette to some other forums where many of the posters here wouldn't be allowed into the conversation based on poor manners and bad taste in dialog. A little sarcasm can go a long ways but with all this open hostility, I don't think a forum like this one really stands to foster any kind of understanding or reconciliation between people with diverse ideas. In fact, it just appears to be a place for people to kind of mentally dump on one another. I doubt I will stay much longer than my first visit or be missed anymore when I am gone.

I was asking you if she neg-repped you for saying "It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here."

Did she neg-rep you for this:

?

She? Really?

I am just re calling how all this rep stuff works so I'm not really sure how to tell what the offending remark was. I haven't participated here in a few years and I really had forgotten how rude and mean spirited the place is. I have made an effort over the past years to adjust my internet etiquette to some other forums where many of the posters here wouldn't be allowed into the conversation based on poor manners and bad taste in dialog. A little sarcasm can go a long ways but with all this open hostility, I don't think a forum like this one really stands to foster any kind of understanding or reconciliation between people with diverse ideas. In fact, it just appears to be a place for people to kind of mentally dump on one another. I doubt I will stay much longer than my first visit or be missed anymore when I am gone.

I was asking you if she neg-repped you for saying "It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here."

I don't know if that is why she sent me a bad note. I know I got one and one of the little yellow lights went away. But then I got some good notes and more little green and yellow lights came on. And then this person called me an "ass wipe". And then when I apologized profusely for whatever I said to offend this person, I was called a liar and she made some sort of joke about a tissue at my expense. Quite strange actually.

Last edited:
She? Really?

I don't know if that is why she sent me a bad note. I know I got one and one of the little yellow lights went away. But then I got some good notes and more little green and yellow lights came on. And then this person called me an "ass wipe". And then when I apologized profusely for whatever I said to offend this person, I was called a liar and she made some sort of joke about a tissue at my expense. Quite strange actually.
Welcome back to USMB!

So crazed is the left to silence those who oppose their agenda and dare mock their sacred cows, they have resorted to committing telecommunication crimes to get the word out and silence a private citizen.

Illegal robocalls accuse Republicans over Rush Limbaugh and 'slut' slur - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

The outrage should be towards this tactic, and prosection on those who have undertaken it.

Criminal activity is not protected free speech.

Women of the 99% Robocall Attacks Rush Limbaugh March 8, 2012 - YouTube

LOL. Silence Rush? No fucking way. Every time the obese junkie opens his mouth, he adds votes to the President's total in November. Women were 53% of the vote in 2008, and voted for Obama by 56%. Both totals will be higher in 2012.

So crazed is the left to silence those who oppose their agenda and dare mock their sacred cows, they have resorted to committing telecommunication crimes to get the word out and silence a private citizen.

Illegal robocalls accuse Republicans over Rush Limbaugh and 'slut' slur - Mail Online - Toby Harnden's blog

The outrage should be towards this tactic, and prosection on those who have undertaken it.

LOL. Silence Rush? No fucking way. Every time the obese junkie opens his mouth, he adds votes to the President's total in November. Women were 53% of the vote in 2008, and voted for Obama by 56%. Both totals will be higher in 2012.

The perpetually Butt Hurt were going to vote for him anyway, so you have gained nothing.

The CONz are really stupid. It is like watching the Three Stooges or the Marx Brothers. Obama and his people are playing them like a fine fiddle. This "War on Women" real or percieved is going to catch them by surprise ..even though every pundit with any credibility on both sides is sure of it and is desperately warning them of it.

They go on and on about free speach...OR they did it too or first or whatever.... It is mind boggling how they think they can win this war or argument or propaganda campaign. I think what it boils down to is that they in fact do not take women seriously. Somehow they do not believe that women will turn out in much greater numbers in November. They will pay dearly for this willfull ignorance.

Here are just a few of the laws this group has violated by calling accross state lines.

Federal Robocall Privacy Act
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA)
State & Federal National Do Not Call Registry
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
The California Public Utilities Code §§ 2871 et seq.

Fuck... do you have ANY idea how many robocalls I got in 2010 from Republican SuperPacs with dumbfuck names like "Taxpayers for Prosperity" and the like? They called me on my phone and talked about Obama's anti-American Agenda and how Chris Carney is Obama's Lapdog(in so many words).

Welcome to the Post-Citizen's United World... if it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I don't agree with it, but it works both ways.... and it's YOUR side that got this Steaming pile of shit rolling... so blame yourself.

well, they should have said what group was doing the robo calls. but i wouldn't go rending my clothes over it.

you say it's "the left" as if everyone on the left is behind the robocalls.

they'll probably get fined. and the fine can be paid by whatever PAC is behind it...

isn't Citizens United great?

/sarcasm
Citizens United?

Red Herring fail.

Fuck... do you have ANY idea how many robocalls I got in 2010 from Republican SuperPacs with dumbfuck names like "Taxpayers for Prosperity" and the like? They called me on my phone and talked about Obama's anti-American Agenda and how Chris Carney is Obama's Lapdog(in so many words).

Welcome to the Post-Citizen's United World... if it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I don't agree with it, but it works both ways.... and it's YOUR side that got this Steaming pile of shit rolling... so blame yourself.
Ahh so this IS the new talking point. "It's all Citizens United fault."

Horse shit. More attempts to link dissimilar concepts to obfuscate the truth.

Very good Alinsky tactics, but it ain't working this time.

from the article.....

And that's a very thin statement to base a judgement of illegal on, much less criminal. The group did identify itself, the author just claims there is no known group by that name. Well.... known to whom?

If the group can be identified by this name, there is nothing even illegal, much less criminal.
The letter of the law is the letter of the law. The spirit of the law was long killed off by the left as unimportant.

Don't you know that the law doesn't apply to political groups and/or their agents?

Immie

And that's a very thin statement to base a judgement of illegal on, much less criminal. The group did identify itself, the author just claims there is no known group by that name. Well.... known to whom?

If the group can be identified by this name, there is nothing even illegal, much less criminal.
The letter of the law is the letter of the law. The spirit of the law was long killed off by the left as unimportant.

Don't you know that the law doesn't apply to political groups and/or their agents?

Immie
And yet, they're not registered, so therefore, they are not exempt. And the exemption IIRC counts only for the candidates and candidates committee.

Immie
And yet, they're not registered, so therefore, they are not exempt. And the exemption IIRC counts only for the candidates and candidates committee.

Either I am very, very tired or you missed the sarcasm in my post.

Immie

Immie

Either I am very, very tired or you missed the sarcasm in my post.

Immie
Some from column A and some from column B I guess. If I misunderstood, it was an honest mistake.

I don't think that citing other incidents of this stuff make the next incident OK.

But on a related note, I recall getting a robo call from one of these groups on my cell phone. I answered and this recording began asking me if I was tired of irresponsible democrats spending my money without my approval.... and suddenly I realized that these jerks had called me, on my dime, without my approval. :cuckoo:

I don't think that citing other incidents of this stuff make the next incident OK.

In this we kinda agree.

Best defense against robocalls on the cell is to not answer a number you don't know. IIRC it's a hefty fine per phonecall if you turn them in.

Forum List

Back